PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407)

kski71 02-26-2010 10:18 AM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Any answers as to why the music tab boinks out? Plays for 2 min. and then that circle appears like its regrouping my music then nothing. I am using latest xxxRootRom.

JeffersonDavis 02-26-2010 10:23 AM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Lemme say the XXXSlim rocks. Super fast even on verizon. My problem is that once I set up my 4 email accts it seems they eat memory even with the inboxes empty.

I'm testing this by removing two of the accts then checking the mem, then remove all and check the mem.

Anyone have any experience with e-mail and saving mem? Should I FWD all messages to Gmail and only use one acct, or am I wasting my time?

By the way the reg fix for the Settings button worked perfect.

G

ThreeFaces 02-26-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffersonDavis (Post 1592460)
Lemme say the XXXSlim rocks. Super fast even on verizon. My problem is that once I set up my 4 email accts it seems they eat memory even with the inboxes empty.

I'm testing this by removing two of the accts then checking the mem, then remove all and check the mem.

Anyone have any experience with e-mail and saving mem? Should I FWD all messages to Gmail and only use one acct, or am I wasting my time?

By the way the reg fix for the Settings button worked perfect.

G

Check to see where you're storing attachments for each account - that will impact memory - try saving them to your storage card instead of the main memory. Also, you can go into each account's settings and pull back on the size of the initial download of each header/message [you'll see less in the preview, but will save memory]. You can try trimming down on the number of items in all of your inboxes or the number of items the device is syncing [past 3 days vs. the past week]. Or, like you suggested, try forwarding everything into a single Gmail account, but I think the other recommendations may help cut down on the amount of mem each account is taking up.

Good luck with it.

tatoniss 02-26-2010 11:22 AM

Very fast rom, excellent job. My only problem is that this rom is a memory hog, i run out of ram very easily. I have a sprint touch pro.

tx_jaycee 02-26-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatoniss (Post 1592550)
Very fast rom, excellent job. My only problem is that this rom is a memory hog, i run out of ram very easily. I have a sprint touch pro.

Memory hog on a Sprint TP you must be joking. What ROM you on?

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

are we supposed to guess which version you are running? or are you simply stating this for your own health? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbradthomas (Post 1592333)
Sharkie pointed me to this registry setting. I then created a regedit in kitchen and cooked it in. Work great.

To have the settings icon on your start menu:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]
"HideSettings"=dword:0

& thanks alot man

RyanMayo 02-26-2010 11:46 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown
Quote:

are we supposed to guess which version you are running? or are you simply stating this for your own health? lol

Quote:

Sharkie pointed me to this registry setting. I then created a regedit in kitchen and cooked it in. Work great.

& thanks alot man

Drew - where is that reg entry located so I can change the setting?

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 11:50 AM

right there ^. its currently set with a 1, change it to 0

rootlinux 02-26-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

I have that edit cooked in. :)

tb5... 02-26-2010 11:53 AM

ahhhh a new rom... feels good...

flashed the xxxslim seems to be working nicely

lol is this the re organized start menu you were talking about?
id hate to see your desk at work root!! :)

thanks man

still hoping for a 21xxx build 2012 or whatever ... :\

EDIT: ANYONE TRY COOKIE ON THIS ROM?

I CAN'T LIVE WITH 6 SHORTCUTS! HAHA

rootlinux 02-26-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb5... (Post 1592608)
ahhhh a new rom... feels good...

flashed the xxxslim seems to be working nicely

lol is this the re organized start menu you were talking about?
id hate to see your desk at work root!! :)

thanks man

still hoping for a 21xxx build 2012 or whatever ... :\

I had it organized really nice till the new build added more icons. LOL
Will have to prganize them more.
Did not have the time that I wanted because I wanted to release it. :)
There will be an update my friend. :)

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1592607)

its not holding then root. i just manually changed it after flashing & now it shows the settings button. i'm using dark & slim both on 2 devices, each needed fixed.

Terencec 02-26-2010 12:06 PM

Should we wait for a fixed up rom or just go ahead and pop that regedit in there.

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terencec (Post 1592634)
Should we wait for a fixed up rom or just go ahead and pop that regedit in there.

it takes 10 seconds to make the regedit, you really wanna reflash just for that? my $0.02 will be to make the regedit yourself

Jbradthomas 02-26-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1592607)

Soory Root. I 'am using 23518 and for some reason had to move all start menu regedits to last EXT for it to work.

RyanMayo 02-26-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1592603)

right there ^. its currently set with a 1, change it to 0

lol, when i read the fix, i was on ppcgeeks with my device and did not see the entire string, only saw the value to change. haha. now im on my pc and can see it. thanks anyway brudda!

Terencec 02-26-2010 12:29 PM

No rush at all on the chef. I popped in that regedit.
But when is the approx time of arrival on the update ;)

tb5... 02-26-2010 12:33 PM

That regedit worked great after a soft reset...

When i hold down power is psshutxp supposed to load up? Cause it doesn't
i see the icon there tho

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb5... (Post 1592705)
That regedit worked great after a soft reset...

When i hold down power is psshutxp supposed to load up? Cause it doesn't
i see the icon there tho

might just need activating? try & use it once to see if it takes over

tb5... 02-26-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1592710)
might just need activating? Try & use it once to see if it takes over

yea tried that... No luck

are you or others having this issue?

And

"edit: Anyone try cookie on this rom?

I can't live with 6 shortcuts! Ha"

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb5... (Post 1592790)

And

i actually prefer slide2shutdown attached to power key, easy cab install.

i will be trying cookies home tab mod here soon, i tested it on the last rom right before this & worked great.

jspenc3 02-26-2010 01:04 PM

How do I turn off word suggestion with the soft keyboard? I tried to find the setting app and it isn't apparent in the menus. There also doesn't seem to be the "configure soft keyboard" icon anywhere on the soft keyboard when it's onscreen (other soft keyboards I've used had one).

Batman 02-26-2010 01:06 PM

i vote for a 6.5 rom!

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspenc3 (Post 1592796)
How do I turn off word suggestion with the soft keyboard? I tried to find the setting app and it isn't apparent in the menus. There also doesn't seem to be the "configure soft keyboard" icon anywhere on the soft keyboard when it's onscreen (other soft keyboards I've used had one).

change the little icon from XT9 to ABC on left 3rd from bottom

fiyah 02-26-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb5... (Post 1592790)

And

I have the same power button "issue". I guess we could just get AE button or something to re-assign it? Not a big deal either way.

fiyah 02-26-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1592794)
i actually prefer slide2shutdown attached to power key, easy cab install.

Got cab?

techmonkie 02-26-2010 01:17 PM

I may be the exception and not the rule on this one, but I've had NOTHING but problems with this ROM. I've had some instances where the ROM will crash so hard that I have to soft reset it multiple times to even get it to come back up, and when it does, it goes through the initial configuration. Then it crashes AGAIN during the intial config so hard that I have to go through the reset dance again.

I think this is probably one of the slickest and most awesome looking ROMs I've seen yet for the TP, but from a stability standpoint, it has by far been the worst experience I've had yet. I ended up getting lost in downtown Richmond last night because my phone crashed and I wasn't even able to hard reset it to get it back into a workable enough state to use GPS.

9/10 on looks, 2/10 on stability.

botnryan 02-26-2010 01:23 PM

Ive had no such problems. Working great :D Only thing that happened to me was i had Live Messenger running and opened up Youtube app and it ran out of mem almost. but thats pushing it anyway lol.

I also had a music tab issue. i would press play on a song and it wouldnt do anything, continued messing around with the phone and about 2 minutes later the song randomly started playing while i wasnt even on the music tab anymore.

rootlinux 02-26-2010 01:33 PM

If you guys will close the task manager on the right of the taskbar you will find all program launcher is in the same spot.
No real need for more shortcuts.
The ask manager is on the first page there to launch again.
Switch between the two very easily.

tb5... 02-26-2010 01:41 PM

Oh cool a task manager... Top right you say...

*presses*

:( it flashes and goes away... And the other taskbar drop down comes up

botnryan 02-26-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb5... (Post 1592936)
Oh cool a task manager... Top right you say...

*presses*

:( it flashes and goes away... And the other taskbar drop down comes up

Ive found if you press the taskbar first, then the top right task manager area, it works. and he means the top left task manager, ark switch, you can close it and then hit the top left and it will open all programs.

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiyah (Post 1592813)
Got cab?

your wish is my command

btw imo the cool taskmanager is top left > arkswitch. root included the newest build, it works great

tb5... 02-26-2010 01:49 PM

Ohhhhhhhh i was wondering what arkswitch was sick program... Thanks guys

made this rom that much better!

90mb free... I cant hate that either!

jspenc3 02-26-2010 02:03 PM

Thanks for the post drdrewdown. I did try that but before it didn't seem to do anything, and then it just went right back to XT9 the next time I opened a chat. I just tried it again and this time it DID turn off the text suggestions, but when I left and came back it was back to XT9. How do I switch to ABC mode forever (the goal is to turn off the text suggestions)?

Also, is there a setup program somewhere for the default soft keyboard?

My favorite soft keyboard is fingerboard (or something like that, it was in RaidZero's roms) and that had an entry in the Settings menu (I think) to adjust various settings. What is the default soft keyboard in this rom called?

money711 02-26-2010 02:04 PM

Is there a built in regedit tool or do i need to download one myself?

Also has anyone gotten marketplace to work? I keep getting it is looking for updates then it says cannot connect, but my internet is working.

I am running xxxdarkroot 2/25

Thanks!

jspenc3 02-26-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1593035)
Is there a built in regedit tool or do i need to download one myself?

Also has anyone gotten marketplace to work? I keep getting it is looking for updates then it says cannot connect, but my internet is working.

Thanks!

Use Tools->Total Commander (select Plugins, registry from the top area).

tb5... 02-26-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1593035)
is there a built in regedit tool or do i need to download one myself?

I am running xxxdarkroot 2/25

thanks!

total commander

in the address bar type 3 \'s

\\\

then enter

you will see regestry.

tsperez 02-26-2010 02:33 PM

Are XXXRootROM and XXXSlimROM at the same level except for Slim having less programs cooked in?

TIA,
tsp
PS: I'm on the prior XXXDark but my old eyes cannot see the letters on the phone pad in daylight. I want to switch to one of the above.

money711 02-26-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 1593136)
Are XXXRootROM and XXXSlimROM at the same level except for Slim having less programs cooked in?

TIA,
tsp
PS: I'm on the prior XXXDark but my old eyes cannot see the letters on the phone pad in daylight. I want to switch to one of the above.

I think alot of people are still playing with their devices as someone usually would have posted something by now. I only use xxxdarkroot so i can't be of any assistance to your question but i do think that slim root has the most memory available and it should go the fastest if i am not mistaking don't quote me on that.

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 1593136)

TIA,
tsp

yes i would say that is a correct statement