PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo
Carrier: Sprint

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Will we be able to use TITANIUM BACKUP to backup all our apps and data, install the GB rom and restore? will it restore the sense layout and icons? WHen I when to the latest SL rom I did that and it restored everything INCLUDING sense and settings and icons..

Someone let us know when there is a new ROM based on the OFFICIAL GB...
There is a thread with the stock rooted rom out already. As for titanium backup, I am not 100% sure that you can get it to restore everything without running into any problems. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you restore everything and the new rom has an updated system app it will overwrite the new one with the old leaving you with either the old version or possibly causing other errors. What I usually do when switching roms, is restore all my downloaded apps and my settings and have not run into too many issues.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
There is a thread with the stock rooted rom out already. As for titanium backup, I am not 100% sure that you can get it to restore everything without running into any problems. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you restore everything and the new rom has an updated system app it will overwrite the new one with the old leaving you with either the old version or possibly causing other errors. What I usually do when switching roms, is restore all my downloaded apps and my settings and have not run into too many issues.
I dont want a Stock rooted .. I want a ROM based off the STOCK rom so we know everything works. I think you will be able to use TITANIUM. I say this because I did it from different versions of SL and it worked fine...
Old 06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP

Also one question.. I am running a CUSTOM KERNEL that does the AUTO BUMP CHARGE. will there be one for GB??
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I dont want a Stock rooted .. I want a ROM based off the STOCK rom so we know everything works. I think you will be able to use TITANIUM. I say this because I did it from different versions of SL and it worked fine...
I guess you are stuck waiting for someone to make one then.

Quote:
Also one question.. I am running a CUSTOM KERNEL that does the AUTO BUMP CHARGE. will there be one for GB??
I'm not sure how anyone except a dev that is making that custom kernel is supposed to know the ans to that question.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by basimthedream View Post
This rom is no longer supported. The creator has gotten an Iphone 4... check the sprint lovers thread over at XDA.
A link would be nice for those who don't know how to search over there
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
A link would be nice for those who don't know how to search over there
Try HERE
Old 06-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
Try HERE
That's not a link to xda

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP

Hey guys.. I just saw this [GUIDE]Updating to 4.22.651.2 OTA WITHOUT flashing a new ROM or wiping your Phone - Android News ~ Tech Android News Live! ~

Will this work with SPRINT LOVERS ROM? it says I wont have to erase anything and I will then get the latest OS?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor

Based on my limited knowledge with rooting and flashing a ROM the method sounds like it will work. But I'm a little nervous about it because it will take root away from you and then give it back to you via one file... everything I have ever seen about getting root tells me that you will need to do some stuff via adb in order to get root. But... it guess that it is possible that you can just put one file on your phone to make it do what it needs to in order to get root.
If you try this please let us know how it works out... I would love to know how it turns out.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
Based on my limited knowledge with rooting and flashing a ROM the method sounds like it will work. But I'm a little nervous about it because it will take root away from you and then give it back to you via one file... everything I have ever seen about getting root tells me that you will need to do some stuff via adb in order to get root. But... it guess that it is possible that you can just put one file on your phone to make it do what it needs to in order to get root.
If you try this please let us know how it works out... I would love to know how it turns out.
I think this is based off of unrevoked rooting method rather than the more involved root and nand unlock methods. It seems many are saying its not necessary though. I personally would wait for the unrevoked team to respond if anyone is scared to do this.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development