PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

pepeslam92 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pepeslam92 Send a message via MSN to pepeslam92
Re: Jan.20.11.Plutonium-EVOlution ROM (SBC battery-saver KERNEL)

Rom is awesome!

I am not sure if i have flashed the SBC kernel correctly because it still shows the software kernel to be 2.6.32.17 root 6 paris laptop 2 which is the same before the flash.

and is it just me or swype isnt working either?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Making me want an EVO, huh Vin?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Smile Re: Jan.20.11.Plutonium-EVOlution ROM (SBC battery-saver KERNEL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeslam92 View Post
Rom is awesome!

I am not sure if i have flashed the SBC kernel correctly because it still shows the software kernel to be 2.6.32.17 root 6 paris laptop 2 which is the same before the flash.

and is it just me or swype isnt working either?
Hi and thank you for stopping by. Vin is not using swype (not included)
and you have the right dl. Nothing wrong.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Talking Re: Jan.20.11.Plutonium-EVOlution ROM (SBC battery-saver KERNEL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Making me want an EVO, huh Vin?
Recursion,

Welcome to Vin's house warming party Got beer??? Where's Darren???

Last edited by GIZELLE; 01-21-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch

pepeslam92 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to pepeslam92 Send a message via MSN to pepeslam92

mhm works perfect. how do i change the display view to show the clock view vs. the digitial one? and how do I make sure if the SBC kernel has installed correctly, and to ensure its just not stock. thanks!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Smile Re: Jan.20.11.Plutonium-EVOlution ROM (SBC battery-saver KERNEL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeslam92 View Post
mhm works perfect. how do i change the display view to show the clock view vs. the digitial one? and how do I make sure if the SBC kernel has installed correctly, and to ensure its just not stock. thanks!
To change the clock:

1. tap and hold clock and you will see red square (in this case) and remove option below. Slide it down to remove.

2. tap and hold where the clock was, there should be 4 options showing: a- widgets; b- applications; c- shortcuts; d- folder. Tap "a". A list of widgets will upload, there you are going to have 2 options for clocks. One of them will have up to 12 different clocks to use.

That is the latest kernel since it is going to be the same as for everyone. Now, after you download your update, go to settings, scroll down to update, open it and see what it shows in all four updates. Start updating PRI PRL, Device config and system software. Once you have done this look at the updates and will be the same as before.

Enjoy...
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Swipe removed from ROM.I never used it..Is it better them htc ime?

Last edited by vin255764; 01-21-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Talking Re: Jan.20.11.Plutonium-EVOlution ROM (SBC battery-saver KERNEL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
I will answer all questions before I go to bed
I take it, if you are going to answer all questions b4 going to bed, you'll never be going to bed

Vin,

Edit- I think that it will be a good idea to have it in the remove apps folder in case users want to install it and if they want to install it, then so be it.

Last edited by GIZELLE; 01-21-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Question Re: Jan.20.11.Plutonium-EVOlution ROM (SBC battery-saver KERNEL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
downloaded the 1.20 ready for some action
Plutonium-EVOlution ROM
waiting to see if the boss vin will make it a multicarrier rom
make a wish make a wish lol
Vin,

Can this be done, I mean a multicarrier
Old 01-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Ok,Im not a Kernel developer.Cant say which one is better.I've seen a positive feedback from SBC kernel testers.Jan.20.11 ROM is with SBC-v7 Kernel.To verify here is a screenshots.
Only time will tell for sure,plus there is V8-beta available

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development