PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 01:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

makaveli is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 6/7/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
OMJ's EVO 2.3.3 GingerBread w/ Sense 2.1 v1.8!!!
Odexed - NEW Stock Kernel

(If you get garbage on the Download link, right click on the link, save as)

DOWNLOAD

6/20 Updates Sense 2.1 v1.8

-Based on Amikams v2.0 beta ReEngineered base (Thx Amikam!)
-Based on official Speedy (Shift) OTA
-per amikam...ram should be much much better and overall system performance should be improved

seems to be running very smooth....

Rom looks Awesome! Is HDMI working on this new release?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android (Evo 3D)

dchamero is just getting started
FIX for Brightness issue AFTER using the camera!!!!!!

Ok, looks like there is a fix for the brightness bug that made the brightness go to 100% after using the camera! (it was the only issue I had on the rom).

After trying everything to no avail, I stumbled upon a post on Mik's forum, and following it, I discovered that it really fixes it!!!

Let me quote the instructions:

Guys I have seen this too but this is what fixed it for me. I use automatic brightness and it kept becoming unchecked and the display went full brightness. So I went into settings\power\ I then selected enable power saver and then went into power saver settings. I then made sure screen brightness was checked and selected it as automatic. For some off reason it is working perfect now. I have wiped cache and dav as well and the brightness does not come on full blast and the automatic brightness does not become unchecked on its own.

Anyway, give it a try!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.22.651.2 | *Updated 6/20/11*

For what it's worth gang.. i was on v1.7 and upgraded to v1.8 by just wiping both caches and flashing. No issues came from it and all seems well. There definitely is more free ram.. no joke about that.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.22.651.2 | *Updated 6/20/11*

OMJ Great ROM!!!
Will you be using the new update that is coming out?
Also, where are the boot screen and sound files stored at? I would like to put my own on there, but need a starting point in which to find them.
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
First of all, thanks OMJ for all your work. (And, I had few to no problems with the 1.7 version.)

I did a full wipe before the installatio of 1.8. (Using ZZSuperwipe (sp?))

The installation seemed to go fine, and everything booted up well and my google data synced fine.

But, while loading my apps, I've experienced a lot of FCs when trying to use some of the my apps. None of these caused problems in 1.7.

I redownloaded the apps from both the Market and the Amazon App Store, and started from scratch. I did not use Titanium Backup or similar apps to reinstall anything.

Specifically, I'm crashing using Tweetdeck, Poynt, WeatherBug Elite, NECN weather. I might have similar issues with other apps, but I'm in the process loading my apps and these were the initial problems I detected. I did not have a problem with all of the my apps, however. For instance, Pocket Informant, the new Google Music, PowerAMP, etc. all seemed to work fine.

I've tried deleting all data and cache for the misbehaving apps, and have uninstalled and reinstalled them, to no avail. Usually, the FC happens upon opening/starting the app.

Thanks and hopefully someone will be able to provide an explanation/solution/fix.

-- Andrew
well like I said b4, most issues are due to bad flashes. I havent seen a single FC.....recommend wiping/superwiping again & flashing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
Rom looks Awesome! Is HDMI working on this new release?
thx...no, I dont believe it is because it is ported from the Evo Shift which does not have hdmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
For what it's worth gang.. i was on v1.7 and upgraded to v1.8 by just wiping both caches and flashing. No issues came from it and all seems well. There definitely is more free ram.. no joke about that.
though this will work, it will use more space in the /data partition. reason is....v1.7 had everything from /system/customize & /system/media moved to /data then symlinked back to /system. this was to save space in the system partition. v1.8 has all those files back in /system, so without wiping data, u will have those files duplicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
OMJ Great ROM!!!
Will you be using the new update that is coming out?
Also, where are the boot screen and sound files stored at? I would like to put my own on there, but need a starting point in which to find them.
Thanks!
yeah, once the new ota comes out, I'll build a rom from it.....as it will be one of my last

boot screen (spc_bootanimation.zip) is located @ \system\customize\resource . this is also the location u would put the boot audio file.

the other system audio files are located @ \system\media\audio\
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
First of all, thanks OMJ for all your work. (And, I had few to no problems with the 1.7 version.)

I did a full wipe before the installatio of 1.8. (Using ZZSuperwipe (sp?))

The installation seemed to go fine, and everything booted up well and my google data synced fine.

But, while loading my apps, I've experienced a lot of FCs when trying to use some of the my apps. None of these caused problems in 1.7.

I redownloaded the apps from both the Market and the Amazon App Store, and started from scratch. I did not use Titanium Backup or similar apps to reinstall anything.

Specifically, I'm crashing using Tweetdeck, Poynt, WeatherBug Elite, NECN weather. I might have similar issues with other apps, but I'm in the process loading my apps and these were the initial problems I detected. I did not have a problem with all of the my apps, however. For instance, Pocket Informant, the new Google Music, PowerAMP, etc. all seemed to work fine.

I've tried deleting all data and cache for the misbehaving apps, and have uninstalled and reinstalled them, to no avail. Usually, the FC happens upon opening/starting the app.

Thanks and hopefully someone will be able to provide an explanation/solution/fix.

-- Andrew
In the same boat as you. I wiped 3 times etc. Some of the apps were able to be reloaded from market after TB messed up. The one I cant get to work is Gasbuddy.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Where is superwipe?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Where is superwipe?

attached....
Attached Files
File Type: zip VR_SUPERWIPE.zip (2.7 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

really liking the new rom,
although i miss the old drop down curtain switches especially the display brightness one, is there a way to add and remove options to the quick settings menu?

here's my list of force closing apps

super manager (even get periodic random force close messages from super manager while using phone, "process.gpc.myweb.hinet.net taskmanager")
google goggles
walmart
shootme
yahoo messenger (and the audio/video plugin)
netflix (delayed force close, just black screen for a minute or so)
yelp

Last edited by av8or; 06-20-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
attached....
And this will not format your SD card will it? Don't need that happening.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development