PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kski71 View Post
Any answers as to why the music tab boinks out? Plays for 2 min. and then that circle appears like its regrouping my music then nothing. I am using latest xxxRootRom.
Music seems fine on XXXDark. I dont see any other posts on the issue so it would appear it's an isolated incident. Assuming your music is on your SD card--> Just a guess but there could be a corrupted file on your SD card? May not necessarily be a music file.

Try this test-pull your card, load a single MP3 to the device. Does it play?
If yes, then delete and put the file on your card. Does it play?
Playing on the device but not with the card would point the finger at the card-obviously.
If you cant play on the device then it may require a re-flash or even flash to stock and back.
If it seems to be your card reformatting it may help.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmonkie View Post
I may be the exception and not the rule on this one, but I've had NOTHING but problems with this ROM. I've had some instances where the ROM will crash so hard that I have to soft reset it multiple times to even get it to come back up, and when it does, it goes through the initial configuration. Then it crashes AGAIN during the intial config so hard that I have to go through the reset dance again.

I think this is probably one of the slickest and most awesome looking ROMs I've seen yet for the TP, but from a stability standpoint, it has by far been the worst experience I've had yet. I ended up getting lost in downtown Richmond last night because my phone crashed and I wasn't even able to hard reset it to get it back into a workable enough state to use GPS.

9/10 on looks, 2/10 on stability.
Have you searched the thread? This is one of the most rock solid, stable ROMS ever cooked. IMO you are describing classic signs of a bad flash. Start over. Two options:
1) Simply re-flash. May take care of it.
2) (Better choice IMO) Flash to Stock ROM and then back to root. That will greatly increase the likelihood of a successful flash.

I really dont understand the ROM requests and the "when's the next update" questions.
root has been a cooking machine from the get-go and CONSTANTLY updates.

I just Thank him and chill
Of course...not for long cuz the next one is coming down the pike any second

root-gee-ZUS Bro, left the charger @ 7AM and finally hit 20% batt life around 11 PM!! Granted, a bit of a lighter use day but STILL, that's craziness
Old 02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Feb 22 2

well with the sleep mode turned off the battery is lasting considerably longer. got it charged to 100% around 7ish tonight, unplugged it, been using it with WiFi til i can get data working (not rom related), been texting regularly, a little facebook. Did the usual quick drop from 100 to 90ish. then slowly drained thru the 90s and 80s. went from 75ish to 60ish pretty quickly, then is holding steady at 54 right now. its 12:15 my time so that would make 5 hours and used up 46%? Lookin good now. Just wonder why battery drains so damn fast with sleep on. I went to work today (worked 4 hours) when i set my phone down before work it was on 85%, when i picked it up after work it was on 13% (this was before i turned sleep off)

EDIT:
uhh...just had to soft reset cause i hit the wrong button on the keyboard and the FN light got stuck on...and when it came back the battery was at 30% :\ gonna try a reflash, but someone else said they had a similar problem earlier in the thread too so :\

btw im on the newest RootRom still.

Edit again:
somethings def screwy with the battery thing
Pre reflash battery: 54%
Post flash dance: 75%
?!

Last edited by botnryan; 02-27-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tatoniss is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Memory hog on a Sprint TP you must be joking. What ROM you on?

sorry Im running XXXRootRomLS_02252009_23540

It seems to have gotten better after using it for a while but most of the time after a soft reset i have 50 to 60 megabytes free.

when i first flashed it was more like 45 megabytes, but it is still one of the best roms i have ever used.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dacib is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoniss View Post
sorry Im running XXXRootRomLS_02252009_23540

It seems to have gotten better after using it for a while but most of the time after a soft reset i have 50 to 60 megabytes free.

when i first flashed it was more like 45 megabytes, but it is still one of the best roms i have ever used.
Have you flashed the stock Rom first? I've been using XXXRootRom0225 for almost 2 days and I don't have any of the problems listed here. Battery is fine, music is playing fine... I didn't do a soft reset in almost 24 hours and I have 71megs free mem.
I usually flash the Stock ROM first, do hard reset on the Stock Rom and then flash the RootRom and do another hardreset.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

dancrosoft is a n00b

Does anyone know how to turn off the vibrate when touched in the LiteRoot rom? I cannot find it anywhere...
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Settings Touch Responce
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

dancrosoft is a n00b

That is what has me confused... There is not a settings folder in Start Menu.

XXXRootRomLS WWE is the rom that I am using.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancrosoft View Post
That is what has me confused... There is not a settings folder in Start Menu.

XXXRootRomLS WWE is the rom that I am using.
Two options:
Go to Settings Tab in Sense-Menu/All Settings

OR

This reg edit that was posted yesterday AM will put the Settings folder back on the Start Menu:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3840

Either way, then go to System/Touch Response Settings
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Music seems fine on XXXDark. I dont see any other posts on the issue so it would appear it's an isolated incident. Assuming your music is on your SD card--> Just a guess but there could be a corrupted file on your SD card? May not necessarily be a music file.

Try this test-pull your card, load a single MP3 to the device. Does it play?
If yes, then delete and put the file on your card. Does it play?
Playing on the device but not with the card would point the finger at the card-obviously.
If you cant play on the device then it may require a re-flash or even flash to stock and back.
If it seems to be your card reformatting it may help.
Good luck.

Have you searched the thread? This is one of the most rock solid, stable ROMS ever cooked. IMO you are describing classic signs of a bad flash. Start over. Two options:
1) Simply re-flash. May take care of it.
2) (Better choice IMO) Flash to Stock ROM and then back to root. That will greatly increase the likelihood of a successful flash.

I really dont understand the ROM requests and the "when's the next update" questions.
root has been a cooking machine from the get-go and CONSTANTLY updates.

I just Thank him and chill
Of course...not for long cuz the next one is coming down the pike any second

root-gee-ZUS Bro, left the charger @ 7AM and finally hit 20% batt life around 11 PM!! Granted, a bit of a lighter use day but STILL, that's craziness
Thanks winmo, will try that. Sorry didnt mention this before but it only happens with the Manila player. Winows media and s2p work perfectly, and I do flashdance.

Last edited by kski71; 02-27-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kski71 View Post
Thanks winmo, will try that. Sorry didnt mention this before but it only happens with the Manila player. Winows media and s2p work perfectly, and I do flashdance.
Yup, that's the one I tested, just tried it again and all still seems fine. Played through one song (4:11) and transitioned perfectly to the next. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. At least you do have some other media player options.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium