PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

neuton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 05/25/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.2 | Official RUU + deodex + vanilla lock + lots mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
Agree...without exchange my phone is useless as well.

Thanks for the clarification. I had just read those comments right after I flashed this rom. I followed the instructions. flash rom, flash fix, sign into google account. Afterwards I set up exchage. I am almost sure we do not require the phone to be "secured". So far I have not had a problem...knock on wood.
good to hear its working!

You would know if it required it to be "secure" it prompts you to create a pw, and you have to enter it EVERY time the screen locks, its the most annoying thing on the planet! (unless you use the lockpicker app, which removes it without exchange knowing.)

Hopefully flipz will figure out whats making it do this for folks that have secure servers soon! Thanks guys! ~nick

Last edited by neuton; 06-09-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ssolomon is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to ssolomon
Re: [ROM] 05/25/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.2 | Official RUU + deodex + vanilla lock + lots mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuton View Post
good to hear its working!

You would know if it required it to be "secure" it prompts you to create a pw, and you have to enter it EVERY time the screen locks, its the most annoying thing on the planet! (unless you use the lockpick app, which removes it without exchange knowing.)

Hopefully flipz will figure out whats making it do this for folks that have secure servers soon! Thanks guys! ~nick
You can also use Touchdown which only requires a pin when you try to access Exchange. I used it when running 1.5 and kept it after upgrading to the official 2.1 because of how annoying the unlock was.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Where can you get Lockpick from? I don't see it in the market and I absolutely HATE having to put my PW in every single time I turn on the screen.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Never mind. Found it. Under LockPicker.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

deathleprechaun is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [ROM] 05/25/10 | Fresh Rom 2.1.2 | Official RUU + deodex + vanilla lock + lots mo

My sound is cutting out it seems after/during 1 phone call now.
I am having the same problem I have been chasing until Fresh 2.0 was out. I updated to this cause of the official release but now my sound issue is back.

With Fresh 2.0 my sound would stop working maybe after a few days. Every other rom was a day. This rom is doing the same thing? What can I do, it seems like no one else has this issue anymore. Why do i?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

geehova is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathleprechaun View Post
My sound is cutting out it seems after/during 1 phone call now.
I am having the same problem I have been chasing until Fresh 2.0 was out. I updated to this cause of the official release but now my sound issue is back.

With Fresh 2.0 my sound would stop working maybe after a few days. Every other rom was a day. This rom is doing the same thing? What can I do, it seems like no one else has this issue anymore. Why do i?
You're not alone. I've been trying to get a solution to this myself for about two weeks now. No dice though.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

deathleprechaun is a n00b

I just went back to 2.0d from Fresh and used the audio fix they provide in the forum/site.

It works better than anything else... the sound will still cut out eventually but lasts about 3 days with a lot of use.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dacib is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
My wifi tether doesn't work with this ROM. Anyone else have this problem?
Same here. I get Unable to start tethering message. Anybody can help?

Thank you.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No tether joy for me either!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

kinglance82 is a n00b

i have the sound issue with the 2.1.2 sometimes goes a day sometimes 5 minutes. I kind of give up on 2.1 roms, i have had the sound issue on everyone i tried, even after flashing the fix. I am going to try the final damage, and if i have it there, i will just stick with fresh 1.1.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development