PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: go EVO go EVO go..go EVO go..EVO..EVO..
Carrier: Sprint

cyespocket is keeping up the good workcyespocket is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cyespocket
Re: [5-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.1][Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
thank you kindly sir...
Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ZepticVillager is a n00b

Nice, this works even better than 1.0. Wimax concerns are a thing of the past... this is as smooth as can be. Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
There really are not many bugs to fix on this ROM...(don't flame if I missed some)...MMS issue seems to be isolated...I was sending and receiving with no issues today on 1.1. I prefer Tiamat 3.3.7 on this ROM...and am getting ridiculous batt life. Seen an earlier post reporting 30+hrs...that does not shock me. I'm a heavy user...can't keep my hands off my EVO...almost constant data since i have facebook and twidroyd getting pushed notifications...pulse getting pushed data...I can have close to 24 hours of batt life.

Deck has done wonders on this ROM...looking forward to eventual 720p video recording.
I agree these are not fixes that he has to do but improvements as far as I am concerned. I see a few people with issues which for the life of me I never seem to have. My battery life has improved with a few tweaks here and there. I go into battery use and click on Android system and have removed a couple apk's from my system/app folder that I do not need that show up Included packages section. Seems to have helped and less running in background
Old 05-07-2011, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
I just noticed that sometimes the gps icon stays on the notification bar even after exiting like navigation. I reboot and it goes away.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.

Last edited by BrooMann; 05-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

karatche is a n00b

So it must be another kernel besides stock that is givin 30 hours of battery life. I charged over night and am at 50% with almost no use at 11am.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatche View Post
So it must be another kernel besides stock that is givin 30 hours of battery life. I charged over night and am at 50% with almost no use at 11am.
If your phone can handle an SBC kernel try either Tiamat 3.3.7 or SavageZen 2.10, both give great battery life.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo-Deck 1.2 - Gingerbread 2.3.4

Mac-Evo542 is just getting started

Just want to report that I restored back to sense rom and did the gps fix, (just precautionary), got a gps lock, rebooted into recovery and wiped cache, dalvik, and wiped data/system recovery 3 times each, then flashed 1.1, the newest g-apps, and Tiamat 4.0.1 SBC+ kernel, rebooted and set it up how I wanted it with apps and what not. Everything is working great and the phone is very responsive, smooth, and peppier than it's ever been. I rebooted into recovery made a nandroid backup, then flashed the new radios, and reflashed the Tiamat 4.0.1 SBC+ kernel. Phone is working perfect with no issues whatsoever. I can't report battery life yet on Tiamat 4.0.1 SBC+ kernel, but seems to be pretty good. However I don't think battery life is quite as good as Tiamat 3.3.7 SBC+, but will report back after phone settles a bit. I am a very heavy user with multiple things syncing/running in the background at all times! I used to be a big fan of the iPhone and had every iPhone since the beginning. I missed the hell out of my iPhone until I stumbled upon Deck's Rom's and now I have an iPhone killa!!! I can't thank you enough Deck!!!

Last edited by Mac-Evo542; 05-07-2011 at 11:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Evo542 View Post
Just want to report that I restored back to sense rom and did the gps fix, (just precautionary), got a gps lock, rebooted into recovery and wiped cache, dalvik, and wiped data/system recovery 3 times each, then flashed 1.1, the newest g-apps, and Tiamat 4.0.1 SBC+ kernel, rebooted and set it up how I wanted it with apps and what not. Everything is working great and the phone is very responsive, smooth, and peppier than it's ever been. I rebooted into recovery made a nandroid backup, then flashed the new radios, and reflashed the Tiamat 4.0.1 SBC+ kernel. Phone is working perfect with no issues whatsoever. I can't report battery life yet on Tiamat 4.0.1 SBC+ kernel, but seems to be pretty good. However I don't think battery life is quite as good as Tiamat 3.3.7 SBC+, but will report back after phone settles a bit. I am a very heavy user with multiple things syncing/running in the background at all times! I used to be a big fan of the iPhone and had every iPhone since the beginning. I missed the hell out of my iPhone until I stumbled upon Deck's Rom's and now I have an iPhone killa!!! I can't thank you enough Deck!!!
Wanted to thank u for taking the plunge with the latest Tiamat kernel. I'm still rocking 3.3.7 on my 1.1 the ONLY reason I have not moved on is the battery life!! I'm leaving for Afghanistan on Monday and the EVO is coming with me (Wifi, Skype, music, contacts, games...what would I do without a 3G/4G signal...*sigh*) Am definitely interested in how the batt life goes for you.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Wanted to thank u for taking the plunge with the latest Tiamat kernel. I'm still rocking 3.3.7 on my 1.1 the ONLY reason I have not moved on is the battery life!! I'm leaving for Afghanistan on Monday and the EVO is coming with me (Wifi, Skype, music, contacts, games...what would I do without a 3G/4G signal...*sigh*) Am definitely interested in how the batt life goes for you.
I too am a big fan of 3.3.7 and the battery life it yields, but wanted to test the waters with 4.0.1. I will definitely post the results, but like I said, so far, less than 24 hours, I think 3.3.7 still rocks the best battery life! I'll definitely keep you guys posted with the battery life. Btw...I'm a Rom addict and flashaholic but since Deck's Rom I don't have the need to flash Rom's anymore, so I have to flash something to feed my addiction and prevent the shakes! Lmao
Good Luck in Afghanistan!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:02 PM
N00b

I will say one thing I'm bummed about is since flashing to 1.1 the Matted Blues theme no longer works, which sucks cause it's my favorite theme. I like simple and clean! I have tried countless times and just get stuck in a constant bootloop every time....UGH!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development