PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboll View Post
i'm running into a problem with the browser, when i try to watch a video on you tube the whole entire browser closes on me and goes to the home screen like if i pressed the home buttom any way how to fix this??
I have that same problem on a few sites. Not every site though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I have that same problem on a few sites. Not every site though.

I've had quite a few force closes. Regardless of what I do sometimes the phone closes the app I'm using and restarts sense. Idk if thats the same issue you guys are having. Seems like a low memory problem even though I should have plenty of memory available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uk3 View Post
i just realized my mms is not working. anyone else? any ideas?
My mms works but on WiFi it takes about 15-30 minutes to send. Sends well on 3g
Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Beast Rooted & Unleash!!
Carrier: sprint

turboll is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
I've had quite a few force closes. Regardless of what I do sometimes the phone closes the app I'm using and restarts sense. Idk if thats the same issue you guys are having. Seems like a low memory problem even though I should have plenty of memory available.

My mms works but on WiFi it takes about 15-30 minutes to send. Sends well on 3g
well that's not the problem for me im not getting force close on any programs! only with the browser.. dunno why and about mms has anyone try handcent?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboll View Post
i'm running into a problem with the browser, when i try to watch a video on you tube the whole entire browser closes on me and goes to the home screen like if i pressed the home buttom any way how to fix this??
@OMJ ... fyi, the browser was fixed by EVOKings in Leoisright's thread ... and Mik is about to drop v1.0

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
u must have extreme use.....I use the stock battery, and it never dies....I almost always have 50+% by end of day
Could it be attributed to 6 Gmail accounts + 1 IMAP + 1 Exchange account constantly getting pushed (well IMAP gets checked every 30 minutes)?

It could also be the cheap cells from the cheap 3500mah batteries I bought from ebay (couldnt afford the seido at that time). Ill try swapping to stock for a day or so to see if i kill that as well.

On another note. I was so happy to see the video icon on GTALK. But it totally FCs on me when I try to initiate a video chat session (and instantly starts GTALK again). Weird, huh?

I know I can use other apps (primarily yahoo messenger w/the video plug in works great) but most of my family uses GTALK.

Thanks for the hard work OMJ
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
OMJ-

I checked out the MikG v0.59 rom today. Fully working 3.0 lock screens (yes all of the 3.0 lock screens). The only major issue i ran into with it was the ole phantom voicemail notifications that won't go away. The tape icon AND the 9016 texts on this one.
3.0 lockscreen w/ all the shortcuts????

I'd live w/ the vm issue to have a fully functioning 3.0 lock.....I need to go check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Could it be attributed to 6 Gmail accounts + 1 IMAP + 1 Exchange account constantly getting pushed (well IMAP gets checked every 30 minutes)?

It could also be the cheap cells from the cheap 3500mah batteries I bought from ebay (couldnt afford the seido at that time). Ill try swapping to stock for a day or so to see if i kill that as well.

On another note. I was so happy to see the video icon on GTALK. But it totally FCs on me when I try to initiate a video chat session (and instantly starts GTALK again). Weird, huh?

I know I can use other apps (primarily yahoo messenger w/the video plug in works great) but most of my family uses GTALK.

Thanks for the hard work OMJ
1. definitely....though I have 3 IMAP account (checks every hr) + 1 gmail (push) + 1 exchange (push)

2. definitely....I dont trust those cheap batteries

3. yeah, someone else mentioned google voice chat doing that but I havent tested

@Vancer thx bro, gonna go check it out....maybe it will fix some of these issues
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
when u check the box in settings/display, that's the stock android lock not sense 3.0
Ahh it gets better... let me check it out. Thanks agian
Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:

@Vancer thx bro, gonna go check it out....maybe it will fix some of these issues
Hey OMJ. Check out Zone23's as well. Been on this for about a week without any issues. MMS works great on both 3g and wifi. No camera issues and flash video is working....not causing browser crashes.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Hey OMJ. Check out Zone23's as well. Been on this for about a week without any issues. MMS works great on both 3g and wifi. No camera issues and flash video is working....not causing browser crashes.
yeah, but Zone's ROMs are similar to mine....just a tweaked version of another base.....I prefer to cut out the middleman

does he have the full 3.0 lockscreen?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
yeah, but Zone's ROMs are similar to mine....just a tweaked version of another base.....I prefer to cut out the middleman

does he have the full 3.0 lockscreen?
He does have the 3.0 lockscreen standard, but it doesn't open up apps yet. Is that what you're asking?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development