PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ProtoProtoss is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

I used the EXE to install it for the shipped one (newest version). When it installed, it had the sms message lit up showing i had mail, so i checked it and it said message from 9330, and the message just said aim (as the message. the word "aim" was there)

For some strange reason, once installed, if i reset the device, it can't find a ton of the files to initially start it, so it crashes and I have to redo it again... I don't understand what's going on with it. This is my fourth time retrying now, so am going to reset immediately before trying to use anything, then see what happens... If not, I think I'll go back to the stock one, cause when it booted last time, I didn't see anything for the radio anyways.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoProtoss View Post
I used the EXE to install it for the shipped one (newest version). When it installed, it had the sms message lit up showing i had mail, so i checked it and it said message from 9330, and the message just said aim (as the message. the word "aim" was there)

For some strange reason, once installed, if i reset the device, it can't find a ton of the files to initially start it, so it crashes and I have to redo it again... I don't understand what's going on with it. This is my fourth time retrying now, so am going to reset immediately before trying to use anything, then see what happens... If not, I think I'll go back to the stock one, cause when it booted last time, I didn't see anything for the radio anyways.
did you try redownloading it. sounds like it's corrupted. how are you flashing?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829

how do you install the shipped EXE ROM to my touch pro?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:17 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

US Cellular Shipped Herman ROM.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/04jntj...39959_Ship.exe
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboi6829 View Post
how do you install the shipped EXE ROM to my touch pro?
Establish activesync with phone and computer. Download the shipped exe file to your desktop, then open it. Flash process will begin.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrenz999 is keeping up the good workmrenz999 is keeping up the good work

Can I get someone to upload the sprint stock rom to something other than RapidShare please ?
Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenz999 View Post
Can I get someone to upload the sprint stock rom to something other than RapidShare please ?
Thanks in advance.
There are 3 stock sprint roms in the first post. One of them is not on rapidshare. You didn't specify which one you wanted.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenz999 View Post
Thanks in advance.
I agree, RapidShare is terrible and blocked for me. I wish one of the shipped stock ROMs were posted on the ppcgeeks ftp.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebuzz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
You didn't specify which one you wanted.

This may have been asked already, but what's the difference between a "dumped" ROM and a "shipped" ROM? If I have to return the phone to Sprint for some reason, which one would I install?
Old 04-09-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
This may have been asked already, but what's the difference between a "dumped" ROM and a "shipped" ROM? If I have to return the phone to Sprint for some reason, which one would I install?
Basically, a dumped rom just flashes the OS (operating sytem) rom. The shipped rom does the OS rom and the radio rom. You will want the Sprint Shipped rom if you are going to return it.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-10-2009 at 08:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development