PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

eman 04-05-2011 08:37 AM

Re: [3-31-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc7][STABLE-ISM]

Hey Deck, what's the good word with rc8?

percentevo 04-05-2011 09:12 AM

It doesnt lock my phone when the 4g goes in and out. It does however freeze up my data connection while it switches momentarily. I saw that a couple of other people were having this same issue, but I didnt find any resolutions or solutions?

Working with this rom since v3, done battle with the gps, voicemail, roaming and now the finale is 4g(same connect/disconnect issues with all versions).

Any help would be much appreciated!!

percentevo 04-05-2011 09:14 AM

Any one out there that can help with the 4g connect/disconnect issue? PLEASE PLEASE

Quote:

Originally Posted by percentevo (Post 2079311)
My 4g connection drops in and out back and forth with 3g. The odd thing is, when the 4g is connected its got a good connection, so why in the world does it keep droppin?

I have installed the latest radios using the link on the front page. The comment at the top of that page says, "If you have 4G connection issues, be sure to update Profile after updating by going into Settings\System Updates"

Why cant I find that section in my settings? Anyone know how I can update my sprint profile? Thanks!!

jstalford 04-05-2011 10:29 AM

I'm pretty sure CM nightly 35 fixed this. I would imagine RC8 will have the fix built in.

But if you want to update your profile, you have to back this ROM up, wipe, flash a sense ROM, update your profile, wipe, and restore your backup. Can't update your profile/prl from AOSP. Might as well update your PRL while you're at it.

stricklerjosh 04-05-2011 12:34 PM

Looking forward to RC-8 Deck...love this rom...registered on here just so I could talk about it...lol

Omegakai 04-05-2011 04:23 PM

yeah im have the same issue as soon as my 4g signal icon appears it turns right back off it wont even give it the chance to connect, is there any thing else i should try or should i just wait for RC 8, which will have the fix built in it?

snandlal 04-05-2011 10:27 PM

What about this though?? ht*p://deck.psykiroms.com/gingerbread-evo-deck-rc8.zip

rc8 huh? Wimax is fixed on this one. Uncle Jimmy says hello

Your the best Deck!

jorgephnx 04-05-2011 11:56 PM

Hey I really like this rom. My battery life is great. I use my phone for business so most of the day I'm receiving/making calls, texts, checking email, some web browsing and music streaming when possible. I don't use wifi and very seldom I use blutooth. With this rom I can get 10 - 12 hours on a heavy day, and 15 - 20 on a moderate one. I'm more than happy with that, as it is what I was getting with my acase extend battery before this rom. Only issue I have is I don't think the ring tones or notification sounds are loud enough, eve at mas volume, with other roms I keep the volume at the middle, but this I have to have as loud as possible and still are not loud. But that is a really minor thing for me, overall everything works great for me. Thank you deck and everyone else who has contributed.

skydeaner 04-06-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snandlal (Post 2080378)
What about this though?? ht*p://deck.psykiroms.com/gingerbread-evo-deck-rc8.zip

rc8 huh? Wimax is fixed on this one. Uncle Jimmy says hello

Your the best Deck!

hooray for you sire.

deck 04-06-2011 01:25 AM

unfortunately, thats not the rc8 that is about to released. that was a test build for a buddy of mine to help me test, there actually have been quite of few changes and additions to it. I have pulled that for now. I should be releasing it later today (4/6/11). Be on the lookout!

-deck