PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 21 09

My laptop will not see the connection. On the wifi router page, it says "Router (the name of my network) running" and below it says "Ready to accept connections" but it still doesnt show up on my laptop so I cant connect to it.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 21 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
My laptop will not see the connection. On the wifi router page, it says "Router (the name of my network) running" and below it says "Ready to accept connections" but it still doesnt show up on my laptop so I cant connect to it.
Did you start the connection from the device as well?
Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

As I said last night I would cook up a trimmed down rom for users with limited memory like VZW users.
BaseRoot21_0127_23518

On my Sprint device I have right at 275 megs free storage space on this rom.
Screen shot will show boot up free mem.

OpenMarket app is included so you can download and install free "open" apps right to your SD card to save space.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Thank you.
I don't know about being a "legend".
I just want everyone to enjoy their device with a good working rom.
I know all to well about buying a phone and it being almost useless.
Very frustrating to have a device that just doesn't work.
I hope my roms help make these devices a little more enjoyable.
I have tried a lot of ROMS and honestly... yours is right up there as a top notch piece of work. One thing about your ROMS that I haven't seen in a chef in awhile is the amount of attention you pay to details. I am using your latest MaxRootCombo and its seriously slick. Most of the sense 2.5 roms I have tried have the usual handicaps but you seemed to have found neat little work arounds. Kudus on the great work man!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
I have tried a lot of ROMS and honestly... yours is right up there as a top notch piece of work. One thing about your ROMS that I haven't seen in a chef in awhile is the amount of attention you pay to details. I am using your latest MaxRootCombo and its seriously slick. Most of the sense 2.5 roms I have tried have the usual handicaps but you seemed to have found neat little work arounds. Kudus on the great work man!
Much thanks friend.
I have spent a lot of time in other threads learning to fix and mod before I started cooking.
Probably over 1000 posts in NRG thread alone.
Only now I try to fix and mod before the software hits the device instead of the other way around.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

One small bug. Or maybe its just me... can anyone confirm the programs tab having problems removing programs after adding them? Or has this been talked about already? I am on the 01/25 MaxRootCombo
Old 01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

omahajs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
As I said last night I would cook up a trimmed down rom for users with limited memory like VZW users.
BaseRoot21_0127_23518

On my Sprint device I have right at 275 megs free storage space on this rom.
Screen shot will show boot up free mem.

OpenMarket app is included so you can download and install free "open" apps right to your SD card to save space.
Thanks Root - will this be available for download today? My problem is always with free PROGRAM memory on a vzw tp (storage mem is not a problem). With Sense 2.1 running on my custom rom I usually only have between 15-20MB free which quickly runs out when Opera is opened, etc...

Also, I assume I can just intall Dusk 2.1 Theme cab and it will work fine with your rom?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajs View Post
Thanks Root - will this be available for download today? My problem is always with free PROGRAM memory on a vzw tp (storage mem is not a problem). With Sense 2.1 running on my custom rom I usually only have between 15-20MB free which quickly runs out when Opera is opened, etc...

Also, I assume I can just intall Dusk 2.1 Theme cab and it will work fine with your rom?
Should be up very soon.
Just keep checking dl page.
Should install and work fine.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Did you start the connection from the device as well?

Yeah, that was from the phone's wifi router app.

My laptop just doesn't recognize the wifi from the phone. Hmmm, should I try to flash the newer RootRom Combo? I see there is an updated one.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
One small bug. Or maybe its just me... can anyone confirm the programs tab having problems removing programs after adding them? Or has this been talked about already? I am on the 01/25 MaxRootCombo
Root...

Not sure if this was just my flash or its in the latest MaxRootCombo Rom... but just in case:

The solution to my problem above was to make the following change to the registry -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\0\IsReadOnly = 0 instead of 1.

I also deleted the path and dispname registry entries as well. Makes sense as the problem I was having only seemed to affect the first program on the programs tab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium