PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 05/18/10 | Fresh Toast v2.1 | BFS + Overclock + EXT4 | Newest RUU

I am still running 05/18/10 | Fresh Toast v2.1 | BFS + Overclock + EXT4 | Newest RUU and I have a problem with incoming calls. Every once in a while, more and more often lately, when I get an incoming call the phone force closes and I am unable to answer the call and it doesn't even show me who called in my history. I have to hope that the person calls me back or leaves a voicemail. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Yvelde is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [ROM] 05/18/10 | Fresh Toast v2.1 | BFS + Overclock + EXT4 | Newest RUU

Was just wondering if you removed Google Talk from this ROM. I can't seem to get it to work.

I am having the same problem touch_rules has described. This is very bad as I get important phone calls. Any help would be appreciated.

I found the talk app. It wasn't under 'Im'. Sorry for the question. I am still having the problems with the phone app crashing on an incoming call. LAAAMMMMEEEE!!??

Last edited by Yvelde; 06-01-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: I found Talk
Old 06-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
I am still running 05/18/10 | Fresh Toast v2.1 | BFS + Overclock + EXT4 | Newest RUU and I have a problem with incoming calls. Every once in a while, more and more often lately, when I get an incoming call the phone force closes and I am unable to answer the call and it doesn't even show me who called in my history. I have to hope that the person calls me back or leaves a voicemail. Any ideas? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelde View Post
Was just wondering if you removed Google Talk from this ROM. I can't seem to get it to work.

I am having the same problem touch_rules has described. This is very bad as I get important phone calls. Any help would be appreciated.

I found the talk app. It wasn't under 'Im'. Sorry for the question. I am still having the problems with the phone app crashing on an incoming call. LAAAMMMMEEEE!!??
Are we the only two having this problem? I didn't have it at first and I can't think of anything I could have done to start this. It drives me crazy. Maybe it's time to flash another rom, it would be great if we could get some support first though. I have this rom running just the way I want it to right now, except for the incoming calls crashing that is.

I hope this isn't an indication of what's going to happen when the EVO drops since it appears that everyone is eagerly awaiting the EVO and seems to be forgetting the Hero. Please help if you can. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Lurker

Yvelde is a n00b

I am going to post on this topic elsewhere and see if I can find any answers. From what I have read there a few people having similar problems but from what I gather they are not exactly the same. I have pinpointed what causes the problem on my phone. HTC Hero; if I receive a text message but I do not pick up the phone to look at it and I get a phone call before I clear the notification from the message I get this error 'The process com.android phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again'.

This is the first rom that has really been 'sweet' for my Hero. It is running awesome. If we could solve this it would be great.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelde View Post
I am going to post on this topic elsewhere and see if I can find any answers. From what I have read there a few people having similar problems but from what I gather they are not exactly the same. I have pinpointed what causes the problem on my phone. HTC Hero; if I receive a text message but I do not pick up the phone to look at it and I get a phone call before I clear the notification from the message I get this error 'The process com.android phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again'.

This is the first rom that has really been 'sweet' for my Hero. It is running awesome. If we could solve this it would be great.
I kind of wish we had that in common, I clear all my text messages pretty much as soon as I get them. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason why my incoming calls do this some times and not other times.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:04 PM
N00b

jusmen01else is a n00b

I have also had problems of the phone app crashing without record of who called...it has become increasingly more frequent as well. A reset will help until it just starts to become frequent yet again.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmen01else View Post
I have also had problems of the phone app crashing without record of who called...it has become increasingly more frequent as well. A reset will help until it just starts to become frequent yet again.
Same here, I think it's weird that a bunch of us are having this problem and no one is helping us. Kind of bugging me. Anyone fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Lurker

bigfloppydb is a n00b

I'm pretty sure the developers are super busy... I think Flipz is getting married, and he is doing a bunch of wedding stuff... Not sure about Toast, but I don't think this is his primary rom. Give it a little time, Flipz and Toast have been great with users for quite a while now. I'm sure when they can dedicate the time we need, they will do it. And remember, they're doing all of this off of donations and the joy of it.

In the meantime, just flash straight to Fresh 2.1.2. It works great and you don't have to wipe first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfloppydb View Post
I'm pretty sure the developers are super busy... I think Flipz is getting married, and he is doing a bunch of wedding stuff... Not sure about Toast, but I don't think this is his primary rom. Give it a little time, Flipz and Toast have been great with users for quite a while now. I'm sure when they can dedicate the time we need, they will do it. And remember, they're doing all of this off of donations and the joy of it.

In the meantime, just flash straight to Fresh 2.1.2. It works great and you don't have to wipe first.
I know this is all done for free and for the joy of it. It's just that I have never seen a ROM thread so quiet. I came over from Winmo and there are usually a few people in addition to the developer that are a huge help, I'm just surprised at how quiet it is in here.

It's honestly making me wonder if everyone jumped ship over to the EVO.

I have been thinking about going to 2.1.2 it's just that I finally have this rom set up exactly the way I want it with overclocking and speed and such.

Thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry guys, the hype got to me...........My EVO will be here by mid week. It's been a ride. I think the kicker for me was ThaCounty jumped ship too. That honestly surprised me.

Wish you the best with the phone crashing issue. In the meantime, anyone want to buy a 1 month old used Hero with a silicon case and zagg screen protector? It will be in bargain trader for $200.00.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development