PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Tmo

vettejock99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-15-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Deck, do you know if USB Tether has been implemented yet?
I was using USB Tether yesterday just fine on 1.2c with stock kernel.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

mikejwf is just getting started

Does anybody else toggle data on and off as used throughout the day? This seems to be the only way I can achieve some of battery stats you guys are posting. I've gone about 20 hours with around 40% percent left using this method.

Last edited by mikejwf; 05-17-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dougiefresh36 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejwf View Post
Does anybody else toggle data on and off as used throughout the day? This seems to be the only way I can achieve some of battery stats you guys are posting. I've gone about 20 hours with around 40% percent left using this method.
I do the same, I toggle it when ever I use and need connection, gives me over a day of battery life. Don't mind toggling it on and off because I have it in the notification bar and the 10 extra hrs of battery life is worth it!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejwf View Post
now that you mention data issues, i'm having data issues on 3G and 4G.

it will show full connection but will not be able to get on the internet. this generally occurs when i'm steady on the internet or tethering. thought it was just me, but its gone from not an issue to really annoying at times.

more so occurs when tethering than mobile browsing.

nevermind, thought you ment data issues. if you disable mobile network completely you will have a phone that lasts 2-3 days with heavy texting and voice calls
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

besz is a n00b

Is there a way to disable missed call notifications?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

I'm liking being 'senseless' (hehehe)

I love having the extra RAM and it does seem to be much more fluid than before. One thing I did notice (and I love) is that Netflix plays movies just fine and they say it's not compatible with Gingerbread yet.

I've only noticed a couple of things, but it might be because I did the Tiamat kernel immediately. I'm going to stick with stock on this next update to see the difference. They are nothing serious, but sliding the screen seems to take the second try before it moves, but after that it's good to go until you turn it off and do it again. I do miss a few of the widgets, but I'm good. I can live without sense. The other issue is regarding 4G. Even though Louisville KY is 'sorta' up and running, turning on 4G sometimes hangs forever and you can't turn it off. I swear you have to be sitting next to the tower for it to work here in town, but it's very limited at this moment. It will be nice once more towers get installed.

I picked up 4G in Elizabethtown KY and did a speed test at 3mb. But it was a very small region where it was available. In Louisville, the best I got was 260kb which is a lot slower than my 1mb I get on 3G. But that's not due to the ROM, it's just my Clear Rant

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

1.2d
yes deck-mania on the way lol
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BrooMann is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
If I'm right you can, but for myself I would just delete the old and install the new like normal. Either direction you go give us the feedback, so we know what works for sure Thanks.
I deleted old music player, installed the new music player from the market and everything seems 2 b workin fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Is it possible I could get a mirror for 1.2c? Links on OP do not seem to working right now and after weeks of persuading my wife to let me root, unlock, and flash a custom ROM for her she finally said yes. Now the links are down... Also, a mirror for the latest gapps would be nice. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Oh, one more thing could someone tell me if the latest gapps in the OP (5/9 or 5/9 with vm) works with working gTalk w/vid chat? If not, then no need to post mirror for that file. Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development