PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ricsim78
Re: [ROM] Azrael X (for all hardware) Updated 11/25/2010

Screenshots added on the first post

Now you can see what the Director's Cut of Azrael X plus the Azrael X theme looks like. For those who have asked, there they are.
HTC #15 Kernel
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] Azrael X ((3.30.651.3)) ((Theme options)) Updated 11/25/2010

Hi there, I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, this would be my first non-stock rom and I have a few questions...
1) On the first post, it says it's recommended to wipe the cache every 3-4 days. Why is that? I never had to do such a thing with the stock rom.
2) Does this rom zipalign all apps at every reboot? How long does this delay the reboot process?
Thanks

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Hi there, I apologize in advance for the newbie questions, this would be my first non-stock rom and I have a few questions...
1) On the first post, it says it's recommended to wipe the cache every 3-4 days. Why is that? I never had to do such a thing with the stock rom.
2) Does this rom zipalign all apps at every reboot? How long does this delay the reboot process?
Thanks
Don't apologize, ask questions if you don't know and soon you will not be a newbie

1. You do not HAVE to do it. It just ensures a clean system and can speed up overall operation of your phone.

2. It takes only a few seconds to do it. Yes, every reboot it does it. You will see a little difference but not much and the benefits outweigh the slight time. We are talking a few seconds at most.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Za33cK is just getting started

how come it will not allow me to install a themed HTC_IME from gimpsta, did you use the high res kitchen when you cooked it into the phone?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za33cK View Post
how come it will not allow me to install a themed HTC_IME from gimpsta, did you use the high res kitchen when you cooked it into the phone?
Because if you read the first post, you would see that the themed HTC IME is already cooked into it.

This is why in big blue letters it says, "Please read the entire first post."

Just hold down on any text box, select input method and switch to HTC IME Mod.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Only request i have is having the power widgets in the pull down titlebar... do you have a zip for this?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Za33cK is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78 View Post
Because if you read the first post, you would see that the themed HTC IME is already cooked into it.

This is why in big blue letters it says, "Please read the entire first post."

Just hold down on any text box, select input method and switch to HTC IME Mod.
Lol yes i understand that, but your themed htc ime mod isnt to great, being honest, and i used gimpstas website to re-theme the keyboard, but for some reason it will not allow the apk file to install, and i never had a problem installing my themed skins over anyone elses mod in their rom versions. the source is http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php ,believe me i've read you're rom very thoroughly, it sounds like you know just about everything there is to know, butttt if you dont know anything about skining the keyboard yourself, let me enlighten you haha
Old 11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za33cK View Post
Lol yes i understand that, but your themed htc ime mod isnt to great, being honest, and i used gimpstas website to re-theme the keyboard, but for some reason it will not allow the apk file to install, and i never had a problem installing my themed skins over anyone elses mod in their rom versions. the source is http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php ,believe me i've read you're rom very thoroughly, it sounds like you know just about everything there is to know, butttt if you dont know anything about skining the keyboard yourself, let me enlighten you haha
Haha, ok sorry.. good you read it unlike some do! :P

The reason being is because I have the HTC IME Mod by gimpsta in the system/app folder. From now on, I will put it in the data/app.

But all is not lost. Use your favorite file manager (I HIGHLY recommend Root Explorer, paid but worth the price) and copy the new modded HTC_IME keyboard into System/app and it will overwrite the one already in there. After that it should work fine. Another way to do it is use Titanium Backup to uninstall it.

If you still have issues, please PM a link for the keyboard and I will add it to the ROM for you.

For the record, I love the keyboard but I did not make it myself. I got it from a ROM I used a long time ago.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
Only request i have is having the power widgets in the pull down titlebar... do you have a zip for this?
Not yet, I will look into it though for you and everyone else.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78 View Post
Not yet, I will look into it though for you and everyone else.
Thanks.... man that would be legit.... this rom is by far the fastest and my favorite .... thanks for all the work
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
azrael, evo, htc, rom