PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Any way to toggle permissions to edit boot startup audio? I wanted to switch the fresh boot audio to something different. Just for chits and giggles.

Btw, Rom is bad ass!!!

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Hero is flying
Old 04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
Any way to toggle permissions to edit boot startup audio? I wanted to switch the fresh boot audio to something different. Just for chits and giggles.

Btw, Rom is bad ass!!!

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk
There is just a sound file in the system directory you'll need to swap out. Can be done easily via adb with a simple mount -o remount etc. push

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
There is just a sound file in the system directory you'll need to swap out. Can be done easily via adb with a simple mount -o remount etc. push
Good stuff! I'll try that out. Thanks!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

I am thinking of flashing this rom, but I have a question first. Is the video camera working now?

I went for it anyways, the video cam works fine. Everything seems to work great so far with this rom.

Last edited by ObsoleteE; 04-26-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

I've just found one quirk with this ROM, Mystique Chapter 3 keeps force closing everytime I try to play it. Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
I am thinking of flashing this rom, but I have a question first. Is the video camera working now?

I went for it anyways, the video cam works fine. Everything seems to work great so far with this rom.
Yes it absolutely is. Everything, and I mean everything on this rom works perfectly for me! There is some issue with the phone but I don't have it so I am not sure of the issue.

Haven't seen you in a while. Get on gtalk and hit me up. I'm my SN @ gmail .com

Last edited by thacounty; 04-26-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Biggjimmy7 is a n00b

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search; If i have the previous version of 2.0d installed (before the Rosie fix) do I have to do a hard wipe to install the updated ROM?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have completed everything down to the hard reset. I never get an option for flashing the new ROM though.
I reformatted my SD card (original 2GB) and retried, but no luck. On RA, I get the Clear Storage option only. I also retried reformatting in FAT32 which makes the card faster, but does not change my options on RA. I do have the zip file on the root of the sd card as well. Think it is the way my card is formatted?
I am running the "leaked" 2.x ROM
Here is my RA screen if it helps:

HERC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.47.0000 (HERO20000)
MICROP-0110
TOUCH PANEL-SYN0104
RADIO-2.42.00.03.10
Mar 1 2010, 16:02:39

CLEARSTORAGE
Delete all user data?
<ACTION> Yes
<SEND> No
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
I have completed everything down to the hard reset. I never get an option for flashing the new ROM though.
I reformatted my SD card (original 2GB) and retried, but no luck. On RA, I get the Clear Storage option only. I also retried reformatting in FAT32 which makes the card faster, but does not change my options on RA. I do have the zip file on the root of the sd card as well. Think it is the way my card is formatted?
I am running the "leaked" 2.x ROM
Here is my RA screen if it helps:

HERC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.47.0000 (HERO20000)
MICROP-0110
TOUCH PANEL-SYN0104
RADIO-2.42.00.03.10
Mar 1 2010, 16:02:39

CLEARSTORAGE
Delete all user data?
Yes
No
That's not the RA recovery image.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Ah! So, I need an actual .img file? The instructions clearly said to boot into RA mode, wipe phone, then put the ROM .zip on the root of the sd card, then choose the option to launch the ROM install from the sd card. Looks like that would never happen. OK, makes sense. Where can I find better instructions on putting the Fresh ROM on my Hero? ( I will poke around here and XDA a bit more). Thank you!

Edit - Or did I miss the obvious and should I launch the install from the SD via browsing to it with a file manager?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development