PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] EViO Series v1.0 [ 379MB Free l FPS Unlocked l OC l 270 l Sense Removable

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
I have also experienced a dramatic increase in battery usage. When you say you went back to the C kernel, were you referring to the stock kernel?

Besides overclocking and the phone running faster than ever, are there any other great advantages to adding a new kernel?

He was referring to the 3.7.3c kernel but look at Netarchy's thread for the change log to get a idea of what he changed

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff
Re: [ ROM ] EViO Series v1.0 [ 379MB Free l FPS Unlocked l OC l 270 l Sense Removable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
He was referring to the 3.7.3c kernel but look at Netarchy's thread for the change log to get a idea of what he changed
Ok great thanks Calk. This is all uncharted territory for me, so I'm learning little by little. Definitely looking forward to it though

Also, has anyone noticed a more than normal lag when trying to open a page through the browser? Mine is really going slow and I think it has something to do with the network settings.

Last edited by reigndropz; 07-27-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone have the stock .apk for the keyboard I still like that one the most.
Thanks.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Does anyone know if Draft N is enabled by default on this rom with the new 3.7.3 kernel? My phone seems to lock up when I run "calkulins enable draftN.zip"
Old 07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Hey Calkulin,

Any idea where I can find com.htc.resources.apk so I can delete sym_gpsone_3_sprint.png ? I read here that is what I need to do so I can get rid of the GPS off icon that shows up. I do like the one you put up there better than the stock one, but I would rather it not show up unless I am actively using the GPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Would it be a different procedure on your rom since you have upgraded to better notification icons? I just thought of that and maybe that's why I can't find the com.htc.resources.apk file (not that I would exactly know how to delete the picture from it anyways...haha).

Last edited by lnchbx13; 07-27-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

My facebook contacts pictures are not syncing. Also, what happened to HTC News and the News widget? It's not in the removed apps folder.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo and touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jfelhofer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
My facebook contacts pictures are not syncing. Also, what happened to HTC News and the News widget? It's not in the removed apps folder.
I think the facebook not syncing is their servers and the htc news reader is in the removed folder i dont know about the widget
Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
Hey Calkulin,

Any idea where I can find com.htc.resources.apk so I can delete sym_gpsone_3_sprint.png ? I read here that is what I need to do so I can get rid of the GPS off icon that shows up. I do like the one you put up there better than the stock one, but I would rather it not show up unless I am actively using the GPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Would it be a different procedure on your rom since you have upgraded to better notification icons? I just thought of that and maybe that's why I can't find the com.htc.resources.apk file (not that I would exactly know how to delete the picture from it anyways...haha).
its in the framework folder i would assume.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
Hey Calkulin,

Thanks.

I actually forgot to do that include that mod in the original release of the ROM, so I was going to include it on the next update but if you want it now, here it is

Remove GPS icon
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Thanks for the fix, this rom is fast and smooth!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development