PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407)

kski71 02-27-2010 12:00 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by winmonewbie (Post 1595237)
Yup, that's the one I tested, just tried it again and all still seems fine. Played through one song (4:11) and transitioned perfectly to the next. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. At least you do have some other media player options.

The most puzzling thing is I thought is was rootroms but no, its all roms except for stock. Wierd huh?!? Even roms that I have already like Skirom 1/25. Worked once before but now nothing

rootlinux 02-27-2010 12:18 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

It has to be your storage card.
Somethong corrupt I would think

kski71 02-27-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1595271)
It has to be your storage card.
Somethong corropt I woild think

Just for verification you think its my sd card even tho the other players play perfectly? Thanks. I dont know Im just asking.

kski71 02-27-2010 12:36 PM

By the way Root, eventhough MY manila music is F'ed, I abolutely love your roms. Great job!

fsubartender 02-27-2010 01:57 PM

Just started using XXXSlimRootLS. Did you know that there is no icon for SETTINGS on the start menu screen?

money711 02-27-2010 02:03 PM

I have been running xxxdark root 225 and it seems that for some reason every since i been running it my data connection has been the worse i have ever seen. I can not stay connected to the internet for longer than about ten minutes and before i reflashed it last night i couldn't make a call in some cases.

Although my signal strength is not 1 or 2 notches i am still getting the cannot connect to the server.

I am thinking i should flash a radio but i have never had to do this with any other one of the other dark root roms and i have been using them since about January sometime.

I flashed to stock and then to xxxdark and i thought i had a bad flash because last night i decided to flash dance again. It seem like the data works a little better then yesterday but i still can't stay on the internet long.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

gimme5 02-27-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsubartender (Post 1595438)
Just started using XXXSlimRootLS. Did you know that there is no icon for SETTINGS on the start menu screen?

Yes, from the previous page:
Quote:

Originally Posted by winmonewbie (Post 1595196)
Two options:
Go to Settings Tab in Sense-Menu/All Settings

OR

This reg edit that was posted yesterday AM will put the Settings folder back on the Start Menu:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3840

Either way, then go to System/Touch Response Settings

fsubartender 02-27-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimme5 (Post 1595450)
Yes, from the previous page:

Thanks.

rootlinux 02-27-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kski71 (Post 1595282)
Just for verification you think its my sd card even tho the other players play perfectly? Thanks. I dont know Im just asking.

I thould you it only works right on the stock rom.
All new custom roms have newer muic tabs and players.

the-wrangler 02-27-2010 05:46 PM

flashed the xxxdark....very nice job root. muchly appreciated my man..im really diggin this, shes quick as hell

jspenc3 02-27-2010 05:58 PM

I'm on the XXXRootRomLS_02252009_23540 and did a flash dance. This thing is running MUCH smoother than any other 6.5 / sense 2.5 ROMS I've tried, but I've had the following issues:

1) My first day I had 2 DSOD's (requiring soft reset).
2) The email coming from my exchange server are not opening in Manila in order (if I click to open it when I have 3 new messages it is jumping into the middle of the list, not the newest).
3) My text messages still show 2016 (didn't someone say earlier this never affected rootROM?).

tatoniss 02-27-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacib (Post 1595013)
Have you flashed the stock Rom first? I've been using XXXRootRom0225 for almost 2 days and I don't have any of the problems listed here. Battery is fine, music is playing fine... I didn't do a soft reset in almost 24 hours and I have 71megs free mem.
I usually flash the Stock ROM first, do hard reset on the Stock Rom and then flash the RootRom and do another hardreset.

Battery life is great and it does not freeze on me, its a great rom. I did flash back to stock before I flashed. I might just reflash its not a major deal for me. I currently have 49 megs free.

illwafer 02-27-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspenc3 (Post 1595855)
2) The email coming from my exchange server are not opening in Manila in order (if I click to open it when I have 3 new messages it is jumping into the middle of the list, not the newest).

this could be due to the default sort by in the new outlook. i think the default is "conversations". try switching that (use the soft menu - the other way hangs), to "received". this should sort it just like the old outlook, and will probably work fine in manila (works for me).

WAH 02-27-2010 09:21 PM

the batterylife on the homeroot is incredible.
kudos to dave for taking over as the best chef in the buisness!

1sae 02-27-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwafer (Post 1596086)
this could be due to the default sort by in the new outlook. i think the default is "conversations". try switching that (use the soft menu - the other way hangs), to "received". this should sort it just like the old outlook, and will probably work fine in manila (works for me).

Oh good, you noticed that using the sort menu at the top causes it to hang. I thought I might have had a bad flash so I was gonna hard reset. Didn't know about the sort order in the soft menu. Makes things easier.

BTW, does anyone else have the double scroll bar in the threaded sms? I found that I had to go into the thread_style.css and change threadbottom height to 83 and that worked for me.

wiskydiver1 02-27-2010 11:30 PM

Hey root, I tried a bunch of the XXX roms, and still went back to RootRom21_02062010_23518

It's just so damn stable! No issues except for the mms from the camera thing, but that's not a big deal. For anyone running SPB MS this is THE Rom that I swear was meant for it!

shadowhawk2021 02-27-2010 11:46 PM

The slim rom is AWSOME, one question though. Is there a way to add the program tab back?

I love these roms, they are so fast and run so smooth, it is like a completely new phone.

rootlinux 02-28-2010 12:49 AM

I have not tried the program tab on 2012.

Is you exit the task manager on the top right you can tap there and all programs will pop up.
Very fast way to get to your apps.

Child_Healer 02-28-2010 12:53 AM

Root, thank you for your awesome work! I am running your XXXRootRom and it hasn't frozen. I rely on it at work. Please keep up the good work!

Peace.=D>

RyanMayo 02-28-2010 01:00 AM

root, awesome rom. using the newest slimroot! no problems at all. none. what are the chances of you making a superslim rom. nothing on it but wm and sense 2.5? no apps, no browser nothing (except your tweaks)... bare bones so i can just add the apps i really want? that would be sweet.

snipper_cr 02-28-2010 01:07 AM

I think this was brought up before but no one was quite sure.

I seem to have some stability problems when working with WiFi. The rom locks up and almost always requires a restart when I have WiFi on but is rock solid (as typical from root!) when WiFi is off. I note it is especially shakey when there are multiple networks detected but not connected to any of them.

Figured I'd give the master chef a heads up if he wasn't aware of this.
::bows::

shadowhawk2021 02-28-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1596703)
I have not tried the program tab on 2012.

Is you exit the task manager on the top right you can tap there and all programs will pop up.
Very fast way to get to your apps.

Wow! I should have known there was a better way and that it was cooked in.

Thanks again

drdrewdown 02-28-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snipper_cr (Post 1596728)

I seem to have some stability problems when working with WiFi. The rom locks up and almost always requires a restart when I have WiFi on but is rock solid (as typical from root!) when WiFi is off. I note it is especially shakey when there are multiple networks detected but not connected to any of them.

i use wifi multiple times a day at various locations & have not experienced any aspect of what you are referring to. what version of the rom are you using & did you flashdance?

botnryan 02-28-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snipper_cr (Post 1596728)

I Have this problem too! when im at home on my wifi network (only one in range) it works perfectly! When i leave and go to work theres 3 in range there and the device freaks out and locks up when i hit dismiss after it asks which to connect to. Even when i turn WiFi off before hand, it still asks which to connect to also. (RootRom 0225)

Also i think ive solved my battery problem, i installed Lumos and a battery enhancement cab, even going thru the 90's it took a while so i think ill be good now :D Also on my last re-flash i refrained from installing the VZW carrier cab, radio, and stopped using changescreen. Even tho i dont think those had much to do with it, they couldve.

juicy.cook 02-28-2010 06:07 AM

Anyone have an issue with the top bar icons acting weird? My battery icon is the classic WM icon, and whatever icon is supposed to be to the left of it is non-existent (there is a black square). the other two are as shown.

im running the new xxxslimroot 2.5 on a sprint tp.

i would hard reset/flash but i would prefer not to have to re-setup the device again.

fsubartender 02-28-2010 09:53 AM

I am sorry if this is a question that has been addressed in the 3945 pervious posts, butI am using XSlimRootLS_02152009_23518 and

1. on the START>SETTINGS>SYSTEM There is 2 Device Information and Power Icons.
2. I cant get my @msn.com mail account to properly install. The mail program wont download any of my personal folders.

Is there a email set up fix / .cab / reg hack?

Also with the weather settings...From the home screen if you enable Location only, the weather settings work from the weather page.

And THIS ROM IS LIGHTNING FAST ! ! !

rootlinux 02-28-2010 11:16 AM

Just not plugged my device in to charge.
Took it off charge yest morning and I am now at 16% but I do have an extended battery.
Close to 24 hours on XXXDarkRoot and still 16% juice. LOL

rootlinux 02-28-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicy.cook (Post 1597064)
Anyone have an issue with the top bar icons acting weird? My battery icon is the classic WM icon, and whatever icon is supposed to be to the left of it is non-existent (there is a black square). the other two are as shown.

im running the new xxxslimroot 2.5 on a sprint tp.

i would hard reset/flash but i would prefer not to have to re-setup the device again.

Did you install a new taskbar?
No issues here.

I think I understand why the taskbar drop down icons are off again and will try and fix them for the next update.
They were working on my test run and I changed a few things before release.
Should be an easy fix.

rootlinux 02-28-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsubartender (Post 1597130)
I am sorry if this is a question that has been addressed in the 3945 pervious posts, butI am using XSlimRootLS_02152009_23518 and

1. on the START>SETTINGS>SYSTEM There is 2 Device Information and Power Icons.
2. I cant get my @msn.com mail account to properly install. The mail program wont download any of my personal folders.

Is there a email set up fix / .cab / reg hack?

Also with the weather settings...From the home screen if you enable Location only, the weather settings work from the weather page.

And THIS ROM IS LIGHTNING FAST ! ! !

I am aware of the double icon issues and will be working on getting that fixed.
The new WM build has apps that I already had in my kitchen.
I will remove the doubles.

As far as MSN goes have you updated your Live software or anything?
I do not use live/hotmail on my device.

botnryan 02-28-2010 01:06 PM

After Lumos and battery enhancement im a happy camper root :D been running for 2 1/2 hours and still at 91% :D :D lightning fast and actually the WiFi freak out issue seems to have temporarily fixed itself haha. :thumbright:

fsubartender 02-28-2010 01:22 PM

FIXED HOTMAIL/MSN MAIL ISSUE>

I had to download the latest Windows Live Software cab and it fixed the email problem.

Any way we can fix the double icon issue after the ROM is installed?

Any how do you install a new start up animation? I believe RSTOYGuy has a great one of the APPLE logo getting crushed my the HTC icon.

Thanks.

gimme5 02-28-2010 02:34 PM

Hey Root!
I've loaded the latest xxxRootRom and I've been able to prevent Arkswitch to start on my device. Now, where Arkswitch used to be, there's the program you mentioned, with the shortcuts to all the apps and the MRU apps at the bottom. Is there anything that I could do to get rid of that program?

rootlinux 02-28-2010 03:04 PM

You do not like the app launcher?

gimme5 02-28-2010 03:09 PM

Yeah, I like the app launcher, but I REALLY like xhook/xtask. So far, they haven't been playing too nice together. :-/

rootlinux 02-28-2010 03:45 PM

Send me links to those apps.

Terencec 02-28-2010 03:47 PM

Let me preface this question, Yes I know I am greedy lol

Any chance of an update soon? ;)

drdrewdown 02-28-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terencec (Post 1597634)
Let me preface this question, Yes I know I am greedy lol

Any chance of an update soon? ;)

what needs to be in the update? what are you so anxious for? i think this last update is right on point.

gimme5 02-28-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1597627)
Send me links to those apps.

PM sent.

Found another issue, if you click the top right menu in File explorer (to change the sorting), the phone hangs for about 5 seconds, and then the menu looks messed up.

Here's a pic:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1...leexplorer.png

drdrewdown 02-28-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimme5 (Post 1597649)
PM sent.

Found another issue, if you click the top right menu in File explorer (to change the sorting), the phone hangs for about 5 seconds, and then the menu looks messed up.

Here's a pic:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1...leexplorer.png

this happens to me as well. however i first noticed it on windows marketplace, but after your post, it happens on file explorer too

Systom 02-28-2010 05:22 PM

I flashed the latest XXXDarkRootRom, maybe I'm retarded here, but how do I get to all of the main phones settings? Normally there's a settings icon that gets me there, I'm talking about to like to change my ringtones, change background/shell types, or to turn off the vibrating, to uninstall programs, am I missing something here?