PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 04:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

I've updated the SS on post #1

I'm kinda diggin the stock lockscreen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by angkof View Post
i've downloaded your latest rom three different times now but everytime i install it, it gets stuck in a boot loop, i did wipe everythin, i don't know what else to try
odd, have u had this problem on any other ROMs?

Last edited by OMJ; 05-24-2011 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

angkof is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

never had this problem before, i know the file is good because i just used it to flash my friends phone and it worked, we were both on the same rom (V5.0) and we're both on same recovery, i don't know what's causing mine to get stuck on boot loop.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Just updated, market is giving me a force close. But its letting me send SMS to email again! Yay!!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

OK Crap!

1.3 was running sweet last night and this morning until about 10:00 am when I noticed my data connection was gone and the cell signal as well (had the x). I think this happened a couple of times on Mik's rom (same as the base OMJ is using) but a re-boot brought everything back. This morning when it happened and I did a re-boot ... boot loop from HELL ! GRRR! Then battery pull, wipe cache and dalvik x2 and re-boot... boot loop from HELL AGAIN! Even more GRRRR!!!!

I had just showed up at the golf course but can't remember if I ran my Golf Logix app before it happened or not but had to do a nand of Mik 4.62 so I could get Golf Logix GPS up and running. When I did so, no more probs with data connection or cell signal and app ran fine for the whole round.

Considering putting 1.3 back on and running the Golf app to see if it repeats that prob in order to troubleshoot a little. Anybody else seen their data connection or cell signal randomly shutting down? (I didn't even have "enable always on mobile data" un-checked b/c I have the 2600 ext batt so I don't need to do so)

On another note: @OMJ or anybody who knows...

Can we add any of the Sense 2.1 pkgs to a 2.2 rom like Mik 4.62? What I would really like is a hybrid b/c I didn't care much for the new 3.0 sms/mms pkg but liked some of the new options in Sense 2.1.

Edit: ... OMJ... or do you have the 2.1 sms/mms apk that I could replace the 3.0 one with? (think I'm about to put the rom back on and do the troubleshooting I mentioned)

Edit 2: After re-installing v1.3 it was the Golf Logix app that is not playing nice with 2.3.3 ... kills the data and cell svc everytime I run the app DAMMIT! I use this app every week GRRR! Really love this rom and hate that I will have to do a nand restore to Mik 4.62 everytime I play golf (pretty much every week)! ... also, I grabbed the 2.1 mms.apk and odex from MikG v0.50 and re-placed it pre-flash and it worked fine

Last edited by Vancer; 05-24-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor

which version of ext is supported with this rom? ext2 or ext3?

edit... tried ext3 and it worked...

Last edited by dottat; 05-24-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

sprintevo is a n00b

Has anyone figured out how to fix the Netflix issue. I was able to use Netflix with Deck's gingerbread ROM, but not with this one.
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor

i'm not able to keep the 3.0 lockscreen on reboot..anyone else having that issue?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
i'm not able to keep the 3.0 lockscreen on reboot..anyone else having that issue?
Same here. I also can't get mms to send

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

First, I have been running the 5.0 rom for some time and has been solid as hell. The new 2.1 roms is great, big improvement from the last. So far so good. Thank You

As far at netflix I cant get anything to stream but I was having that problem on 5.0 as well.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Had that issue as well... you need to use root explorer to copy and replace the htclockscreen.apk in system/app after you enable the stock android lockscreen like OMJ said. Then once you get it replaced, go to the permissions of the apk while still in system/app and make sure only the following permissions are checked:

Owner: read and write
Group: read
Others: read

Make sure root explorer is in mount as r/w mode when you do this (it should already be or you couldn't have overwritten the file) so that the permissions will actually re-set. Then re-boot, go into setting and change the lockscreen again... you will have the 3.0 lockscreen and it will stay after re-boot.

I had to do this for it to work. I assume you could also push it with ADB which is probably what OMJ did but It's just quicker for me to do it this way since I'm on the road a lot and don't always have my computer to plug into.

Edit: Just tried this again after a re-install of 1.3 and didn't have any luck ... weird? Done messing with it for now , may try again later and if I get it to work I will re-post

Last edited by Vancer; 05-25-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development