PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved
Carrier: Sprint

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01
Re: [4-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc8][STABLER]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1084 View Post
with RC8:
-finally 4g is working, and its working well. with every RC until now, including all of the CM7 ones, 4g just sucked on my phone, and I have good 4g coverage.
-GPS still a little sketchy
-4g Notification Power widget is working much better.
-Camera seems to be working a little better.

I want to put SZ on here for the battery but it's working so well that I dont want to change anything
Haha, that's exactly how I feel so far. I am going to let it be for now, but as soon as I feel the battery is lacking hold, then I am going to put SZ on.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
I've been running RC-8 for about 36 hours now, and I have to say, Gingerbread is a great improvement over 2.2, and Deck, as usual, has perfected this release as he always has (in his past device releases). Battery life appears to be at least 50% better for me (with the same usage as on previous Android versions), and I find some of the built in functions of Gingerbread have eliminated some previously necessary utility apps. Using the stock launcher and I find I dont really miss Sense either. Kudos to Google and especially to Deck. Great work Bud!
thank you sir!

Changelog:
Updates to 4G(wimax), should be 100% better.
Updates to gps, (if you have never done the original gps trick, and you are having flakey gps, i would recommend doing the trick and coming back. for myself and all others that have tested for me, once the trick was done previously, it has never needed to be done again. and my gps works perfectly.
Stopped some services that were doing nothing!
Increased throughput for better performance.
Redid the gapps, so flash and others should be fixed.
Lots of others i cant think of at the moment.

-deck
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

First I must say excellent job on this ROM Deck.

There is one feature from HTC Sense I thought I would never miss, but it is one of those items that you don't realize you miss it until it is gone. I am talking about the facebook linked to the contacts. Once this was done and one of your friends updated their facebook picture your phone's contact picture would update also.

this is very minor but if there is a program or this feature is available on GB and I am missing it please let me know. I did not realize I missed this sense feature like I do, but believe me I will not be leaving GB for HTC sense anytime soon.

Great ROM Deck...

Thanks... Tannerj
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
thank you sir!

Changelog:
Updates to 4G(wimax), should be 100% better.
Updates to gps, (if you have never done the original gps trick, and you are having flakey gps, i would recommend doing the trick and coming back. for myself and all others that have tested for me, once the trick was done previously, it has never needed to be done again. and my gps works perfectly.
Stopped some services that were doing nothing!
Increased throughput for better performance.
Redid the gapps, so flash and others should be fixed.
Lots of others i cant think of at the moment.

-deck
Good Deal.
Much appreciated.
This is my everyday ROM and the best ROM I have run to date. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

edisepic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
First I must say excellent job on this ROM Deck.

There is one feature from HTC Sense I thought I would never miss, but it is one of those items that you don't realize you miss it until it is gone. I am talking about the facebook linked to the contacts. Once this was done and one of your friends updated their facebook picture your phone's contact picture would update also.

this is very minor but if there is a program or this feature is available on GB and I am missing it please let me know. I did not realize I missed this sense feature like I do, but believe me I will not be leaving GB for HTC sense anytime soon.

Great ROM Deck...

Thanks... Tannerj
once you log into facebook it asks you what would you like to sync. if you skipped this then reinstall fb or go to settings>accounts and sync and add fb. but it is fully working sense just has more features within the contact
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisepic View Post
once you log into facebook it asks you what would you like to sync. if you skipped this then reinstall fb or go to settings>accounts and sync and add fb. but it is fully working sense just has more features within the contact
correct. all of my contacts are sync with my facebook. i actually think you have more control over everything you can do with android version of facebook. with sense, the friendstream sucked, as you couldnt even see pictures, couldnt like comments, picture comments, it all sucked in sense imho. anyways, you should be able to sync with your contacts just fine. if problems still continues, please reinstall facebook and resync. hope this helps.

-deck
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
correct. all of my contacts are sync with my facebook. i actually think you have more control over everything you can do with android version of facebook. with sense, the friendstream sucked, as you couldnt even see pictures, couldnt like comments, picture comments, it all sucked in sense imho. anyways, you should be able to sync with your contacts just fine. if problems still continues, please reinstall facebook and resync. hope this helps.

-deck

I have seen that and it does work, however the only way I could get it to work is if I went into every contact and told it to use the facebook picture. Is there a place that I can tell facebook to use the contact picture for all contacts. Also I am using launcher pro and it has the friends widget and those do not update pictures. I know deck's ROM does not have launcher pro in it but if there is any other widget that would work.

thanks...tannerj
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
I have seen that and it does work, however the only way I could get it to work is if I went into every contact and told it to use the facebook picture. Is there a place that I can tell facebook to use the contact picture for all contacts. Also I am using launcher pro and it has the friends widget and those do not update pictures. I know deck's ROM does not have launcher pro in it but if there is any other widget that would work.

thanks...tannerj
Sync my pix in the market its free and it works awsome... i kno what u mean about the whole auto update pics and stuff and that app does it

Deck RC8
Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Threadstarter

quick update. battery life should be back. i am already seeing quite an increase already. hopefully we will be seeing the b life from the original rc's.

-deck
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i installed voicemail apk then restored data for app via titanium

getting 9016 notification when receiving a message

This does not work for blocking sms notification? i received the response back that 9016 will be blocked but yet i am still getting the 9016 text message

Originally Posted by Tannerj
To block a number forever you do this...

1. open your text messaging app

2. compose a new message

3. in the "To:" block type in "9999" (minus quotes)

4. in the "body" type "BLOCK 9016" (again minus quotes)

5. Hit Send.... you should receive a message back like this "Text message from "9016" are now blocked"

what t9 searcher for contacts are people using for this ROM

dialerone?
http://www.appbrain.com/app/dialer-one/kz.mek.DialerOne

Last edited by itouch24; 04-06-2011 at 08:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development