PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/10/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
He is still on the old software. Look closer and you will see he is on 3.30 and hasn't upgraded to 3.70 yet.
Ah ok thanks, must be age is taking it's toll on the old eyeballs. Thanks for the correction.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 01-22-2011, 02:12 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] 01/10/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ah ok thanks, must be age is taking it's toll on the old eyeballs. Thanks for the correction.
Happens to all of us eventually, I'm afraid...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
Mine didn't go on at all, with press or a boot up
FYI: screen brightness does affect the soft key lights. If you set the screen brightness to manual and have it too low, they will not come on. The light sensor also plays a roll as well as the usb charger being connected. With all these things in mind, do some more testing. Hopefully you don't have a defective phone.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

treedog5 is becoming a great contributor

have a quick question. i know the free wifi teather feature is in this rom, but is the free sprint wifi hotspot also in this rom?? this is the feature im asking about.

"*Use a ROM that has the native hotspot feature already unlocked (3G only) - Root Required

Many ROMs are now including a mod created by Calkulin that unlocks this feature as soon as you flash the ROM. If this is the case, simply select "Menu," "Settings," "Wireless & networks," and then click the box next to "Sprint Hotspot."

You will also want to go to "Sprint Hotspot settings" and set up some security settings. This will protect your phone from being accessed by unknown sources.

As of now, the native hotspot feature mod will only work on 3G. If you try using it on 4G it simply kick you back to 3G. "

so, can i use the sprint hotspot on this rom and not get charged???
Old 01-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes you can use the Sprint hotspot and not be charged the additional tethering fee. At least nobody has been slapped on the wrist by Sprint or seen a tether charge added onto their account that I'm aware of. As long as you have an unlimited data plan, you are good to go my friend. Use it at your own risk Ofcourse... you get the drift.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 01-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
FYI: screen brightness does affect the soft key lights. If you set the screen brightness to manual and have it too low, they will not come on. The light sensor also plays a roll as well as the usb charger being connected. With all these things in mind, do some more testing. Hopefully you don't have a defective phone.
And just in case you are wondering, if you lights just don't come on at all, they will replace you phone under warranty. My first replacement EVO would only light up two of the buttons after a day of use and they replaced it for me.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

I went back to stock and the keys still don't light up, they did before.... Anyways, I'll be making a trip to the sprint store.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

thebreezeyone is a n00b

I've been having loading issues with web pages also. Deleted the hosts file and it's like brand new again. Thanks
Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
I went back to stock and the keys still don't light up, they did before.... Anyways, I'll be making a trip to the sprint store.
Make sure you unroot and remove you sd card or make sure your sd card doesn't have any PC36IMG files or rom files on it. Sprint has been getting a little more critical in some areas and they will check for root on your phone and may not honor the warranty if you rooted. There are several stories of an aggressive sprint rep looking over your files and checking for rooted phones.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SlyClone22 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
Yeah, tried that....but it doesn't seem to affect the keyboard, lock/unlock or the dialer. Dunno if it ever did, bit it doesn't anymore.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
Having the same sound issue again..nothing has changed, but only affects the screen lock sounds, keyboard typing and phone keypad tones.....

Something is going on....the other odd thing is the location came up as some weird place a couple diff times.....not sure if related or not....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development