Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
JohnBecker
PPCGeeks Regular

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-15-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]

I'm liking being 'senseless' (hehehe)

I love having the extra RAM and it does seem to be much more fluid than before. One thing I did notice (and I love) is that Netflix plays movies just fine and they say it's not compatible with Gingerbread yet.

I've only noticed a couple of things, but it might be because I did the Tiamat kernel immediately. I'm going to stick with stock on this next update to see the difference. They are nothing serious, but sliding the screen seems to take the second try before it moves, but after that it's good to go until you turn it off and do it again. I do miss a few of the widgets, but I'm good. I can live without sense. The other issue is regarding 4G. Even though Louisville KY is 'sorta' up and running, turning on 4G sometimes hangs forever and you can't turn it off. I swear you have to be sitting next to the tower for it to work here in town, but it's very limited at this moment. It will be nice once more towers get installed.

I picked up 4G in Elizabethtown KY and did a speed test at 3mb. But it was a very small region where it was available. In Louisville, the best I got was 260kb which is a lot slower than my 1mb I get on 3G. But that's not due to the ROM, it's just my Clear Rant

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!