PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-20-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2f][2.3.4 Beta]

haha. Deck! What are you doing man!? If you keep this up, you're going to move ahead of OMJ on my favorite ROM Chef list!

I've checked out every one of these since 1.2b. I absolutely love it so far. The only thing that makes me flash back to OMJ is I can't get the damn hotspot to work. I've been using the one that's loaded on the ROM and it broadcasts out just fine. The only problem is my laptop and other devices that I connect to it wont connect to the internet. Signal is good. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe a settings issue? I'm an insurance agent, so I do a lot of my appts out of the office. The hotspot is huge for me and my business.

I would really like to make this ROM my daily driver. Any help you dudes can give me would be much appreciated!!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
Ok...lemme get the negatives rolling here...LoL. I've only got 1 that I've noticed so far...4G doesn't turn on when from the power control widget. It does work from the notification bar area. If u turn it on from the notification bar...it lights up in the power control widget and the light turns off when u turn it off from notification bar. Interesting huh? Is it just me? Or does ne1 else have this same problem?

Sent from my Gingerbreaded HTC EVO 4G runnin Deck's 1.1 rom.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Downloading now, however I have no 4g were I live so I will not be able to test that fix.. with all this flashing I have been doing I sure wish this Google backup would get fixed.. installing apps every day is getting really old.... lol. But I still do it because this three best ROM to date...
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
Ok...lemme get the negatives rolling here...LoL. I've only got 1 that I've noticed so far...4G doesn't turn on when from the power control widget. It does work from the notification bar area. If u turn it on from the notification bar...it lights up in the power control widget and the light turns off when u turn it off from notification bar. Interesting huh? Is it just me? Or does ne1 else have this same problem?

Are you running e still or f???

E is having that problem, that's one of the reasons why he rolled F out

Good Luck.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Downloading now, however I have no 4g were I live so I will not be able to test that fix.. with all this flashing I have been doing I sure wish this Google backup would get fixed.. installing apps every day is getting really old.... lol. But I still do it because this three best ROM to date...

I'm sure you are, but you are using Titanium correct. I have to use it, because there is no way I could Flash as much as I do w/o having a breakdown

It's flashers must have. Again, I'm figure you are, but thought I'd ask. I have F flashed, but waiting for all my programs to install before I test anything. All has been fine thus far.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
Are you running e still or f???

E is having that problem, that's one of the reasons why he rolled F out

Good Luck.
I never had this problem on e...but now on f I am having this problem.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
haha. Deck! What are you doing man!? If you keep this up, you're going to move ahead of OMJ on my favorite ROM Chef list!

I've checked out every one of these since 1.2b. I absolutely love it so far. The only thing that makes me flash back to OMJ is I can't get the damn hotspot to work. I've been using the one that's loaded on the ROM and it broadcasts out just fine. The only problem is my laptop and other devices that I connect to it wont connect to the internet. Signal is good. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe a settings issue? I'm an insurance agent, so I do a lot of my appts out of the office. The hotspot is huge for me and my business.

I would really like to make this ROM my daily driver. Any help you dudes can give me would be much appreciated!!
Awesome!! I updated my PRI, NV and Radio and now it works. Deck is now my daily driver. Everything I need works like a charm and I freaking love the fact Deck updates this thing so much. Not that it needs it really, I'm just addicted to flashing. Can't get it enough.

I'll click on those ads for support Deck. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:05 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
titanium backup i couldnt live without it!

-deck

FREE file hosting. UNLIMITED bandwidth. NO wait times. YES, 0 wait times. UNLIMITED downloads.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

chrisfales is a n00b

First, the rom is awesome and loving it! I have the 4G issue as well. I can turn it on in the setting menu but not from power widget. Looks like it works and turns green but never actually does. It remains unchecked in the menu settings.

Also, I activated the androidian theme and lost the widgets in the notification bar. Is this supposed to happen??? I really liked them there! Any way of getting them back??? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post

Old 05-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

MadDog69 is a n00b

This is a very coll, clear ROM, is there a file manager program that is very basic and doesn't have anything other than the basics to access files on my SD card?

Thanks,
Jake

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development