PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM
Carrier: Sprint

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-19-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2e][2.3.4 Beta]

It still boggles my mind that the standard Gingerbread dialer doesn't do dialing by name... That seems like the most basic phone feature - my cel phone has done that for the last 15 years...

I've tried Go Contacts, Dialer One, and RocketDial. I settled on Dialer One, but its still not that great...

What are you guys using?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Deck, I don't know if you change the BT driver or anything about it, however with 1.2b/c/d/e it seems my BT headset is real staticy and just not a good quality. If you did not change anything then I will look at my headset but until then I have good quality sound with all your ROM's up til now.

Thanks...Tannerj
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Deck, I don't know if you change the BT driver or anything about it, however with 1.2b/c/d/e it seems my BT headset is real staticy and just not a good quality. If you did not change anything then I will look at my headset but until then I have good quality sound with all your ROM's up til now.

Thanks...Tannerj
ill look into this.

1.2f later tonight/early morning. Better fix for 4g after reboot and widget toggles. Notification sound, few others. Stay tuned...

-deck

FREE file hosting. UNLIMITED bandwidth. NO wait times. YES, 0 wait times. UNLIMITED downloads.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
i am personally not getting this myself. every text has sent just fine. 160 sms split should be set as default, although maybe you want to double check in your mms settings. other then that, i think the wake issue and button lights may be tackled in the next release. tho i think i should slow down on the releases? or keep them coming? you decide. also, how is e treating you all so far?

-deck

i'm having this issue as well. had a 10 minute back and forth text message convo, the last 3 texts kept stating sending but never sent. rebooted...didn't help, they were still sending. kicked down 2 more texts, and one out of the 4 went through.

along with this my 4G toggle is all screwed up now. when i enable through widget, sometimes it won't turn on. i have to goto settings to enable. i honestly did not have any issues with turning 4G on and off before everybody started complaining. now the powercontrolwidget is not necessarily linked to the actual 4G toggle in settings.

thanks for the hard work. this is the most active rom that i've seen for the evo so far. thanks for the rapid updates! i'll click click click the ad's again!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
It still boggles my mind that the standard Gingerbread dialer doesn't do dialing by name... That seems like the most basic phone feature - my cel phone has done that for the last 15 years...

I've tried Go Contacts, Dialer One, and RocketDial. I settled on Dialer One, but its still not that great...

What are you guys using?
On the stock dialer just hit the 'phone' button then the 'search' button and you should be good to go. You can even just start out with the 'search' button and start typing a name

Last edited by ItsDon; 05-20-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mac

willsurg is a n00b

try touchpal dialer, its free, and seems to do the trick
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

mikejwf is just getting started

Quote:
i am personally not getting this myself. every text has sent just fine. 160 sms split should be set as default, although maybe you want to double check in your mms settings. other then that, i think the wake issue and button lights may be tackled in the next release. tho i think i should slow down on the releases? or keep them coming? you decide. also, how is e treating you all so far?

-deck
Flashed 1.2e, seems to be fine so far, thanks for the reply and all the hard work.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

duffguy123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post

What are you guys using?
I'm using go contacts, it's free and looks like the sense dialer

Just reporting usage: 41% with ten hours medium-heavy usage with stock kernel, that's better than other kernels I've flashed!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

LoWw is just getting started

What themes can I use with this Rom? Really like the Rom thus far.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond

hachiroku is just getting started

Quote:

-deck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWw View Post
What themes can I use with this Rom? Really like the Rom thus far.

search market for gingerbread theme or goto xda-developers for gingerbread themes.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development