PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] JBTROM Bare Essentials WM 6.5.5 Sense 2.5.2016 [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
do u think u zip up the youtube 1.6 from this rom, I would appreciate it, since I know this works perfect for my metropcs..
Are you saying you would rather I stay with the present YouTube 1.6?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Are you saying you would rather I stay with the present YouTube 1.6?
For me anyway, yes.. it works for me at metropcs.. all the newer ones dont work through, data... wifi yes it works..

so if u can zip me up the files, I can always add them if the new ones dont work.

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
For me anyway, yes.. it works for me at metropcs.. all the newer ones dont work through, data... wifi yes it works..

so if u can zip me up the files, I can always add them if the new ones dont work.
Then I'll just stick with the YouTube 1.6.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Yeah, all of us currently using RZ's kitchen are having problems getting Youtube 2.6 to work...

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

I copied the youtube from with rom, and I get the same message that I do when i install it to a different rom,

there is not enough free storage space to run youtube,
minimum free storage space required is 8mb.

I have a 16gb sd, with plenty of space free...
Old 07-17-2010, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

hey, just wanted to check out this new rom thread. Its not very often we get a new chef anymore.

I will be keeping an eye on this one. I don't know how much help I might be, but you never know.

I currently use nrg's roms. I'm sure if you have any questions, you could send him a pm. He seems to release the newest stuff, and for me, everything works about 99.99% of the time.

Just throwing that out there, but I can understand the fun of trying to figure it out yourself.

Anyway, good luck with the devlopment of this one. Nice to see more choices out there nowadays.
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9C
Carrier: Starcomms Plc, Nigeria

nigerman is a n00b

Thanks for the Rom, it was special !
Old 07-31-2010, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rdjones7 is a n00b

JBT - great job on squeezing the newer sense into your ROM and keeping mem up! I have a VERIZON TP and despite your great job I find it just runs out of mem too fast. I was really hoping this would work for me as I like the look of sense and would love to try it for more than a day or two. Running out of ram too quickly affects reliability and this is my primary device. Someday a new phone is in order. Continue the great work!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones7 View Post
JBT - great job on squeezing the newer sense into your ROM and keeping mem up! I have a VERIZON TP and despite your great job I find it just runs out of mem too fast. I was really hoping this would work for me as I like the look of sense and would love to try it for more than a day or two. Running out of ram too quickly affects reliability and this is my primary device. Someday a new phone is in order. Continue the great work!
Is anyone else having memory problems?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rdjones7 is a n00b

JBT - a bit more info if it helps. My Verizon TP is spec'd to only have 192M ram whereas a Sprint TP is spec'd as 288M ram so I down about 90M to begin with. The mem tool reads 113.29 total, 51.63 in-use, 61.61 free on the stock wm6.1 rom after a fresh install. I did a task29 and then installed your rom and finished any customization. The mem tool reads 104.66 total, 78.44 in use, 26.22 free. This is not much but very comparable to what I find is available on Energy roms with Sense 2.5 which also do not work for me and lock up regularly. Your ROM ran well until I started running apps and I ran into the mem error if I was not diligent about closing things. NFS's 1.05 rom gives me 46M free after install and I was running into quirky issues with it when running sense. Swinn's rom (no Sense, with Titanium) gives me 56.76M. I am generally using Swinn's because my experiences with Sense roms and I do not find Titanium objectionable with a few appropriate tools (Home Screen Customizer 1.5 adds single site weather and fav contacts, Taskanium for task mgmt). Again, you did a great job and it was fast. I just think my phone's lack of ram gives me little choice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development