PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [pre-kitchen] 12/28/09-0.1b | fresh pre-kitchen | fixed 'unable to open debug' er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffgong4 View Post
Do I have to set my phone to bootloader mode to use this?

I can't seem to get my windows 7 laptop to see my hero...
Are you rooted?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work
Re: [pre-kitchen] 12/28/09-0.1b | fresh pre-kitchen | fixed 'unable to open debug' er

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Are you rooted?
Yes and Running Fresh 1.1
Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yes and Running Fresh 1.1
Ok. Well i know that htc sync has to have drivers installed a special way for htc sync to work but i was able to us the kitchen in windows 7 without htc sync recognizing the phone. Did you try turning USB debugging off?

I mean ON. Sorry.

I have it ON on mine and the kitchen works fine.

Last edited by KBZL; 01-06-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Ok. Well i know that htc sync has to have drivers installed a special way for htc sync to work but i was able to us the kitchen in windows 7 without htc sync recognizing the phone. Did you try turning USB debugging off?

I mean ON. Sorry.

I have it ON on mine and the kitchen works fine.
Yes Debugging is on...here is where it gets weird.

The ADB driver that is installed says HTC Dream, which obviously isn't my phone but I can't get the kitchen to push to my phone...I tried updating the driver to an x64 htc driver and it wouldn't let me.

It's frustrating as this is the last thing I can't do...I just want a few of the stock apps back on after installing fresh 1.1...

I used this link and it just wouldn't work...
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...-in-windows-7/

Do I need the sdk?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Yes Debugging is on...here is where it gets weird.

The ADB driver that is installed says HTC Dream, which obviously isn't my phone but I can't get the kitchen to push to my phone...I tried updating the driver to an x64 htc driver and it wouldn't let me.

It's frustrating as this is the last thing I can't do...I just want a few of the stock apps back on after installing fresh 1.1...

I used this link and it just wouldn't work...
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...-in-windows-7/

Do I need the sdk?
I wish i could help more but im new to the hero and i havent had any issues like this yet. Hopefully someone can chime in soon that knows better. Last chance could be to just start over.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I appreciate the help. I just have to find a way to delete the association from the driver to the hardware...then I may be good to go
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

asianizeboy is a n00b

would i be able to use auto root to root my sprint hero with updated firmware? please help.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

working! Don't have any idea how I did this but it's working...only weird thing is that I get two items in the shortcut setup for footprints and stocks...
Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the great tool!

I did have some problems loading the STX taskbar though I think it had to do with Droid Explorer (Windows XP). When you install the app, it loads some kind of service (I think it's ADB related) that runs in the background. It's caused me problems in the past and so I thought to stop the service and try installing the theme again. So, on that try it worked. I'm not 100% sure that was the cause, but maybe.

In any case...thanks again.

Hit me with some THANKS!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [pre-kitchen] 01/07/09-0.2 | fresh pre-kitchen | major code updates

Hoping someone can help me (and others) sort this out. I want to use Setix's new Android taskbar found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104846

However, when I install it using the pre-kitchen, it reverts my lockscreen and drop-down notification menu to the stock one. So, I reapplied the Evil Transparent lock screen (via the recovery menu), and it reverted the taskbar to the stock one. Is there any way to have only the specific theme applied? IE, keep FreshROM 1.1 as is and only change the taskbar?

I posted it in Setix's taskbar thread and no one seems to know how to do so (yet).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development