PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Finally got around to flashing it this morning... totally loving it!
Good work!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Beast Rooted & Unleash!!
Carrier: sprint

turboll is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
Im replying tethering @ this moment....

works for me...
well i removed the yellow one and downloaded the green one from the market and it worked perfect thankz
Old 05-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Metro PCS

nateperez is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
the sense 3.0 lockscreen u were using, did the shortcuts work? if so, was the lockscreen included in misfits rom or did u install after? The version I was using, the shortcuts didn't work.

yep, almost done....if not tonight, it will be tomorrow
Hey OMJ I downloaded your ROM on my EVO today but the internet isnt working. Im on Metro PCS. Can you tell me how to fix this?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

rhamburger is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateperez View Post
Hey OMJ I downloaded your ROM on my EVO today but the internet isnt working. Im on Metro PCS. Can you tell me how to fix this?
My guess is it's an issue with metro pcs, not the ROM. Some of my coworkers have metro pcs and I hear them mentioning data service goes down a lot.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:30 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xartic View Post
Hey OMJ I wanted to thank you for giving us this awesome ROM! I love it!

The only thing I cant get to work is the speech-to-text. Every time I try to use it the microphone does not show any activity as if it were hearing my voice and it just stays there as if I was not talking at all. Let me know if there is a fix for this or if its something I will need to deal with for now. Other than that everything runs perfect.

Thanks again!
it seems to be very sensitive, almost like there can't be any background noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Anyone else get fc's in the weather channel app when trying to load radar? Think every odex rom has done this.
I havent seen any

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
OMJ did that Netflix fix work for you? I haven't updated to the latest GB ROM yet. I did try that fix and it still won't play the movies. It just kicks me out. Works perfect on my wifes stock EVO. I will probably update ROM tomorrow. Thanks for all your work!
I dis not try the fix....the fix is really for non-supported phones, EVO is supported.....our issue is w/ the GB kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I'm still using OMJ_EVO_2.3.3_Gingerbread_v5.0_odexed-signed.zip - I haven't updated to v1.3 because this one actually has 4G running for me. This screen brightness really is killing my battery, I use both my 3500mah batteries to last a day. Sound about right? (I use the hell out of my phone) - I used to last 1.5 days on two batteries on froyo
u must have extreme use.....I use the stock battery, and it never dies....I almost always have 50+% by end of day

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDmospd View Post
I wonder what the difference is between this apk and just going to Settings/Display and checking the box... I had the old lock screen at first and then I went to settings/Disply and click the check box and the new lockscreen worked. Is there a NEWER screen???

OMJ,

Nice Rom... Thanks
thx....

when u check the box in settings/display, that's the stock android lock not sense 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by busventinc View Post
Omj on 1.3 USB tether not working just tried it and says I need to get a subscription through USB is the only way I can use it I don't use wifi is there a fix for it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I havent seen a hacked version yet...amikam did hack the sprint hotspot but he said usb tether is not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Works fine untill reboot.

Omj- permanent flashable odex lockscreen zip was posted on miks forum and it works beyond reboots.
thx for the heads up.....

for those wanting the sense 3.0 odex lockscreen, I have it attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepticVillager View Post
Nice rom, love Sense 2.1, 4G works very nicely, but I have a few other issues. Sorry if these are posted already but I didn't see them:

1) Some apps immediately force-close on boot. Example: ShootMe. I haven't had this issue on any other ROM. Is this a Sense 2.1 compatibility thing? The built-in Weather app sometimes force-closes and sometimes works.

2) Stock messaging app no longer has an option to limit the number of saved messages. I used to have mine set at 200, now they just keep piling up.

3) System clock will randomly run fast, even though it is set to sync with the network. I'll let it run for awhile, then look and it will be like 9-10 minutes fast. If I go to Date and Time settings, uncheck Automatic, then check it again it corrects itself. Then sometimes it will get fast again, sometimes it won't. Seems to be at random.

Any thoughts?
1. I havent ran into any apps fc'ing.....try using screenshot
2. not sure, i'll have to check
3. I saw that too, but not sure why it doing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgebusta View Post
CM7 is a GB build. I know one of the nightlies fixed the screen brighness issue with EVO's...I had to go back to CM7 for now because of the screen brightness took out my 1500 and 3500 battery yesterday with light use in under 6 hours. I love the ROM OMJ, but just cannot have my battery draining that quickly. If I find out what was fixed on the CM7 nightly I will post it here...maybe its something simple...maybe not. Cause OMJ GB rom was a lot more stable than my CM7 has been.

my $0.02 worth.
cool....if u find the fix, pls post man....I'll keep my eyes open too

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboll View Post
well i removed the yellow one and downloaded the green one from the market and it worked perfect thankz
hmm, for some reason, the yellow version isnt working for some ppl....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateperez View Post
sorry but I know nothing about getting service to work on other carriers, I would suggest searching to see if there's any changes u need to make
Old 05-29-2011, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

busventinc is becoming a great contributor

Originaly posted by OMJ:
I havent seen a hacked version yet...amikam did hack the sprint hotspot but he said usb tether is not working

That sucks going to have to go back to 1.2 was working on that one can you tell me what his original thread was so I can take a peak every now and then without bugging ya all the time and thanks for the info and great rom too bad i cant use it.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:47 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busventinc View Post
That sucks going to have to go back to 1.2 was working on that one can you tell me what his original thread was so I can take a peak every now and then without bugging ya all the time and thanks for the info and great rom too bad i cant use it.
theMikMik.com • View topic - [MOD] - HotSpot Hack
Old 05-30-2011, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OMJ-

I checked out the MikG v0.59 rom today. Fully working 3.0 lock screens (yes all of the 3.0 lock screens). The only major issue i ran into with it was the ole phantom voicemail notifications that won't go away. The tape icon AND the 9016 texts on this one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Beast Rooted & Unleash!!
Carrier: sprint

turboll is a n00b

i'm running into a problem with the browser, when i try to watch a video on you tube the whole entire browser closes on me and goes to the home screen like if i pressed the home buttom any way how to fix this??
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3deezy!!
Carrier: blah! sprint :/

1uk3 is becoming a great contributor

i just realized my mms is not working. anyone else? any ideas?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development