PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SuperFeen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I'm not sure how much time i'll have tomorrow, so i'll post the rom tonight....since this is a odexed rom, it has the stock lockscreen, i'll try to include the 3.0 lockscreen in next rls.

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ...1.3-signed.zip

3.0 Lockscreen: Install the attached apk....

To install if not showing after installation:

Go to Settings, Display and select Stock Android Lockscreen, then install HTCLockscreen.apk which is attached below (it'll update previous lockscreen). Once completed go back to and deselect, new lockscreen should be working now.
just flashed and I noticed I can't adjust the screen brightness, is there a fix?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Bummer, handcent still not showing led notifications.
that is a bummer. i'm thinking about giving wimax notifier another shot, but it was very buggy when i tested it out in the fall.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Awesome rom!

might just be be but feels little slow when scrolling left to right ( older OMJ roms seem nappier) No biggy I can live with it - might just be a gingerbread thing.

has anyone be able to send pictures taken with the phone? mines failed twice.. no luck.

I click the Wifi Tether app and it seems to be working for me.
everything else seems to be working nice. Didn't try Great Work OMJ!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
Awesome rom!

has anyone be able to send pictures taken with the phone? mines failed twice.. no luck.

OMJ!
I had trouble as well. Make sure your on 3g only. Turn off wifi. I had to play with it a bit to get mms to go. Try snapping a picture from your messenger and sending. Also try using the menu button and attach vs just using the attach button in the messenger. Once you get it to work the first time, it will work from there on out.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO Rooted!

kshimizu47 is a n00b

Don't know if anyone else has this problem but my Contacts Associated with Facebook Contacts have a really blurry really bad quality picture on caller id. I tried searching through the threat but found nothing on this.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
if u are on the OMJ_EVO_2.3.3_Gingerbread_v5.0_odexed-signed.zip ROM, you should use the correct file for battery percent....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...attpercent.zip
Tried that, but didn't work. No worries, I'll be updating to the latest version this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Hindjew. Just flash OMJ's latest sense 2.1 v1.3. It's way better and the battery percent comes with it.
I'm used to seeing the newest most updated one on the first post by OMJ, that's why I'm running this outdated version.

On a side note I found v1.2 on the second post, but couldn't find v1.3 - what am i missing (other than eyesight)

Quote:
One more thing on the new v1.3. The new yellow WiFi tether that was included did not work for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the old green wireless tether app. It's now working great. Not sure what was up with that. Could be user error.
Ill keep this in the back of my mind whenever I do get to this version. I use the heck out of wireless tether
Old 05-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I'm not sure how much time i'll have tomorrow, so i'll post the rom tonight....since this is a odexed rom, it has the stock lockscreen, i'll try to include the 3.0 lockscreen in next rls.

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ...1.3-signed.zip

3.0 Lockscreen: Install the attached apk....

To install if not showing after installation:

Go to Settings, Display and select Stock Android Lockscreen, then install HTCLockscreen.apk which is attached below (it'll update previous lockscreen). Once completed go back to and deselect, new lockscreen should be working now.
Here it is hindjew. He posted it last night. Page #37, post #367. Download the htclockscreen apk as well. Follow instructions. It's tight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

well I attempted several times to add the sense 3.0 lockscreen to v1.3 w/ no luck....so it will just have to be installed post flash....so with that said, v1.3 will remain unchanged, and I'll update post #2 (actually I'm switching it to post #1

Quote:
Hindjew. Just flash OMJ's latest sense 2.1 v1.3. It's way better and the battery percent comes with it.
good suggestion!

Quote:
One more thing on the new v1.3. The new yellow WiFi tether that was included did not work for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the old green wireless tether app. It's now working great. Not sure what was up with that. Could be user error.
hmmm, I tested it b4 uploading.....I just tested again, workin here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Why not just use the Sprint hotspot under quick settings?

I dont think this odex version is hacked....plus, it doesnt work w/ 4g....at least it didn't a few months ago....Wifi Tether is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFeen View Post
just flashed and I noticed I can't adjust the screen brightness, is there a fix?

the brightness bug is only on certain screens (I have it too), the bug is only on GB ROMs, it's a problem in the leaked GB EVO kernel....once the source is released, there will be a fix out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
Awesome rom!

might just be be but feels little slow when scrolling left to right ( older OMJ roms seem nappier) No biggy I can live with it - might just be a gingerbread thing.

I click the Wifi Tether app and it seems to be working for me.
everything else seems to be working nice. Didn't try Great Work OMJ!
to me it feels snappier than v1.2 which had a different base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshimizu47 View Post
Don't know if anyone else has this problem but my Contacts Associated with Facebook Contacts have a really blurry really bad quality picture on caller id. I tried searching through the threat but found nothing on this.
not sure man.....only thing I could suggest is delete the facebook account, then re-add

Last edited by OMJ; 05-23-2011 at 04:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Here it is hindjew. He posted it last night. Page #37, post #367. Download the htclockscreen apk as well. Follow instructions. It's tight.
Thanks bro - I'm used to seeing the latest and greatest on the 1st page and I tend to skim a few pages randomly to see what I've missed. We were at 35 pages when I decided that GB would be a good try and I didnt have the time to go through em all (poor excuse). All in all, thanks for the help and rapid responses.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

OMJ, noticed your screen shot shows a 1.90 PRI version. Does this rom fix the awake and up times now?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development