PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407)

rootlinux 02-26-2010 03:35 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Task Manger 3.1 is also cooked in and has a great reg editor.

fiyah 02-26-2010 03:40 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspenc3 (Post 1593031)
Thanks for the post drdrewdown. I did try that but before it didn't seem to do anything, and then it just went right back to XT9 the next time I opened a chat. I just tried it again and this time it DID turn off the text suggestions, but when I left and came back it was back to XT9. How do I switch to ABC mode forever (the goal is to turn off the text suggestions)?

It would seem thats been an issue with the EZ input keyboard for like forever. One work around I have found that works is to switch to normal ABC mode and then switch to 12# mode and back again. ABC mode shound now be permanent.

money711 02-26-2010 03:44 PM

Is anyone having problems with data connections i can't connect to anything?

Marketplace
Opera
Weather
Stocks

All saying can not connect any help or should i reflash?

Running xxxdark 2/25
Thanks!

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1593322)
Is anyone having problems with data connections i can't connect to anything?

Marketplace
Opera
Weather
Stocks

All saying can not connect any help or should i reflash?

Running xxxdark 2/25
Thanks!

my data connection is working just fine, however i cannot get marketplace to load. even re-installed from a .cab file too with no luck.

opera, skyfire, weather & stocks work great. including everything else but marketplace

is your data connection enabled in commgr?

this rom is exactly what i needed. super awesome. major props to RootLinux, you da man

money711 02-26-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1593341)
my data connection is working just fine, however i cannot get marketplace to load. even re-installed from a .cab file too with no luck.

opera, skyfire, weather & stocks work great. including everything else but marketplace

is your data connection enabled in commgr?

Yes it is on and it is even showing that it is on in the taskbar at the top.

It blinks a couple times when trying to connect but it is showing its on until after 3 attempts it looks like then flashes to non data symbol then get the pop up message to check data connection settings.

been driving me nuts since 11:00 am it is now 2:00 pm

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1593353)
Yes it is on and it is even showing that it is on in the taskbar at the top.

It blinks a couple times when trying to connect but it is showing its on until after 3 attempts it looks like then flashes to non data symbol then get the pop up message to check data connection settings.

been driving me nuts since 11:00 am it is now 2:00 pm

wild shot but you might try to "update profile" & see if that gets you anywhere. have you tried disabling data connection & re-enabling it?

fyi, i'm using the same exact rom but i have sprint

jspenc3 02-26-2010 04:02 PM

That seems to have worked. Hopefully it will stay that way...

money711 02-26-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1593357)
wild shot but you might try to "update profile" & see if that gets you anywhere. have you tried disabling data connection & re-enabling it?

fyi, i'm using the same exact rom but i have sprint

What is update profile and weather updated once after soft reset and email for gmail came through still no marketplace. I wonder what the problem could be with marketplace i need it for windows live.

tsperez 02-26-2010 05:04 PM

All networked functions work on DarkROM but Marketplace does not. Seems to be a problem with M/P not the ROM.

tsp

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1593379)
What is update profile and weather updated once after soft reset and email for gmail came through still no marketplace. I wonder what the problem could be with marketplace i need it for windows live.

money711 02-26-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 1593505)
All networked functions work on DarkROM but Marketplace does not. Seems to be a problem with M/P not the ROM.

tsp

But marketplace was working on the last build and also i downloaded a cab file and installed it and still nothing.

rkclark 02-26-2010 05:16 PM

this fixed marketplace for me

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Versions and change Aku to .5.3.00

money711 02-26-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkclark (Post 1593524)

Thanks! I am so curious as to how did you know that would work? Did you look at it in a previous build or something or are you just a genious?=D>

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

wow very nice. thanks a lot

rkclark 02-26-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1593585)
Thanks! I am so curious as to how did you know that would work? Did you look at it in a previous build or something or are you just a genious?=D>

I will leave the Genius status to root for all the work and creativity he has on building these amazing roms. I just used google and found this issue already blogged about last year. I presume the new build changed some of the reg keys root was modifying but cannot speak for the cook.

RyanMayo 02-26-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

good find homie. dont know how you knew, but it worked! Thanks.

money711 02-26-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkclark (Post 1593600)
I will leave the Genius status to root for all the work and creativity he has on building these amazing roms. I just used google and found this issue already blogged about last year. I presume the new build changed some of the reg keys root was modifying but cannot speak for the cook.

Yes i agree Root is a genious no doubt about it.

Thanks for the find

Root Thanks for the amazing ROMs as usual.

1sae 02-26-2010 06:35 PM

XXXSlimRoot = Best Rom I've ever used!!

Just a question, in the startup folder, what does the Autodataconfig do? If I remove it, does it boot up faster, or freeup any memory?

money711 02-26-2010 06:37 PM

Is there a way to disable the cannot connect pop up message?

1sae 02-26-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspenc3 (Post 1593031)
Thanks for the post drdrewdown. I did try that but before it didn't seem to do anything, and then it just went right back to XT9 the next time I opened a chat. I just tried it again and this time it DID turn off the text suggestions, but when I left and came back it was back to XT9. How do I switch to ABC mode forever (the goal is to turn off the text suggestions)?

Also, is there a setup program somewhere for the default soft keyboard?

My favorite soft keyboard is fingerboard (or something like that, it was in RaidZero's roms) and that had an entry in the Settings menu (I think) to adjust various settings. What is the default soft keyboard in this rom called?

Ya I hate that too. What I found that works for me is you have to use the slide out keyboard, and hit FN the space (T9), and if you set it there to ABC it stays on the soft keyboard as well.

iknowsquat 02-26-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkclark (Post 1593600)

STFU! You mean you can actually SEARCH for answers to problems?
To quote some famous beer Dudes: BRILLIANT!
:grin:
Thanks Bro.

root-XXXDark is killin' it Bro!
On top of everything else, insane battery life too!
Muchos gracias!

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winmonewbie (Post 1593710)
STFU! You mean you can actually SEARCH for answers to problems?
To quote some famous beer Dudes: BRILLIANT!
:grin:
Thanks Bro.

root-XXXDark is killin' it Bro!
On top of everything else, insane battery life too!
Muchos gracias!

i disagree with your battery life statement. ever since flashing i cant put the device down & my battery isn't lasting very long :D

sstor792 02-26-2010 06:46 PM

first of all this rom is awesome thanks Root:headbang: This rom is the fastest ive ever seen!!

Does anybody know how to get the 3 row start menu back?? I liked the bigger icons better.

drdrewdown 02-26-2010 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sstor792 (Post 1593721)
first of all this rom is awesome thanks Root:headbang: This rom is the fastest ive ever seen!!

Does anybody know how to get the 3 row start menu back?? I liked the bigger icons better.

install a 3-row start menu cab

sstor792 02-26-2010 06:58 PM

has anyone tried max manila on this new rom (xxxrootrom) yet? does it actually work?

Terencec 02-26-2010 07:36 PM

Did not work at all. :(

wiskydiver1 02-26-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1593713)
i disagree with your battery life statement. ever since flashing i cant put the device down & my battery isn't lasting very long :D

I'm running slim. Put mine down to do some drywall mud n tape work. About 50 minutes or so. and the battery went from 76% to 42%. Sleeping. Nothing running. No calls. No texts. No WiFi. Nada. No clue why. I had INSANE battery life with either SlimRoot21_02032010_21889 or RootRom21_02062010_23518 can't remember which one I was on! Damn! Arrgghh! Gonna go back, unless one of those is about to be updated too...

wiskydiver1 02-26-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 (Post 1593963)
SlimRoot21_02032010_21889

That's the one. I remember 'cause it was a start menu on top that worked very well with SPB Shell. If the shell went wacky, I had instant access to the start menu. And with moderate use I was getting a full day (for me that's 14-16 hours) and plugging it in at night with 30-40% left.

botnryan 02-26-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 (Post 1593963)
I'm running slim. Put mine down to do some drywall mud n tape work. About 50 minutes or so. and the battery went from 76% to 42%. Sleeping. Nothing running. No calls. No texts. No WiFi. Nada. No clue why. I had INSANE battery life with either SlimRoot21_02032010_21889 or RootRom21_02062010_23518 can't remember which one I was on! Damn! Arrgghh! Gonna go back, unless one of those is about to be updated too...

I have the same problem!! As long as the phone doesnt sleep the battery lasts FOREVER. goes into sleep and battery drains like a percent a minute. doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Also it seems if its plugged up to the computer it charges amazingly slow compared to wall unit, but that might just be normal, ignore that statement if its just my noob factor showing :P Im going to attempt making it never shut off 'after a certain amount of time' and see if that is actually what is happening.

dacib 02-26-2010 09:21 PM

I am running RootRom022510 and my battery life is fine. This rom is very fast.
Thank you Root.

M3shuggah 02-27-2010 12:12 AM

How are things going in Windows Mobile land? Palm Pre is treating me rather nicely, although there is all this crazy shit going on about webOS 1.4. I have to admit though, all this talk about it, even has me ready to grab it.

Almost as cool as these ROM's are. :)....Almost!

I'd say so far webOS is insanely awesome though. The only thing I wish it had was more customization of the notifications sounds. Windows Mobile has roughly 30, and this thing has 2, lol. Quite odd, but other than that, no complaints whatsoever for the OS itself.

Kinda wish webOS could/would run on the HTC Touch Pro. I can only imagine how badass it would be.

iknowsquat 02-27-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kski71 (Post 1592454)
Any answers as to why the music tab boinks out? Plays for 2 min. and then that circle appears like its regrouping my music then nothing. I am using latest xxxRootRom.

Music seems fine on XXXDark. I dont see any other posts on the issue so it would appear it's an isolated incident. Assuming your music is on your SD card--> Just a guess but there could be a corrupted file on your SD card? May not necessarily be a music file.

Try this test-pull your card, load a single MP3 to the device. Does it play?
If yes, then delete and put the file on your card. Does it play?
Playing on the device but not with the card would point the finger at the card-obviously.
If you cant play on the device then it may require a re-flash or even flash to stock and back.
If it seems to be your card reformatting it may help.
Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techmonkie (Post 1592833)
I may be the exception and not the rule on this one, but I've had NOTHING but problems with this ROM. I've had some instances where the ROM will crash so hard that I have to soft reset it multiple times to even get it to come back up, and when it does, it goes through the initial configuration. Then it crashes AGAIN during the intial config so hard that I have to go through the reset dance again.

I think this is probably one of the slickest and most awesome looking ROMs I've seen yet for the TP, but from a stability standpoint, it has by far been the worst experience I've had yet. I ended up getting lost in downtown Richmond last night because my phone crashed and I wasn't even able to hard reset it to get it back into a workable enough state to use GPS.

9/10 on looks, 2/10 on stability.

Have you searched the thread? This is one of the most rock solid, stable ROMS ever cooked. IMO you are describing classic signs of a bad flash. Start over. Two options:
1) Simply re-flash. May take care of it.
2) (Better choice IMO) Flash to Stock ROM and then back to root. That will greatly increase the likelihood of a successful flash.

:scratch::scratch:
I really dont understand the ROM requests and the "when's the next update" questions.
root has been a cooking machine from the get-go and CONSTANTLY updates.

I just Thank him and chill :rr:
Of course...not for long cuz the next one is coming down the pike any second :evil4:

root-gee-ZUS Bro, left the charger @ 7AM and finally hit 20% batt life around 11 PM!! Granted, a bit of a lighter use day but STILL, that's craziness :geek:

botnryan 02-27-2010 02:13 AM

well with the sleep mode turned off the battery is lasting considerably longer. got it charged to 100% around 7ish tonight, unplugged it, been using it with WiFi til i can get data working (not rom related), been texting regularly, a little facebook. Did the usual quick drop from 100 to 90ish. then slowly drained thru the 90s and 80s. went from 75ish to 60ish pretty quickly, then is holding steady at 54 right now. its 12:15 my time so that would make 5 hours and used up 46%? Lookin good now. Just wonder why battery drains so damn fast with sleep on. I went to work today (worked 4 hours) when i set my phone down before work it was on 85%, when i picked it up after work it was on 13% (this was before i turned sleep off)

EDIT:
uhh...just had to soft reset cause i hit the wrong button on the keyboard and the FN light got stuck on...and when it came back the battery was at 30% :\ gonna try a reflash, but someone else said they had a similar problem earlier in the thread too so :\

btw im on the newest RootRom still.

Edit again:
somethings def screwy with the battery thing
Pre reflash battery: 54%
Post flash dance: 75%
?!

tatoniss 02-27-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_jaycee (Post 1592557)
Memory hog on a Sprint TP you must be joking. What ROM you on?

sorry Im running XXXRootRomLS_02252009_23540

It seems to have gotten better after using it for a while but most of the time after a soft reset i have 50 to 60 megabytes free.

when i first flashed it was more like 45 megabytes, but it is still one of the best roms i have ever used.

dacib 02-27-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatoniss (Post 1594885)
sorry Im running XXXRootRomLS_02252009_23540

It seems to have gotten better after using it for a while but most of the time after a soft reset i have 50 to 60 megabytes free.

when i first flashed it was more like 45 megabytes, but it is still one of the best roms i have ever used.

Have you flashed the stock Rom first? I've been using XXXRootRom0225 for almost 2 days and I don't have any of the problems listed here. Battery is fine, music is playing fine... I didn't do a soft reset in almost 24 hours and I have 71megs free mem.
I usually flash the Stock ROM first, do hard reset on the Stock Rom and then flash the RootRom and do another hardreset.

dancrosoft 02-27-2010 10:19 AM

Does anyone know how to turn off the vibrate when touched in the LiteRoot rom? I cannot find it anywhere...

rootlinux 02-27-2010 10:34 AM

Settings Touch Responce

dancrosoft 02-27-2010 11:00 AM

That is what has me confused... There is not a settings folder in Start Menu.

XXXRootRomLS WWE is the rom that I am using.

iknowsquat 02-27-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancrosoft (Post 1595154)
That is what has me confused... There is not a settings folder in Start Menu.

XXXRootRomLS WWE is the rom that I am using.

Two options:
Go to Settings Tab in Sense-Menu/All Settings

OR

This reg edit that was posted yesterday AM will put the Settings folder back on the Start Menu:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3840

Either way, then go to System/Touch Response Settings

kski71 02-27-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winmonewbie (Post 1594621)
Music seems fine on XXXDark. I dont see any other posts on the issue so it would appear it's an isolated incident. Assuming your music is on your SD card--> Just a guess but there could be a corrupted file on your SD card? May not necessarily be a music file.

Try this test-pull your card, load a single MP3 to the device. Does it play?
If yes, then delete and put the file on your card. Does it play?
Playing on the device but not with the card would point the finger at the card-obviously.
If you cant play on the device then it may require a re-flash or even flash to stock and back.
If it seems to be your card reformatting it may help.
Good luck.

Have you searched the thread? This is one of the most rock solid, stable ROMS ever cooked. IMO you are describing classic signs of a bad flash. Start over. Two options:
1) Simply re-flash. May take care of it.
2) (Better choice IMO) Flash to Stock ROM and then back to root. That will greatly increase the likelihood of a successful flash.

:scratch::scratch:
I really dont understand the ROM requests and the "when's the next update" questions.
root has been a cooking machine from the get-go and CONSTANTLY updates.

I just Thank him and chill :rr:
Of course...not for long cuz the next one is coming down the pike any second :evil4:

root-gee-ZUS Bro, left the charger @ 7AM and finally hit 20% batt life around 11 PM!! Granted, a bit of a lighter use day but STILL, that's craziness :geek:

Thanks winmo, will try that. Sorry didnt mention this before but it only happens with the Manila player. Winows media and s2p work perfectly, and I do flashdance.

iknowsquat 02-27-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kski71 (Post 1595199)
Thanks winmo, will try that. Sorry didnt mention this before but it only happens with the Manila player. Winows media and s2p work perfectly, and I do flashdance.

Yup, that's the one I tested, just tried it again and all still seems fine. Played through one song (4:11) and transitioned perfectly to the next. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. At least you do have some other media player options.