PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sean222 is keeping up the good worksean222 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Woohooo OMJ is online! Hopefully he'll come to our rescue. I confirmed that it's his kitchen. I did a fresh exract and loaded and flashed the 2.5 21887 (no changes) ...called the phone and no ring.

@wmdunn - I used to set 24mb too, until I started running out of internal memory
Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy View Post
Thanks once again OMJ for a wonderful kitchen. Only issue I ran into was the Manila Home Locker isn't functioning. I even tried installing it manually and still a no go. I'm running 28014
thats odd, have u removed any Sense packages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey Buddy,

Been on the road since before Christmas but Happy (belated) Birthday and Merry (belated) Christmas!!

Been watching the little fued going on over at xda with 2.1 and was wondering if you were going to add it to the kitchen... then i log on and ... waalllaaa! Of course you added it

Thanks again Buddy!!! (can't wait to get home and build a 21887 w/2.1!)

P.S. - have you already updated the kitchen and sys as of today in reference to the previously mentioned stuff? .netCF, eT9, etc...
thx Vancer.....no, I havent even updated the kitchen locally....I'll upload the missing netcf & VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Oh yeah forgot..

I think i read over at xda that the new Sense 2.1 didn't have the ability to set alarms through Sense ... said that you could set them, but they wouldn't stick unless you actually went into the WM native client and set the alarm there... Can anybody using Sense 2.1 confirm or deny this?

... trying to solve probs before i even get home and start flashing hehe
sorry, dont know....I used 2.1 for less than a day, went back to 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Biker View Post
Do you or anyone else have any generic ROM templates from which to build from...? can I/we use your ROMs as a me template

I promise I'll use your kitchen and thank you alot ...

=D>
besides the templates for the roms I've made, are you looking for a minimum apps template?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
he didn't add it as far as i saw... but just copy the one from the older kitchen.
its in sys\shared folder. which has 409 and common in it.
just copy both respectively and it should work with any other sys.
it's weird, some SYS's have it some dont, if I forget to check....well u know the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirical View Post
just to let everyone know, i cooked a rom 6.5.3 with this cooked in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=272 and now i can pic between the compact qwerty and full. so far no problem with freezing.
fyi---Vancer posted this b4...you really dont need this for 6.5.3 roms....all u have to do is press & hold the keyboard & the menu pops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
AHA! I'm having this prob too, I didn't want to post because I thought it was just something I messed up with package selection, but I guess it is the kitchen...unless we're both unselecting something we're not supposed to.

@OMG - I see your default pagepool in the kitchen is 6mb, is that what you use? 6 is good?
I always use PP pf 20...I forgot to save the template, my bad....it was Christmas & was multitasking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
I just can't figure this out. I reset the pagepool to 24 prior to flashing.
I am really lost.
I mean it doesn't ring even if I flash OMJ's default settings either.
Help...... please
hmmm, I havent heard anyone else on 21887 report this issue, try going back to 21882 to test.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

copy NetCF & VoiceCommand to OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\SYS\21887\SHARED\COMMON

copy VoiceCommand_Lang_0409 to OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\SYS\21887\SHARED\0409
Attached Files
File Type: rar NetCF.rar (2.18 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar VoiceCommand.rar (422.4 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar VoiceCommand_Lang_0409.rar (1.72 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Loaded up 2.5 28014 and the phone rang.
2.1 21887 rang.

Updated 2.5 21887 with the files you uploaded and no luck...still no ringer sound. (no vibrate either)

Someone please flash 21887 with Sense 2.5 to see if they can reproduce this problem please!

Last edited by sean222; 12-28-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS MOBILITY

Ice_Biker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ
besides the templates for the roms I've made, are you looking for a minimum apps template?

Yes, I believe so OMJ.

BTW, what do you do in your spare time..?
This is obviously your day job!!

See, I'm not asking for more stuff [ahem] ... yes, a bare-boned WM6.5 without all the weight.

Sounds easy to me... tho, I'm no expert.

But, ask me about what to wear cycling when its -40C/-40F outside ...

I'll tell you .................................................. ....... you shouldn't ....
(I do it with 300 carbide-tipped studs per tire)

Anyhow. thanks for taking the time .... FOR EVERYTHING!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Cordy is becoming a great contributor

I found the issue OMJ, I checked the registry and found that all of the settings for the Mod Locker don't get applied including some of them that are listed as not to be changed. I just added the missing entries to the registry and it worked as it should. I did find that after a while any pages using manila becomes corrupted. seems like an issue with drawing them and there are blank spaces in the page.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Hey guys, Is anyone else having a problem with the phone not ringing. I just built a 21887 ROM and can see the call come through but won't ring.
Thanks for any help. I am sure it's something I am doing. Thanks for any tips.
Have flashed to Shipped and tried rebuilding the ROM.
Rings fine with Shipped but not with my flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
AHA! I'm having this prob too, I didn't want to post because I thought it was just something I messed up with package selection, but I guess it is the kitchen...unless we're both unselecting something we're not supposed to.

@OMG - I see your default pagepool in the kitchen is 6mb, is that what you use? 6 is good?
Quote:
I just can't figure this out. I reset the pagepool to 24 prior to flashing.
I am really lost.
I mean it doesn't ring even if I flash OMJ's default settings either.
Help...... please
I noticed this as well. I don't think it's because of the selections.
I have a feeling it's just something in the SYS.
I'm going to flash OMJ's ROM that he posted and see if I get a ringtone there.
Just to try to troubleshoot... I'm using a bunch of custom ringtones. Is everyone else using the default tones or something that is included with WM6.5? I just played around with the tones... almost all the ringtones say they are corrupted- even the ones included in the ROM. Only the Alarm-... tones will preview and they still don't play when the phone rings. Tells me that there is some issue with the codecs or some sort of corruption in the SYS/ROM files. Dang. And I was so liking this SYS.
Is it working for anyone??

Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I just flashed OMJ's 21887 Titanium ROM and the default ringtones work on his. I'm adding in all of my stuff to see if my custom ringtones will work... kind of bummin' cuz my build had a lot more space left over to install my stuff.
Almost done.

OK. Custom ringtones work fine on OMJ's ROM.
I'll have to compare his to mine and see what could be causing the difference.
But I've got some work to do, so I'll do it later today.
Peace out.

UPDATE: Very interesting. Ringers work once and then I get silence. Something is definitely screwy here.

Last edited by Trident; 12-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The problemo is in 1.5 kitchen 21887 Sense 2.5 specifically.

21887 Sense 2.1 rings and 28014 rings also. And according to you 21887 Titanium works too.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirical View Post
I made a new folder under SIP and add it there.
  1. Here is the location "OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages"
  2. Make a folder "SIP - Biotouch Tweak" is what i called mine
  3. add the reg file to that folder and make a file called "_skip" i copied this from one of the other folder i think it for the kitchen
  4. add the dll to a sub folder caled "files"
  5. restart your kitchen and you should see it there.
I used the defalt SIP and removed finger keyboard.
Thanks trying now on a 21887 ROM!

Quote:
copy NetCF & VoiceCommand to OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\SYS\21887\SHARED\COMMON

copy VoiceCommand_Lang_0409 to OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\SYS\21887\SHARED\0409 .
Trying those as well, I wasnt having any issues with NetCF, but the voice command was causing some problems. Thanks!

One question, on every 21887 ROM I cook ,the HTC album app has some alignment issues (even OMJ default 3.2.1xx), it also acts like its in landscape so I have to run my finger up and down to change pics while in portrait. Is this a new album? Is there a different version in the kitchen will that work with 2.5 ROMS? I could care less about facebook/youtube uploading

Last edited by elmariachi; 12-28-2009 at 01:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development