PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongatta View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I am trying this Rom out and have noticed I am not getting notified of new voicemails. Any ideas. Any help appreciated
I noticed when I didnt install the 3.0 lockscreen I was getting notice of a text message through the blinking light. When I installed the lockscreen, Im no longer getting the SMS message and Im using Handcent. Im gonna try a couple more texts with the lockscreen and then reflash without the lockscreen to make sure this is the issue.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

have you guys seen this article on the evo 3d being locked? looks like i'll be hanging in there with the evo 4g for another year or so.
Confirmed: EVO 3D’s Bootloader, Recovery, and Kernel Images All Locked Down | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police
Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
have you guys seen this article on the evo 3d being locked? looks like i'll be hanging in there with the evo 4g for another year or so.
Confirmed: EVO 3D’s Bootloader, Recovery, and Kernel Images All Locked Down | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police
Dislike. This is a bunch of crap.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

OMJ, you going to stick w/the OG of EVO now?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me!? Damn it HTC! The coolest thing about my phone is that I get to hang out in here and try new ROM's. I don't think I'm gonna switch if it's locked.

My upgrade is on 6/18, so hopefully I'll have a couple weeks to wait and see if the community can get it rooted.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Everyone needs to start flooding their facebook page expressing their .
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

https://www.facebook.com/HTC

I just commented. Bullshit HTC!!

So what now? Nexus S 4G?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Galaxy S2!!!!! Can't wait! Now all I have to do is convince OMJ to jump on board and I'm set. Haha.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I'm using 1.90_003 - Mine's working pretty well - will update to v1.3 later on tonight. Should I mess w/the PRI or leave it as is?

Also, is there away to backup my mail account settings (gmail & mail) as opposed to re-entering it every time? I used to get lazy and flash over without wiping but I don't wanna do that. and I can't use titanium backup w/the new GB builds, right?

As always, thanks
I would stay @ 1.90, unless your awake/up are the same, then downgrade to 1.77

I just rebuild my account everytime....but I found a shortcut . I added my ISP email settings in the \system\customize\MNS\default.xml file so all I have to do is enter the email addy & password, then it automatically sets up the account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellmod2k View Post
I noticed that the front camera isn't working. Anyone else with this problem? I've removed the battery and rebooted but to no avail...

Any tips?
which ROM?

just tested on v1.3, working here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
1.3 running sweet! Thanks OMJ!

How do you/is it possible to add stuff to the 3.0 lockscreen to drag the ring to and launch it? Or does this ported version not have that functionality?

Also, do u think I could take the notification bubble from the 3.0 sms/mms, re-name it and Morph it into the mail apk so the two would match?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I wish...those features in 3.o lockscreen would be cool, but they don't work....I keep hearing that someone looking into it but havent seen any results....

not sure about the icon, give it a try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongatta View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I am trying this Rom out and have noticed I am not getting notified of new voicemails. Any ideas. Any help appreciated
I just tested on v1.3, VM working here.....actually it's nice to have VVM working out of the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
OMJ-

Would it be possible to include the menu animations from the misfit battery mod? Not sure how he tied those in..
i'm not familiar w/ that....I'll have to look into it

Quote:
I havent read this article but read elsewhere that they are signed....I think the kicker is if they are encrypted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
OMJ, you going to stick w/the OG of EVO now?
nah, I'll probably still get the 3D, but I probably wont sell my EVO for at least 30 days, just in case

Last edited by OMJ; 05-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

angkof is a n00b

i've downloaded your latest rom three different times now but everytime i install it, it gets stuck in a boot loop, i did wipe everythin, i don't know what else to try
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development