PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ruiner9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Having some issues with the new MaxDarkRoot rom... it hangs at the "Launching HTC Sense" screen. I wiped the RAM and restarted, and same thing. So I reflashed and restarted and still no go. If I switch to Titanium and reboot, it works fine, but when I try to change back over to Sense 2.5 it hangs at the Launching screen again. Anyone else having an issue like this?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Couple of questions. Im now running MaxRootRom (not the new one yet, the previous one). First, on the apps tab, its not allowing me to remove programs from the quick launch buttons. Second, in my phone settings, network service, my choices are home only, automatic A and auto B. Problem is, when Im set to A or B, it forces roam, even if home area. And of course home only wont allow me to roam. I roam at work, so need both. Im on Sprint if it matters. And lastly, I dont know why, but on the three ROM's Ive tried weather doesnt update like it should (I have it set to 3 hours). I have settings to turn roam guard off, amd to allow. Even in home area though, when I hit update key sometimes it takes an hour, if at all. Its always been flakey for some reason.

Ideas?

edit: It looks like part of my problem is Im not getting a data connection while roaming. Tried Auto A and Auto B which forces roam, and cant browse or open google maps. I'll play with it a little more its probably a setting.

Last edited by blackangst; 02-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I will double check all roms from last night.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiner9 View Post
Having some issues with the new MaxDarkRoot rom... it hangs at the "Launching HTC Sense" screen. I wiped the RAM and restarted, and same thing. So I reflashed and restarted and still no go. If I switch to Titanium and reboot, it works fine, but when I try to change back over to Sense 2.5 it hangs at the Launching screen again. Anyone else having an issue like this?
Same problem. We had the same Issue some Roms behind

Last edited by jdm627; 02-02-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Double checking and cooking updates.
Are there any problems with MaxSilver or the NEW MaxRoot or is it just MaxDark?
My MaxDark here is running perfect but I may have changed something at the last minute before uploading.

Will check here and re-upload with update and todays date.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

MaxSilver with out this settings
Old 02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Will update all three and revert back to Max 2.7 beta to fix that issue.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
Couple of questions. Im now running MaxRootRom (not the new one yet, the previous one). First, on the apps tab, its not allowing me to remove programs from the quick launch buttons. Second, in my phone settings, network service, my choices are home only, automatic A and auto B. Problem is, when Im set to A or B, it forces roam, even if home area. And of course home only wont allow me to roam. I roam at work, so need both. Im on Sprint if it matters. And lastly, I dont know why, but on the three ROM's Ive tried weather doesnt update like it should (I have it set to 3 hours). I have settings to turn roam guard off, amd to allow. Even in home area though, when I hit update key sometimes it takes an hour, if at all. Its always been flakey for some reason.

Ideas?

edit: It looks like part of my problem is Im not getting a data connection while roaming. Tried Auto A and Auto B which forces roam, and cant browse or open google maps. I'll play with it a little more its probably a setting.
Well for your programs tab I believe I found the solution here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Root...

Not sure if this was just my flash or its in the latest MaxRootCombo Rom... but just in case:

The solution to my problem above was to make the following change to the registry -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\0\IsReadOnly = 0 instead of 1.

I also deleted the path and dispname registry entries as well. Makes sense as the problem I was having only seemed to affect the first program on the programs tab.
Only I think after I did that I have this problem where setting an app to the first slot blanks out the icons for the remaining slots (they all show up as blank white squares). To get around that I just left the first slot empty.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Ok it's the solution for recover the manila icon tabs for 2.7 SE with all functions work
The resolution will have to be always "V" like in the picture
Yesssssssssssss

Now only I will wait for my sweet MaxDarkRott and I will make all pewter
Attached Files
File Type: zip Max2.7 Port.zip (36.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jdm627; 02-02-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Well for your programs tab I believe I found the solution here...

Only I think after I did that I have this problem where setting an app to the first slot blanks out the icons for the remaining slots (they all show up as blank white squares). To get around that I just left the first slot empty.
I believe you are talking about the known bug from post #1 of the link I posted. It seems to me from reading that the fix works, but you can't use links 1 and 2 at the same time or you get the white squares. It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Just dont put two programs you run at the same time in those two links. I've not tried the fix yet. That's just what I've read...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...619253&page=12

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-03-2010 at 12:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium