PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebuzz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
You will want the Sprint Shipped rom if you are going to return it.
Thanks! And that shipped ROM is available here? I think I saw it in the "Stock ROMS" thread?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
Thanks! And that shipped ROM is available here? I think I saw it in the "Stock ROMS" thread?
yea...you are in the stock roms thread right now. it's near the end of the first post in this thread. here's a link to it http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip
Old 04-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro sprint

cheetoswmilk83 is a n00b

i have a question. what is the difference between a dumped and shipped rom?? i am new and going back to stock but have dont really have a clue as to which one i should be using..
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetoswmilk83 View Post
i have a question. what is the difference between a dumped and shipped rom?? i am new and going back to stock but have dont really have a clue as to which one i should be using..
The stock shipped rom will flash your main OS(operating system) rom and the radio rom. The stock dumped rom will just flash your OS rom. May I ask why you've decided to go back to stock? If you're returning it then you'll want to do the shipped rom, then relock it.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
The stock shipped rom will flash your main OS(operating system) rom and the radio rom. The stock dumped rom will just flash your OS rom.
What is the "Radio" and what does it do anyway? Doesn't that make the "phone" work and don't you need both Radio and Rom?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
What is the "Radio" and what does it do anyway? Doesn't that make the "phone" work and don't you need both Radio and Rom?
Basically, the radio controls the communication between your phone and the cell phone towers. Different radios will usually provide different levels of signal, battery life, and, due to a combination of both, it will effect how hot your phone gets. You can flash to different radios by following the steps here and downloading them here. A shipped rom will change the radio to whichever stock radio rom is built into that shipped rom. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-27-2009 at 03:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

[quote=razorloves;852389 Hope that answers your question.[/quote]
Very helpful, thanks. So if you flash a custom ROM that does not change the radio, right? And then you can flash to a new radio, no? I'm using Sprint TP so the stock radio is V1.03.15F and there's a new one called V 1.11.0F. Is the newer version better?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Very helpful, thanks. So if you flash a custom ROM that does not change the radio, right? And then you can flash to a new radio, no? I'm using Sprint TP so the stock radio is V1.03.15F and there's a new one called V 1.11.0F. Is the newer version better?
You're welcome. The custom roms for the touch pro here on ppcgeeks do not contain the radio rom, so they will not change the radio. You can flash to different radios before or after you flash a custom rom if you want. Your phone just has to be unlocked. Newer radio's aren't necessarily better. The affect the radio has on your phone is different for everyone, so you just have to try the different ones out to see which one works best for you. The telus 1.04.05V radio seems to work the best for most people. There is plenty of talk about it in the radio thread. Also, just because you're on sprint doesn't mean you have to stick to a sprint radio. Any of the radio's in that thread will work on your phone. Here's the link to it in case you haven't seen it. http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ad.php?t=46616
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

I'm about to install the shipped ROM do i need to put my phone in Bootloader?

Old 04-18-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK, so I am about to try a number of your tweeks and themes etc, but as a noob I'm nervous (as I'm sure u remember b/c we talked about it a few times now).
Before I start I had a couple of questions (again sry for the PM).
I'm going to try a few easy tweeks first beforeI go any further, but I tried to copy some of my manilas from the phone to my PC to keep as backups but I dont see them in the folder I copied them to. Is there some block or something that won't allow files to be copied to the PC? When I try to recopy, I get a msg that its already there, but I cant see it. What gives?
I installed the PHM registry editor on the phone but dont see it anywere in programs or anything. Where is it?

Last edited by ebuzz; 04-19-2009 at 09:42 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development