PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > CDMA iPhone Development

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
[How-To] Jailbreak iPhone 5.1.1 (untethered)

if something here isn't included, let me know and I will change the first post to include it. All help is appreciated. This way people don't have to go to obsolete random iphone threads just to try to figure something out.

Before you do any updating back-up your SHSH Blobs. The why and how can be found here in Wideawake's super awesome tutorial here.

Also sync and backup all of your songs, pics, numbers, everything in case you have to restore!

To jailbreak all iOS models that run iOS 5.01 thru 5.1.1 you need to just download and run Absinthe 2.

Get it here:

Absinthe v2.0.2 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Absinthe v2.0.2 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
Absinthe v2.0.2 Linux (x86/x86_64)

compatible with:

• iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 3GS
  • iPad (3rd Gen)
  • iPad 2
  • iPad 1
  • iPod touch 3G/4G
  • Apple TV (2nd Gen)

For all older firmware versions post in thread, it's pretty easy to find

Last edited by orangekid; 05-29-2012 at 11:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [How-To] Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4

Is it possible to flash to sprint yet? Will it ever you think? My gf is dying for an iphone
Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Is it possible to flash to sprint yet? Will it ever you think? My gf is dying for an iphone
probably not because Sprint does not add ESNs to their network.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cellboothmgr is becoming a great contributor

what about boost? ive seen/heard of vzw phones and sprint(no boost) phones being activated. i would try an iphone 4 on boost just to see what all the fuss is about...
Old 03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Threadstarter

it's been done on cricket, so I'm sure you can do it on boost or any CDMA company that adds ESNs. I'll try to figure out how and post it up.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: boost mobile

saucysassy27 is a n00b

Hey orange kid! did u figure anything out yet? I have boost mobile already but i want an iphone 4.. let us know what you can do most of all the data is what im hoping for! Ive seen forums where people have unlocked the verizon iphone to metro but only talk + text works..NO DATA & MMS!! (so whats the damn point of having an iphone)

Im still looking around the web to see if i find anyone that can PROPERLY unlock the cdma version of the iphone will keep u posted
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucysassy27 View Post
Hey orange kid! did u figure anything out yet? I have boost mobile already but i want an iphone 4.. let us know what you can do most of all the data is what im hoping for! Ive seen forums where people have unlocked the verizon iphone to metro but only talk + text works..NO DATA & MMS!! (so whats the damn point of having an iphone)

Im still looking around the web to see if i find anyone that can PROPERLY unlock the cdma version of the iphone will keep u posted
I'm still looking as well, the more the better, if one of us can get a tutorial up I'll sticky it and we can flash away
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: [How-To] Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 (4.2.6)

Thanks for the tutorial OK. I picked up an iPhone 4 tonight from VZW and the first thing that I had to do was jailbreak it so that I could... well.. you know
Old 04-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Thanks for the tutorial OK. I picked up an iPhone 4 tonight from VZW and the first thing that I had to do was jailbreak it so that I could... well.. you know
awesome dude.

you should get fancy and put this mod on it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/iphone-the...one-theme.html
Old 05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution
Carrier: Sprint

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

hello, just trying to help, since a lot of ppl is wondering how to jailbreak verizon iphon 4.2.7 untethered way, snow breeze just release a new way here is the link hopefully i dont be involved in problems by providing the link

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!

PPCGeeks > iPhone > CDMA iPhone Development