PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

Hi, I am familiar with flashing custom roms (ie using a RUU_signed.nbh file, running ROMUpdateUtility.exe). But, I want to go back to stock. What is the difference between the dumped and shipped (signed) roms on the first post in this thread?

It looks like the dumped roms are a .nbh file, which I think I can use.

But the shipped is exe. Do I put the phone into boot loader mode, connect to my PC and run the exe?

Thanks. I tried looking through this thread, but I am sure I missed the above info.....
Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Hi, I am familiar with flashing custom roms (ie using a RUU_signed.nbh file, running ROMUpdateUtility.exe). But, I want to go back to stock. What is the difference between the dumped and shipped (signed) roms on the first post in this thread?

It looks like the dumped roms are a .nbh file, which I think I can use.

But the shipped is exe. Do I put the phone into boot loader mode, connect to my PC and run the exe?

Thanks. I tried looking through this thread, but I am sure I missed the above info.....
The dumped is unsigned, which means it can only be flashed on an unlocked phone. It is just the OS rom. The shipped rom is signed, which means it can be flashed on a locked or unlocked phone. It contains the OS and radio rom and also the PRL and PRI.

The exe file is just a convenient auto opening package file that contains the nbh and the RomUpdateUtility.exe files, along with the other important RUU files. You do the exe file the same way you do the ruu. Just establish usb connection with computer and phone (in activesync or bootloader) and open the exe. If you want the files inside that packaged exe file, you can extract it with winrar.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-19-2009 at 04:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
The dumped is unsigned, which means it can only be flashed on an unlocked phone. It is just the OS rom. The shipped rom is signed, which means it can be flashed on a locked or unlocked phone. It contains the OS and radio rom and also the PRL and PRI.

The exe file is just a convenient auto opening package file that contains the nbh and the RomUpdateUtility.exe files, along with the other important RUU files. You do the exe file the same way you do the ruu. Just establish usb connection with computer and phone (in activesync or bootloader) and open the exe. If you want the files inside that packaged exe file, you can extract it with winrar.
Thanks razorloves. Since my phone is already unlocked, I guess the dumped version is good for me. I'm not relocking yet (not sending it back) just want to go back to stock.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post

Thanks again razorloves. Everything went fine using the dumped rom. I'm feeling all retro now that I'm back to stock ha ha.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

sorry if this is covered already but i didnt quite know what search terms to type in for this...

When I flash the shipped ROM (Signed .exe) does this also override any custom settings I have made in my EPST... For example, on top of if overriding the PRI, will it also change NAM Settings, or CDMA Settings, S.I.P. Settings, ACCOLC, SCI etc,...?
Also, how about any QPST settings that I have customized?
I am hoping so... i just wanna start fresh and then flash a new ROM... I know that when flashing custom ROMs it doesn't change any of these settings.

TIA
Your welcome
Old 08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro (verizon)

Fl00rmatt is a n00b

I just tried searching this thread and found nothing, but i just unlocked my replacement VZ TP and it had version 1.08 on it. Was i reading something wrong or did they potentially put out a new release for the stock ROM?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

fabrijack is just getting started

I have a brand new CellularSouth Touch Pro coming tomorrow. If someone will tell me how I will dump the stock rom so it can be added to the list.
thanks,
Jack
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl00rmatt View Post
I just tried searching this thread and found nothing, but i just unlocked my replacement VZ TP and it had version 1.08 on it. Was i reading something wrong or did they potentially put out a new release for the stock ROM?
here's the new one http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...zon%20Wireless
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrijack View Post
I have a brand new CellularSouth Touch Pro coming tomorrow. If someone will tell me how I will dump the stock rom so it can be added to the list.
thanks,
Jack
just incase you didn't know, we already have the stock shipped rom here http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgee...th#post1030332
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC/Vz Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

Big Calhoun is a n00b

Quote:
WARNING: Attempting to downgrade after GPS (3.xx) upgrade can cause (at least as of now) bricking of devices (I have a dead mogul and vogue to prove it!)
Just want to check something...if I flashed the VzW stock ROM present in this thread would I still be able to update the current version/maintenance release or is that an issue that the warning above is referring to?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development