PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA iPhone Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=311)
-   -   [How-To] Jailbreak iPhone 5.1.1 (untethered) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143348)

orangekid 02-08-2011 11:20 AM

[How-To] Jailbreak iPhone 5.1.1 (untethered)

if something here isn't included, let me know and I will change the first post to include it. All help is appreciated. This way people don't have to go to obsolete random iphone threads just to try to figure something out.

Before you do any updating back-up your SHSH Blobs. The why and how can be found here in Wideawake's super awesome tutorial here.

Also sync and backup all of your songs, pics, numbers, everything in case you have to restore!

To jailbreak all iOS models that run iOS 5.01 thru 5.1.1 you need to just download and run Absinthe 2.

Get it here:

Absinthe v2.0.2 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Absinthe v2.0.2 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
Absinthe v2.0.2 Linux (x86/x86_64)

compatible with:

• iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 3GS
  • iPad (3rd Gen)
  • iPad 2
  • iPad 1
  • iPod touch 3G/4G
  • Apple TV (2nd Gen)

For all older firmware versions post in thread, it's pretty easy to find :smile:

aman1127 02-14-2011 04:48 PM

Re: [How-To] Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4

Is it possible to flash to sprint yet? Will it ever you think? My gf is dying for an iphone

orangekid 02-14-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aman1127 (Post 2056098)
Is it possible to flash to sprint yet? Will it ever you think? My gf is dying for an iphone

probably not because Sprint does not add ESNs to their network.

cellboothmgr 03-27-2011 07:56 PM

what about boost? ive seen/heard of vzw phones and sprint(no boost) phones being activated. i would try an iphone 4 on boost just to see what all the fuss is about...

orangekid 03-28-2011 04:13 PM

it's been done on cricket, so I'm sure you can do it on boost or any CDMA company that adds ESNs. I'll try to figure out how and post it up.

saucysassy27 03-30-2011 02:45 AM

Hey orange kid! did u figure anything out yet? I have boost mobile already but i want an iphone 4.. let us know what you can do :) most of all the data is what im hoping for! Ive seen forums where people have unlocked the verizon iphone to metro but only talk + text works..NO DATA & MMS!! (so whats the damn point of having an iphone) :mad:

Im still looking around the web to see if i find anyone that can PROPERLY unlock the cdma version of the iphone :) will keep u posted \\:D/

orangekid 03-30-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucysassy27 (Post 2076269)
Hey orange kid! did u figure anything out yet? I have boost mobile already but i want an iphone 4.. let us know what you can do :) most of all the data is what im hoping for! Ive seen forums where people have unlocked the verizon iphone to metro but only talk + text works..NO DATA & MMS!! (so whats the damn point of having an iphone) :mad:

Im still looking around the web to see if i find anyone that can PROPERLY unlock the cdma version of the iphone :) will keep u posted \\:D/

I'm still looking as well, the more the better, if one of us can get a tutorial up I'll sticky it and we can flash away :)

rainfreak 04-07-2011 09:46 PM

Re: [How-To] Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 (4.2.6)

Thanks for the tutorial OK. I picked up an iPhone 4 tonight from VZW and the first thing that I had to do was jailbreak it so that I could... well.. you know ;)

orangekid 04-08-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 2081680)
Thanks for the tutorial OK. I picked up an iPhone 4 tonight from VZW and the first thing that I had to do was jailbreak it so that I could... well.. you know ;)

awesome dude.

you should get fancy and put this mod on it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/iphone-the...one-theme.html

juancaperez2000 05-02-2011 11:21 PM

hello, just trying to help, since a lot of ppl is wondering how to jailbreak verizon iphon 4.2.7 untethered way, snow breeze just release a new way here is the link hopefully i dont be involved in problems by providing the link

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones