PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

dak408 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 8 09

I tried the 2.5 combo rom last week and my phone would not come out of the start up black "touch pro" screen. Then I tried the sence 2.1 and it stalled at the pretty rootrom screen just after the black screen. Neither would boot up. Anyone else have these problems? I just went back to NRG for now but I want to try these roms! Maybe I got a bad download??
Old 01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 8 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak408 View Post
I tried the 2.5 combo rom last week and my phone would not come out of the start up black "touch pro" screen. Then I tried the sence 2.1 and it stalled at the pretty rootrom screen just after the black screen. Neither would boot up. Anyone else have these problems? I just went back to NRG for now but I want to try these roms! Maybe I got a bad download??
I would say a bad flash.
If you were using another custom rom like NRG I recommend a flash to stock rom then flash to one of mine.
What you described sounds like a bad flash.
Let me know if you get it going my friend.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

looks cool, but you should really answer your phone.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak408 View Post
my guess would be a bad flash/download..ive been flashing around and everytime ive flashed back to a rootrom ive not had any issues..try downloading again and give er a go
Old 01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau9mi View Post
Ok Can some please tell me what I'm doing Wrong, i have download, several roms to my desktop and went to run them, I followed the step but when it start i get a error 240, The update utility can not open the requested file. Please check your update utility. What am I doing wrong
I would try making a folder for the rom away from anything else.
Try running it that way.
Are you connected via USB in bootloader mode?
Is your device unlocked for custom flashing?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/23506 - Dec 6 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Thanks friends.
Let me know if you try it and what you think.
I really have to let you know this is the best ROM (MaxDarkRooTCombo0106refried) that I have ever had, and I have flashed over 40 ROMs since having this phone. This Friday is payday, means I am going to buy you a beer my friend!!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/23506 - Dec 6 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
I really have to let you know this is the best ROM (MaxDarkRooTCombo0106refried) that I have ever had, and I have flashed over 40 ROMs since having this phone. This Friday is payday, means I am going to buy you a beer my friend!!
Much thanks my friend.
Glad you like the rom.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dak408 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I would say a bad flash.
If you were using another custom rom like NRG I recommend a flash to stock rom then flash to one of mine.
What you described sounds like a bad flash.
Let me know if you get it going my friend.
Thanks. Yes, I always go to stock then hard reset before flashing to a new one. I will try again soon!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

brushbailey is keeping up the good workbrushbailey is keeping up the good work

Thanks root!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushbailey View Post
Thanks root!
You are welcome my friend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium