PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407)

the-wrangler 03-01-2010 06:57 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanMayo (Post 1600199)
I have been running the 0225 XXXSlimRootLS now since the first hour of its release. So far, everything works perfectly except, on occasion, when I try to answer a call with the slider, it won't answer. It just "bounces" back to the center when I swipe left to answer. But it's only sometimes, no biggie. Hard button works fine. Root has an amazing, FAST, STABLE ROM here. If any are hesitant to flash it, don't be. You will not be disappointed. I have not tried to send a picture mail (MMS) and I haven't had to receive one yet, so I don't KNOW if that works, but I'm pretty sure it will. Root is on top of that "complaint" all the time... Great work Root! Make sure you DONATE to this man, he deserves it more than most.

ahh good call bud..i had the bouncy dialer thing yesterday..yep the hard button still works if that ever happens so no worries

juicy.cook 03-01-2010 07:22 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

so far so good. 45% left on the xxxroot2.5. 12 hours with average use (about 60 minutes of data and some phone calls, heavy texting).

and i have a stock batt.

rootlinux 03-01-2010 08:29 PM

Those are pretty good numbers.

1sae 03-01-2010 08:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1599707)
this was good information dude. to anyone else not wanting to see the double scroll bars in the windows style messaging, simply do what he says.

the file is located in the windows dir & is called thread_style.css, open & change threadbottom height to 83 where default value is 80. worked instantly, no soft reset needed

Ya, I've been pulling my hair out with problems from that xda thread and some of the cabs they've posted (not showing MMS, alignment getting thrown off by switching to landscape...).

I went ahead and reworked one of their posted cabs to work on my phone and added a few of my own style tweaks. Thought I'd share it here:

drdrewdown 03-01-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1600452)
Ya, I've been pulling my hair out with problems from that xda thread and some of the cabs they've posted (not showing MMS, alignment getting thrown off by switching to landscape...).

I went ahead and reworked one of their posted cabs to work on my phone. Thought I'd share it here:

very slick man, i may have to check this one out

LayLay 03-01-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdrewdown (Post 1599424)
what file is it saying has a trojan?

Alight here is what AVG virus found Trojan horse generic 16.BZZO

LayLay 03-01-2010 09:16 PM

So now I'm in the process of unistalling AVG and installing AVAST per Root suggestion, I'll let ya know what happens.

DaveTN 03-01-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winmonewbie (Post 1599971)
:thumbleft: Schweet! Glad you got it!

My camera is fine on XXXDark...of course when I try a self portrait I get a Error566: Subject Too Fugly but besides that it's fine.

Hmm, thats wweird. When I take a self portrait I get a different error.

Error: ID-10t

gonna have to figure that one out. must be user related.

David

gimme5 03-01-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

I went ahead and reworked one of their posted cabs to work on my phone and added a few of my own style tweaks. Thought I'd share it here:

Nice!

LayLay 03-01-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 1600565)
Hmm, thats wweird. When I take a self portrait I get a different error.

Error: ID-10t

gonna have to figure that one out. must be user related.

David

LMAO!!! I believe that is a user error!:evil4:

sipple31 03-01-2010 10:04 PM

I just thought i'd share what i've got goin' with iRoot. I'm pretty satisfied... battery life is nothing to write home about... but i'm new to Root's stuff.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_obTK4UolmtY/S4...g/Screen01.png

Thanks Root!

thunderx2000 03-01-2010 10:27 PM

I would like to believe that whoever created MaxManila had good intentions when creating buuuut... apparently this person doesn't know how to tell time with an analog clock. Case in point, 2 clocks on the home screen 1 digital and 1 analog if you don't know how to tell time on an analog clock, you have failed yourself severely. I learned to read an analog clock in 3rd grade so if you don't know how to read an analog clock you need to go back to 3rd grade.

rootlinux 03-01-2010 11:13 PM

Dual clocks work fine on DarkRoot.
I am pretty sure the analog clock time is controlled by the os.
Max just created a skin for the os to use.
I am not aware that there is any code in Max to alter the time that way.
I have created a few simple analog clocks before and the os controled the time.

gimme5 03-01-2010 11:39 PM

I don't think he means that the analog time is wrong. I think thunderx2000's point is that there's no need for dual clocks, if you can't tell the time with an analog clock only, then you're not so bright.

I never understood the purpose of the dual clocks myself. I guess it's just for looks.

drdrewdown 03-01-2010 11:57 PM

yea i understood it to be a pointless rant nobody cared to see or hear about lol

rootlinux 03-02-2010 12:14 AM

I actually love the dual clocks on the home screen for DarkRoot. :)
But I also loved having a corner clock on TF3D2.1.
I like having a smaller clock there.

rootlinux 03-02-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sipple31 (Post 1600645)
I just thought i'd share what i've got goin' with iRoot. I'm pretty satisfied... battery life is nothing to write home about... but i'm new to Root's stuff.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_obTK4UolmtY/S4...g/Screen01.png

Thanks Root!

You are welcome my friend.

Systom 03-02-2010 01:46 AM

Alright, I'm gonna flashdance XXXDarkRoot again and see if the problem still exists with the camera stuff, will keep everyone posted.

wrstlngstud145 03-02-2010 01:48 AM

ok so i am running the DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot combo rom on uscc and i have tried to send and receive mms and neither of them work, they say they send but it has been a couple days now since i sent them and the receiver doesnt have them and when i attempt to receive them it says it cannot be downloaded...

I have gone into mms options and tried all of the provided servers and all of them show the same results

Can someone please help me with this problem

Systom 03-02-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Also this looks like a sweet skin, anyone know how I can install this without screwing up MMS? Or how to install it and fix the MMS?

Systom 03-02-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systom (Post 1601038)
Alright, I'm gonna flashdance XXXDarkRoot again and see if the problem still exists with the camera stuff, will keep everyone posted.

Nope, still same camera problems, crap.

snipper_cr 03-02-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrstlngstud145 (Post 1601040)
ok so i am running the DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot combo rom on uscc and i have tried to send and receive mms and neither of them work, they say they send but it has been a couple days now since i sent them and the receiver doesnt have them and when i attempt to receive them it says it cannot be downloaded...

I have gone into mms options and tried all of the provided servers and all of them show the same results

Can someone please help me with this problem

Well I am on USCC as well and just about an hour ago received a mms (i dont use them all that often) and it worked fine. I havent tried sending any so I am not sure. Maybe it was a bad flash?

rootlinux 03-02-2010 03:05 AM

NEW DarkRoot uploading now.

Does not contain FULL Dusk theme this time.
Wallpaper issues with being cut off are not in this rom.
It is a very clean looking, sexy rom.
Super fast.

Wallpapers pictured in the screenshots are located in the wallpaper folder in the rom.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...creen021-7.png

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...creen011-9.png

1sae 03-02-2010 03:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Systom (Post 1601073)
Also this looks like a sweet skin, anyone know how I can install this without screwing up MMS? Or how to install it and fix the MMS?

That's part of what I fixed. MMS should work fine (or at least the way standard MMS does.) Give it a shot you can always uninstall it.

Systom 03-02-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1601146)
That's part of what I fixed. MMS should work fine (or at least the way standard MMS does.) Give it a shot you can always uninstall it.

It shows up inside of the text when I send out, but when others send me an MMS, it doesn't show up inside of the same text box, instead it goes into it's own text box with the same number and everything and asks if you want to download it, and it won't download it. Same problem I had with other skins as well, installing over Root's roms of course. Care to verify if this problem exists or if it's just me?

rootlinux 03-02-2010 03:35 AM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 02 2

Have you selected you carrier in message options?
There should not be any problems with sms or mms.

Systom 03-02-2010 03:48 AM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 02 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1601157)
Have you selected you carrier in message options?
There should not be any problems with sms or mms.

How do I reach this menu exactly? Yeah, the normal rootrom's MMS/SMS work great, but after installing the skins is where I have the problems I typed about--but it could be because of this carrier option, so I'll try that once I find it. Great work by the way, awaiting the new XXXDarkRoot, hoping it fixes my weird camera issues though.

rootlinux 03-02-2010 03:53 AM

I have not had any camera issues.
Will try to check it more and see if I can create any. lol

Systom 03-02-2010 06:34 AM

Still can't find this messaging options with the carrier change for the life of me(I go to the messaging tab/menu button/options/I see accounts/messaging/storage card=???,) even searched this thread for "carrier" and no explanations anywhere.

1sae 03-02-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systom (Post 1601151)
It shows up inside of the text when I send out, but when others send me an MMS, it doesn't show up inside of the same text box, instead it goes into it's own text box with the same number and everything and asks if you want to download it, and it won't download it. Same problem I had with other skins as well, installing over Root's roms of course. Care to verify if this problem exists or if it's just me?

Just tested again, and it's working fine for me. Did you install the arcsoft cab (Sprint MMS)? Not sure if Root cooked it in. I think this is the one I use.

What exactly are you seeing? I'm not sure what you mean by 'It's won text box' Outgoing is blue, incoming green. You should see an orange and blue icon with a blue box around it. When you click it it should load the mms (assuming it's been downloaded). If it hasn't downloaded, it's a data issue, not the skin.

Systom 03-02-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1601259)
Just tested again, and it's working fine for me. Did you install the arcsoft cab (Sprint MMS)? Not sure if Root cooked it in. I think this is the one I use.

What exactly are you seeing? I'm not sure what you mean by 'It's won text box' Outgoing is blue, incoming green. You should see an orange and blue icon with a blue box around it. When you click it it should load the mms (assuming it's been downloaded). If it hasn't downloaded, it's a data issue, not the skin.

After reflashing a few times over to check out camera issues, I re-tried the cab and it's working fine now, so my apologies on that end, dunno what the hell was up with it before.

Also to note, still having the same camera issues even on the latest XXXDarkroot--I dunno what it could be, but while on the stock sprint rom, the camera works just fine. Gonna see if I can get screen shots of when it's not just completely black.

EDIT: This is basically what I see, if it's not entirely blacked out, you see the focus bars, and usually it's squared right around the green bars with what the camera's seeing, THAT small and just that one tiny part. For some reason the screen shot didn't capture that though, just the cursor like so;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Screen03-1.png

RyanMayo 03-02-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systom (Post 1601278)
After reflashing a few times over to check out camera issues, I re-tried the cab and it's working fine now, so my apologies on that end, dunno what the hell was up with it before.

Also to note, still having the same camera issues even on the latest XXXDarkroot--I dunno what it could be, but while on the stock sprint rom, the camera works just fine. Gonna see if I can get screen shots of when it's not just completely black.

EDIT: This is basically what I see, if it's not entirely blacked out, you see the focus bars, and usually it's squared right around the green bars with what the camera's seeing, THAT small and just that one tiny part. For some reason the screen shot didn't capture that though, just the cursor like so;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Screen03-1.png

same issue here with the camera on the Mar 02 Dark...

gimme5 03-02-2010 10:13 AM

Does the problem go away if you touch the screen? For me, it does, if I touch the center of the D-pad and then touch the screen, it's fine.

rootlinux 03-02-2010 10:22 AM

Not sure what the problem is.
Camera works perfect here everytime

rootlinux 03-02-2010 10:32 AM

Arcsoft is cooked in with carrier support for all carriers already.
There should be no need to remove and install carriers again.
It has been tested by many.
Works perfect for me on Sprint.

rootlinux 03-02-2010 10:46 AM

This is the only way I can get a black screen in the camera.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t.../IMAG00671.jpg

LOL

gimme5 03-02-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1601363)
Not sure what the problem is.
Camera works perfect here everytime

Ok, I just noticed this: It probably has something to do with the accelerometer. If I start the camera in portrait mode and I keep my phone in portrait, no problem. If I start the camera with the phone in landscape mode, then my screen is black.

gimme5 03-02-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1601402)
This is the only way I can get a black screen in the camera.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t.../IMAG00671.jpg

LOL

haha...see? I knew it, you take your pictures in portrait mode.

rootlinux 03-02-2010 11:00 AM

So are you sliding the kb or just tilting the device?
Just tried with device tilted then hit camera and it worked fine as well. Have you tried opening the camera in portrait and then tilting as well?

gimme5 03-02-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1601434)
So are you sliding the kb or just tilting the device?
Just tried with device tilted then hit camera and it worked fine as well. Have you tried opening the camera in portrait and then tilting as well?

Just tilting it. It works fine if I open it in portrait, let the preview load, and then I put it in landscape.

Maybe I should make a quick vid.