PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 02:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

I was reading a site about a possible netflix fix, and discovered something....

u can use ES File Explorer to mount /data & /system

after opening ES filer explorer, menu, settings, root options, check the 1st box, I selected HiAPK ROM...I would assume you would only check the 2nd box if u needed write access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch00 View Post
OMJ, thanks for all the great work. Any update on a resolution to the screen brightness issue? It's killing my battery life.

I have installed Screen Filter, but although it dims the appearance of the screen, it does not seem to help with battery life.

Other than that, love the rom!
the brightness bug wont be fixed until HTC releases the source code for the GB kernel.....so until that happens, we just got to deal w/ it (including me).....personally, I don't think the battery drain is all that bad.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Hey OMJ I wanted to thank you for giving us this awesome ROM! I love it!

The only thing I cant get to work is the speech-to-text. Every time I try to use it the microphone does not show any activity as if it were hearing my voice and it just stays there as if I was not talking at all. Let me know if there is a fix for this or if its something I will need to deal with for now. Other than that everything runs perfect.

Thanks again!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else get fc's in the weather channel app when trying to load radar? Think every odex rom has done this.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Dimoand WM6.5
Carrier: SprintPCS

leonidm is becoming a great contributor

Can I install 5/22 ROM on top of 4/26 without backup/format/restore?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I was reading a site about a possible netflix fix, and discovered something....

u can use ES File Explorer to mount /data & /system

after opening ES filer explorer, menu, settings, root options, check the 1st box, I selected HiAPK ROM...I would assume you would only check the 2nd box if u needed write access.

the brightness bug wont be fixed until HTC releases the source code for the GB kernel.....so until that happens, we just got to deal w/ it (including me).....personally, I don't think the battery drain is all that bad.

OMJ did that Netflix fix work for you? I haven't updated to the latest GB ROM yet. I did try that fix and it still won't play the movies. It just kicks me out. Works perfect on my wifes stock EVO. I will probably update ROM tomorrow. Thanks for all your work!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
Can I install 5/22 ROM on top of 4/26 without backup/format/restore?
I wouldn't recommend it. Two different ports. I wipe no matter what on every new ROM flash. Why take the risk of screwing something up?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Dimoand WM6.5
Carrier: SprintPCS

leonidm is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
I wouldn't recommend it. Two different ports. I wipe no matter what on every new ROM flash. Why take the risk of screwing something up?
Hi Uofajac,
Thank you for your answer.
>Two different ports.
I thought this is the same port with minor changes - am i wrong?

How do you do backup/restore on gingerbread? Titanium? what about home-screens restore?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidm View Post

How do you do backup/restore on gingerbread? Titanium? what about home-screens restore?
I used TB to restore all apps from a Froyo rom AND the following which surprised me since I went Froyo-GB...

Text and MMS
Call log/history