PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 8/6/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FroYo | Offical 3.26.651.6| Included Radio/Wimax 4

Chris, thanks for the ROM!! I used your custom roms on the TP2 and just got my EVO yesterday and loaded you up. I was able to get out of Bes Buy without them loading the Froyo update on my new phone but it did have the 1.47*** update. I tried to use Toasts method to root but I ran into problems and I couldn't get past part 2. I decided to try UNREVOKED 3.1 and load you rom at the end and it worked. I am now running Sprint Lovers and the wifi tether works so I have SuperUser permissions and I believe I am rooted. Anyway, the rom is great just like your tp2 roms keep up the great work.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] 8/6/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FroYo | Offical 3.26.651.6| Included Radio/Wimax 4

Chris
Do I need to install the updated radios you have a link for on the first post, or does the 8/6 rom have the radios included?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Chris
Do I need to install the updated radios you have a link for on the first post, or does the 8/6 rom have the radios included?
You don't need to but you can if you want to. I would suggest it if you are loading up an updated ROM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

Chris, I just noticed that when I open people and click on the data and sync (two arrows going in a circle) inside a contact I always get a force close of people (process.htccontacts).

I'm running your first version of froyo.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

orbxx7 is a n00b

should i wipe chache x2 and wipe dalvic cache x2?
Old 08-07-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoz21 View Post
wherestheanykey,

Any suggestions as now I am getting stuck in a power cyle everytime I get to the 4g screen. I have reloaded 7/12 sprint lovers rom and that works great.
I am actaully brand new to hacking Android and this is my first attempt a root and custom ROM, so unfortunately I don't have any answers for you. All I can tell you is I was having trouble getting the first version of the 2.2 ROM installed (via PC36IMG.zip) because when in hboot it would scan the zip and come saying it was a bad or wrong image and then just go away. So I loaded the 7.12.10 version just to have a working ROM. The when he released the second version of 2.2 that is installed via the install a zip from sdcard option in recovery, all I did was booted into recovery and wiped data, cache and dalvik cache two times, then selected the install a zip from sdcard option while still in recovery and selected the zip file for this ROM that I downloaded from the first page.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 08-07-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Hey I have run into an issue that I don't know if it is this ROM or just 2.2, since I never ran the official Sprint version. I have an 09 Focus with the Microsoft sync system for hand free phone use via bluetooth connection. I have never had an issue with any phone on any ROM being able to pair it with sync. I had it paired with my EVO prior to rooting and loading a custom ROM and it worked fine. But today when I tried to pair my phone with the car, my phone never finds the sync system. I hit scan for devices and the little scanning symbol comes up and it scans for a few seconds and doesn't find anything and then the animation stops.

Does anyone else have a Ford with the sync system and have you found it to work, or is anyone else having trouble getting their phone to find bluetooth devices?

Thanks,
Old 08-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Non PPC. Sprint HTC Evo 4G

zer0-1ne is just getting started

this rom doesnt let me flash a custom splash screen ( where it starts with the sprint cubes and 4g at end) i did it with clock work and amon ra but its a no go it always boots up with default. i cleared cach dalvik and all then installed and nothing.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Hey I have run into an issue that I don't know if it is this ROM or just 2.2, since I never ran the official Sprint version. I have an 09 Focus with the Microsoft sync system for hand free phone use via bluetooth connection. I have never had an issue with any phone on any ROM being able to pair it with sync. I had it paired with my EVO prior to rooting and loading a custom ROM and it worked fine. But today when I tried to pair my phone with the car, my phone never finds the sync system. I hit scan for devices and the little scanning symbol comes up and it scans for a few seconds and doesn't find anything and then the animation stops.

Does anyone else have a Ford with the sync system and have you found it to work, or is anyone else having trouble getting their phone to find bluetooth devices?I have a 2010 Ram which worked fine before and after the update. I did notice however that I had to power off the phone and then power on before it recognized it. Possibly just cleared out some memory in either the radio or phone but either way it paired and all works well. Make sure the phone is discoverable when pairing.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0-1ne View Post
this rom doesnt let me flash a custom splash screen ( where it starts with the sprint cubes and 4g at end) i did it with clock work and amon ra but its a no go it always boots up with default. i cleared cach dalvik and all then installed and nothing.
There are directions on the first post on how to change the boot animation and sound.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: sprint

dacoz21 is just getting started

Hey Kyoon19,

I am still a noobie.....what kernel should I be using with the latest release. If I have the wrong kernel.....how do I go about changing it?

My current kernel is:2.6.29-789bf291
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

dacoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoon19 View Post
might be your kernel. check your kernel.

Last edited by dacoz21; 08-08-2010 at 10:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development