PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pfcland is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM 10.21] ¦ Swagged Out Stock V1.9.0.5 RC2.1 ¦ 4.53 ¦ Superuser FC Fixed

Swagged Out Stock v1.9.0.5 RC2.1
HTC EVO 4G ROM

Introduction
This ROM is based on the latest OTA Update for the HTC EVO 4G: 4.53.651.1. The ROM is rooted and has had as much bloatware removed as possible. The goal of this ROM is to give those that enjoy the stock ROM a clean environment to work in. While at the same time, giving the ability to add some tweaks and swagger to keep the ROM competitive.

Swagged Out:
When your swag is so great that the second you walk into a room b_tches be on your d_ck.

Team Swag

pfcland
My name is Tyler Land you can call me PFC or PFC Land. I am currently in college going for my major in graphics. I am also in the Army National Guard. I have been using Android phones for two years and have been rooted since about the beginning. I would like to thank swagstr for letting me be part of this awsome ROM and also to all the devs that help make these roms and guides that I have used and helped me learn how to use my rooted phone the right way.

swagstr
My name is Sam Sarsten. I am a contributing editor for the EVO-loving site Good and EVO. Feel free to call me swagstr. This is the first ROM I have ever written. I would like to thank dsixda for his HTC Android Kitchen. I would also like to thank NinjaWolf for compiling the base rooted, deodexed ROM. None of this would have been possible without those two people.

I'd also like to thank HTC and Sprint for the awesome phone. Also, Jenn K. Lee for running
the great site, Good and EVO!

Screenshots
[Being updated]

There are two flavors of this ROM:

Swag = OFF - this is the base ROM with a stock look
  • Rooted, stock, deodexed ROM base - thanks to NinjaWolf
  • Sprint's Hotspot App is unlocked and free (as is USB tethering) - thanks noimjosh
  • 4-in-1 Reboot Mod for easy access to recovery (featured on G&E) - thanks ca1ne
  • TONS of useless system apps removed - thanks me
  • Apps2SD enabled - thanks to dsixda's kitchen
  • Zipaligns on boot - thanks to Virus
  • SD Card speed fix and other cool tweaks enabled - thanks to Virus
  • Adjust Wi-Fi scan to 90 seconds to help battery life
  • Added Nano text editor + sysro/sysrw and Bash - thanks to dsixda's kitchen
  • Busybox installed - thanks to dsixda's kitchen
  • Some extra apps installed as well (AdFree, DSPManager, ES File Explorer, Facebook, G&E app, Google Plus and Music from ICS, modded Netflix (black themed - thanks Dblfstr), ROM Manager, Superuser) - fully uninstallable, can be moved to SD card, etc.
  • Some system apps have been moved to /data/app/ to make them uninstallable, movable to SD card, etc. (Gmail, Maps, Street, Swype, Voice Search, YouTube)
  • All apps (including Gmail, YouTube, Maps, and Market) updated to latest version - as of release
  • Google Talk with Video Chat Enabled (JSYK front facing camera is sideways - Sense's problem, not mine)
  • CIQ/HTCLoggers is 98% removed - find out why by reading this G&E article
  • OTA Updates via ROM Manager Premium
  • Max tabs open in Browser bumped up from 4 to 7 - thanks to steelh
  • Native screenshots enabled (hold power button then tap home, pictures saved in DCIM folder) - thanks to freeza
  • MMS compression fix - thanks to Calkulin
  • 1X/3G icon fix
  • Some lib files removed to save space
  • Custom wallpaper
Probably more... follow changes at the Changelog page.

Swag = ON - less like stock, more like SWAG (this is the version you'll probably end up with )
  • All the goodies from Swag = OFF base
  • lithid-cm's HTC EVO 4G Freedom-v0.9 (Stock) Kernel (OC, UV, SmartAss governor, HDMI mirroring) - head over to lithid-cm's kernel's thread for kernel-related issues
  • USB Debugging icon removed from status bar and GPS icon removed when off - thanks Team Nocturnal
  • Custom boot animation (featured on G&E) - thanks thermanlee
  • Notification bar themed and transparent pulldown added - thanks Team Nocturnal
  • Quick Settings and Recent Apps added to notification pulldown - thanks ca1ne
  • 3 keyboard options - stock replaced with keyboard with black background (thanks ldc2335), HTC_IME Mod added for those that don't like arrows (thanks jonasl), and Gingerbread Keyboard added for those that miss AOSP (thanks to Android?)
  • Sprint Lover icons in the status bar - thanks to chris1683 for making the ROM inspiring these icons
  • % Battery icon - thanks martijua
  • Black bar lock screen slider - thanks martijua
  • Rosie (i.e. dock) modded to look like Sense 2.1 with remapped right button which leads to LaunchKey that can be programmed to open any app - thanks to tommytomatoe's tutorial to enable this sweet feature
  • Comfortaa font added - thanks aajohan for making the font
  • Includes some apps too: LaunchKey (for remapped Rosie), No-frills CPU Control (for OC), and MetaMorph (for themes)
  • Transparent app drawer - thanks Calkulin
  • Gingerbread overscroll affect
  • CRT On/Off Animation - thanks gruesomewolf
  • RAM Tweak - thanks Juwe11
Probably more... follow changes at the Changelog page

Choose your Swag wisely 0

Download Links
Downloads here. Or from ROM Manager.
REMEMBER TO READ THE Q&A (in post 3) BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED A MILLION TIMES... Thank you

Don't worry, no registration required. While at the blog, feel free to click on some ads and make me some money though

Changes since v1.9.0.5 RC2
  • Downgraded Superuser to the stable v2.3.6.3 (this will fix your Superuser FCs) - reminder this an app related bug and not my fault... just sayin'

Installation Instructions
Full wipe required for this version! Make sure to take the appropriate measures to back up your data!
If any apps are acting up, clear data for that app (especially Market, Superuser, and Google Music.
Please follow these directions!

​More detailed instructions can be found here.

Bugs
  • Low Linpack scores (unimportant to me)

Please report all bugs in this thread or via PM to me - thanks

Finally, a HUGE thanks to all the donators! You know who you are

Pfcland Team Swag
Old 10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pfcland is a n00b
Swagification
These are either MetaMorph themes or flashable .zips - the instructions will state which type of file you are downloading. For detailed instructions on how to flash a .zip, head over to the installation page.

Swagification:
"The natural ability, or the art of having swagger." So let's get your EVO even more Swagged Out already!

Themes (click on the image to download)
Themes are designed for users of Swagged Out Stock, if you are using Another 4.53-based OTA ROM, you CAN flash these themes, but they could mess up your ROM. Remember to Nandroid every time you flash.

[Screenshots are coming soon...]

Dock Colors
These are MetaMorph themes. Ever get bored of seeing the same dock on the bottom of your homescreen, let's make life a little more colorful! Note: These will only change the color of your dock (don't let the pictures confuse you lol)!

To install: Go to MetaMorph > Unzip/extract new theme (if you've used the theme before, still select this option, but then hit Update) > hit Close > hit "Apply all!" > wait till it's done > (tricky part) hold power button > Nothing happens but a light vibrate > Hold power button again > nothing happens for a sec, then EVO will hot restart on its own > Enjoy colorful joy!

Too many pix
Black (Swag = ON Stock)

Too many pix
Stock (Swag = OFF Stock)

Too many pix
Red

Too many pix
Red & Black

Too many pix
Green & Black

Too many pix
Orange & Black (Beaver Nation Edition)

Too many pix
Pink (Ladies choice)

Remappable Icon Button
These are MetaMorph themes. All Swag = ON ROMs have the ability to "map" the personalize key (by default the painter's palette at the bottom right of the home screen). Go to the app drawer > LaunchKey > then select an app of your choice. To add a bit more personalization, I have taken the liberty to throw together some customized icons of the personalize key.
REMEMBER: It is up to you to change where the personalize key takes you, this will only change the "personalize button" icon.

Too many pix[/IMG]
Paint Brush (Swag = ON Stock)

Too many pix
Browser

Camera

Music

People

Other Dev's Docks
These are MetaMorph themes. Whether it's ldc2335's Smooth N Sexy docks or tommytomatoes docks, there are some cool docks out there. I have taken the liberty of grabbing the necessary files out of their docks and moving them into MetaMorph themes for easy Swagged Out customization.

ldc2335 - I recommend that you install the special "reset" dock to switch to SOS docks
All thanks go to ldc2335 for making these sweet docks in the first place, be sure to check out his Smooth N Sexy ROM.

Special RESET Dock (brings you back to SOS Swag = ON stock)

Stock Espresso

80% Espresso

Brushed Trans Stock

50% Stock

Stock Silver

Frost

Carrera Silver

Thunder Steel

tommytomatoe - I require that you install the special "reset" dock to switch to SOS docks
All thanks go to tommytomatoe for making these sweet docks, be sure to check out his other work. Also, another shout out to him, thanks for your work on the Rosie remap. Without your tutorial, SOS would suck more

Too many pix!
Special RESET Dock (brings you back to SOS Swag = ON stock)

Gingerbread AOSP - thanks to tommytomatoe for the base, but thanks to me for the theming

Rosie Ports

These are MetaMorph themes. There are some bad ass Rosie docks out there. To bring some of those to SOS, I have taken the liberty to port them. Note: The Remappable Icon Button (below) mods will not work with the Rosie Ports. If you would like a Rosie Port with a different icon, request it, I will make it

[Coming back soon]

App Drawer
These are MetaMorph themes. You like your app drawer transparent? Want 5 rows? I got ya covered. Note: tommytomatoe's docks will not work with these.

To install: Go to MetaMorph > Unzip/extract new theme (if you've used the theme before, still select this option, but then hit Update) > hit Close > hit "Apply all!" > wait till it's done > (tricky part) hold power button > Nothing happens but a light vibrate > Hold power button again > nothing happens for a sec, then EVO will hot restart on its own > Enjoy colorful joy!

[Coming soon]
Lock Screen Bars
These are MetaMorph themes. Making your lock screen bar even cooler. Or, hey, maybe you're bringing it back to stock.

Too Many pix!
Black Bar (Swag = ON Stock)

Stock (Swag = OFF Stock)

EViO

Carbon Fiber

Float

Too many pix!
Transparent

Keyboards
These are MetaMorph themes. This will modify the keyboards that come with Swag = ON.

[Coming soon]

Status Bar/Notification Pulldown Modifications
These are MetaMorph themes. The whole status bar and notification pulldown area of Swag = ON has been themed out. Starting with the next official release of SOS, there will be plenty of themes to go along with this.

Status Bar
[Coming soon]

Battery Icons
Swagged Out Battery

Stock Battery

3G Icons
Coming soon

Crappy Icon Remover
[Coming soon]

Sprint Banner
[Coming soon]

Recent Apps On/Off
[Coming soon]

Notification Pulldown Themes - these must be applied before backgrounds
[Coming soon]

Notification Pulldown Background
[Coming soon]

Ongoing Notification Background
[Coming soon]

Bottom Bar
[Coming soon]

Requests are more than welcome

Add-Ons
NOTE: These are all flashable .zips unless otherwise stated. These are not MetaMorph themes.

All the stuff you need to make your EVO running Swagged Out Stock awesome (or bring it back to stock). This section also provides you with removed apps, essential apps, and misc. add-ons. Enjoy!

Kernels
lithid-cm's Freedom (with undervolt choices - latest version includes TeamWin's HDMI mirroring): Flashable .zip choices here
barnacles10's ChopSuey Beta (includes TeamWin's HDMI mirroring): Flashable .zip
barnacles10's ChopSuey Stable: Flashable .zip
Netarchy's Golden Monkey: Flashable .zip
Stock with N fix: Coming soon...

Android Lock Screen
Sometimes, you want to be able to slide left-to-right instead of up-and-down. For those interested, here is the Android Lock Screen. Just flash this puppy and you are good to go!

Android Lock Screen: Multiupload | Mediafire

To return to the HTC Lock Screen you must flash the .zip below. Note: this is only for Swag = ON. If you are using Swag = OFF, reflash the Unswagification Pack, this will UNDO any other modifications (themes, kernels, etc.) you have made to SOS, though.

HTC Lock Screen (Swag = ON only): Multiupload | Mediafire

Classic Android Market
The latest update for the Android Market is pretty slick, but I've heard some people wishing for the old guy back. Here he is!

Classic Android Market: Multiupload | Mediafire

To return to the latest Android Market, you simply need to reflash the ROM (Swag = ON) or Unswagification Pack (Swag = OFF), this will UNDO any other modifications (themes, kernels, etc.) you have made to SOS, though.

Fonts
Stock HTC EVO 4G font: Flashable .zip

Comfortaa font pack (stock font for Swag = ON): Flashable .zip - thanks to aajohan

Hundreds more fonts found at this thread!

App Packs

Legend:
' = uninstallable system app
* = easily uninstallable non-system app

Bloatware Pack (formerly the Removed App Pack):
All the system apps removed during Swagification.

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:

Amazon MP3'
App Sharing '
Blockbuster'
Checkin Provider' (was removed to block OTA updates)
Flickr'
Footprints + widget'
Genie Widget'
HTC Car Panel'
HTC IQ Agent (this is a CIQ app)'
HTC Mobile Guide'
IQRD (this is a CIQ app)'
Kindle'
Stocks + widget'
Teeter'

Sprint Pack
It is recommended you use the CIQ Adder, listed below to ensure that Sprint Apps work properly

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:

NOVA'
Qik Video Chat* (from Market)
Sprint Mobile Alerts* (from Market)
Telenav Navigator* (from Market)
Sprint Radio* (from Market)
Sprint TV + widget'
Sprint Zone'

Sports Pack
Including the two Sprint Sport Apps (I hope to get updated versions soon), this also may require CIQ to be added back

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:
NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile'
Sprint Football Live'

Live Wallpaper Pack
Includes all those cool live wallpapers removed during Swagification

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:
HTC Weather Wallpaper' (which is included in the ROM)
Live Wallpapers' (random LWP)
Magic Smoke Wallpapers'
Mode 10 Wallpapers' (Sense LWP)
Visualization Wallpapers'

Instructions on how to send back select apps (i.e. not every app included in a pack) are found on the Installation page.

Essential App Pack
Normally, ROMs come with a lot of apps that many users will use often, but I know that everybody won't use them. Due to that reason, I try to include as few apps as possible (and make them fully uninstallable). For those that do like to have some extra apps added in easily, this is the right place for you! The instructions are the same as the other App Packs, except the apps are located in /data/app.

[Will be updated in the coming weeks]

CIQ Adder
If you are a fan of Sprint apps, you may need this. CIQ is explained here, and the reason it is not included in this ROM can be found here. However, according to this, you shouldn't worry too much about CIQ. If you are having problems running Sprint apps, try flashing this.

Swag = ON: Multiupload | Mediafire
Swag = OFF: Multiupload | Mediafire

To re-strip CIQ, you simply need to reflash the ROM (Swag = ON) or Unswagification Pack (Swag = OFF), this will UNDO any other modifications (themes, kernels, etc.) you have made to SOS, though.

Other Add-Ons
These are some other files I use that I had no part in making (like kernels and fonts), but they are flippin' awesome!

Latest Radio Updat(2.15.00.08.0
Recently a new radio update was release for the HTC EVO 4G, be sure to update to it to receive the latest updates for your EVO!

Flashable .zip

When flashing this file, recovery will tell you to reboot. Do this by going back to recovery's main screen and selection Reboot (at the top). Then a weird updating phone thingy will pop up. Then it will go back to recovery and you can reboot again and you'll be good to go. Warning: Do not pull your battery or perform a radio update on a low battery. Let the installation complete. Failure to do so could result in you bricking your EVO (you have been warned). Also: It is a good idea to back up your WiMAX keys. This G&E article should help you out.

Splash Screen
This is NOT a flashable .zip, follow the instructions below. White-on-black Splash Screen (looks great with the boot animation for SOS):

PC36IMG.zip

Place this file on the root of your SD card, use the 4-in-1 reboot mod to reboot into the bootloader, select BOOTLOADER, press volume up to confirm install, then volume up again to reboot, enjoy! Make sure the file is name "PC36IMG.zip" and not something like "PC36IMG (1).zip" or it won't flash. Thanks to JSZESZE for the splash screen and thepiecesfit for making this PC36IMG.zip

Amon RA Recovery
Using ROM Manager, an app included with SOS, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the in-app options. The first-to-last option (under "More Recoveries") will read "Flash Alternative Recovery." Use this to flash Amon RA Recovery.

swagstr personally recommends manually downloading SOS and using Amon's recovery over ClockworkMod. However, ROM Manager is so damn easy! So the choice is really up to you

Last edited by pfcland; 10-22-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pfcland is a n00b
Q&A, Changes, and Work-in-progress
Q&A

Q: Why is my WiFi not working?

A: You are having a kernel related issue, Swag = ON users should re-flash the Freedom kernel. swagstr recommends the stock Freedom kernel. Swag = OFF users, here is the stock kernel to re-flash.

Q: Why does Superuser keep force closing all the damn time!?

A: The old uninstall updates trick won't work on the RC2 update of SOS because I foolishly included just the latest version of SU. Sh_t. Well, for those of you out there that like your Superuser working, here's one of two fixes for ya.
  1. (May want to clear data first - directions below) In Superuser: Preferences > Automatic Response > Allow > Done
  2. Permanent solution (kinda): Flash this and flash this at the same time. This will get you the classic Superuser (that doesn't suck). (First file is the Superuser app, the second is it's bin file)

Q: Why is [an app] FC'g (Force Closing) all the time?

A: There is a fix. It is quite common that some apps (Market, Superuser, Camera) may need it and this fix is actually required for the ICS Google Music. Before I get to the fix, if Gmail or Facebook or something else that shouldn't be FC'g is FC'g - you need to wipe and re-flash. The fix: Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > then either use the Downloaded tab for apps you would get from the Market (like Google Music) or All for system apps (like Superuser and Market) > find the misbehaving app and select it > select Force stop (if this is an option you can select) > (magic step) then hit Clear data (don't worry these apps either don't carry much data, or sync with the cloud, you won't be losing anything important) > you should be good, but a reboot wouldn't hurt > Enjoy!

Q: Why am I having random reboots/bootloops?

A: There is a 90% chance this is kernel related. Try using the stock Freedom kernel. If this doesn't work, the other 9% of the time, you need to re-wipe/re-flash the ROM. PFC put together a good tutorial on how to properly wipe (be sure to use Amon RA Recovery to wipe).

Q: I think something went wrong with a dock theme. How do I get back to the stock dock?

A: Easiest way is to flash this dock reset-er. You should be good now

More to come...

Changelog

Updated changelog can be found here.

WIPs
  • Unknown – AOSP-looking dock
  • Jaysus - Volume keys to take pictures
Let me know if you have any requests!

Last edited by pfcland; 10-22-2011 at 01:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pfcland is a n00b
Reserved for op

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2011, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rnunez is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM 10.21] ¦ Swagged Out Stock V1.9.0.5 RC2.1 ¦ 4.53 ¦ Superuser FC Fixed

I love the ROM,but HDMI out does not work.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thanks so much for posting this Rom. I've tried a few of the releases and really enjoyed them. Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rnunez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnunez View Post
I love the ROM,but HDMI out does not work.

I reloaded the Freedom kernel and that fixed the problem.This is a great ROM. Thanks for all the hard work.

Last edited by rnunez; 10-22-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pfcland is a n00b
Alright guys I been working on something with the boot and I want yall to test it out and tell me what yall think .

Warning this is explicit use at your own agression and no this has NOTHING to do with porno graphic material. It's actually music just got some cursing in it .

Download from this link

http://www.multiupload.com/7ANXQEFX3Q

To install this requires no flash just a reboot

1. Download the File (DO NOT CHANGE FILE NAME OR THIS WON'T WORK)
2. Use Root Explorer or whatever other file manager you got . I preferred if you use Root Explore but others will do .
3. Locate The file you just downloaded named SPC_animation_final.mp3
Click on it and hold till a option pops up saying MOVE .
4. Click Move then press the back key
5. Then press the back key again to get out of SD card
6. Locate SYSTEM
7. Click on it
8. Locate CUSTOMIZE
9. Click on it
10. Locate RESOURCES
11. Click on it
12. Scroll Down make sure there is not a file named
SPC_animation_final.mp3 already in there if there is delete it .
13. Then Click PASTE
14. that's it your done
15. Reboot your phone and pay attetion to your boot screen

Some word of advice make sure your phone volume is down cause it will be loud if not but if you don't care just reboot .

Alright guys hope you like the song I pick because I think that is what might be in SOS RC2.3 and the Rom will be called check out my swag .

Tell me what you guys think

P.S. this shouldt mess up the Rom but just incase your not sure make a nandroid backup .

PFC Land Team Swag

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development