PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
I just installed OMJ's ROM from MightyROM. OMJ's ROM is sooooo much faster. Not dissing Mighty at all, but I couldn't use the internet on that ROM without wanting to throw my phone out the window.

Can I ask what you guys use as a file explorer on OMJ's ROM? The only thing I've found is the TotalCommander. Was that what was intended?

As an aside, how do you guys synchronize your phones so the you don't end up with a bajillion duplicates in your calendar, contacts, etc??
I use TotalCommander, nice and powerful and ugly.

When I sync my calendar/contacts using Activesync with Gmail, it doesn't duplicate anything. I'm not exactly sure why yours is duplicating things.

I totally agree on the awesomeness of OMJ's ROM. My girlfriend had a Touch Pro, and I installed Ski ROM, which is kinda like the Touch Pro version of OMJ's, awesome and well put together. Now she upgraded to a Touch Pro 2, and I can't find a good ROM on it for her. All of the name brand ROM makers like Mighty and NRG are there, but they spread themselves so thin between devices and versions of their ROMs. Using her Touch Pro 2 really makes me miss OMJ's (and Ski's) ROM.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
no, this is intentional. Sense adds code to the contact that it's a fav
Yes, this is correct. Check the Notes section of your contacts (at least in Outlook) and you'll see coding for Facebook integration and HTC Sense integration (like fav's, among others...).
Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Anyone have experience with TMC broadcasts and igo8? I wonder if it's possible to get it to work on our diamonds.
To answer my own question, and hopefully for the benefit of others, yes it is possible to receive TMC info on our Diamonds*.

You need to get HyperGPS here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512630

(which will allow the phone to pickup the TMC data from the FM transmissions.)

Then, follow the instructions for setting up that tool to work with igo8.

*Then you need to get a $50 license for North american traffic (doesn't seem to be any way around this).

Quote:
Thanks to myndwire and others mentioned below, I now have TMC Pro/Premium working on my i910 Omnia in North America ($50 for Canada and USA). Here are the basics:
1) Verizon Samsung i910 Omnia using recent CF03-based gps-unlocked firmware (see MoDaCo.com, thanks to BlazingWolf);
2) OmniaTMC beta2 (see MoDaCo.com, thanks to BeamRider);
3) iGo8 8.3.2.93112 (see ppcwarez.org, thanks to JetMouse);
4) Add "enable_subscription=1" (without quotes) to [tmc] section of sys.txt;
5) Copy current uuid from igo8 subscription field (note that this may change on hard reset, I'd SAVE IT);
6) Pay $50 for North American Total Traffic Network (TTN) Subscription from Clarion (see https://cart.buytmc.com/subscribe);
7) Backup everything from igo8 folder on device (or at least igo8\save\cctmc.dat).

Notes:
A) I have not tried a hard reset yet to see if I can recover (since the uuid would probably change), but I'm hopeful that it wouldn't matter as long as the above cctmc.dat stays in place or gets restored.
B) The $50 Clarion subscription does not seem to expire as long as ClearChannel continues to transmit RDS-TMC in North America, the uuid resetting issue notwithstanding.
http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic....lit=cctmc.dat#

And then you should have working TMC traffic updates in Igo8!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel87 View Post
I ended up getting the rom (21887) to work properly by flashing it again... However, when I run google maps, my phone just decides to restart. Anybody experiencing this issue?
nope, never seen that issue, maybe another bad flash....try flashing to stock 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
I just installed OMJ's ROM from MightyROM. OMJ's ROM is sooooo much faster. Not dissing Mighty at all, but I couldn't use the internet on that ROM without wanting to throw my phone out the window.

Can I ask what you guys use as a file explorer on OMJ's ROM? The only thing I've found is the TotalCommander. Was that what was intended?

As an aside, how do you guys synchronize your phones so the you don't end up with a bajillion duplicates in your calendar, contacts, etc??
thx....I've always used Total Commander as my file explorer & registry editor. I also sync w/ exchange, so I get no dups.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

1) Can anyone please confirm that the "Turn speaker on when device is placed face down during call" is not operational for our phones? I tried the feature and it did't work (i'm guessing you need a front facing camera?)

2) Similarly I tried the "quiet ringtone on pickup" feature and I don't think it worked either. (I had my ring set to the loudest and when I picked up the phone it still kept ringing at full volume.) Is the broken ?

3) Conference calling, does it work for our phones? I tried it out, it dialed the first number fine, then when I dialed the second number Im not really sure what happened, but it didn't connect.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
1) Can anyone please confirm that the "Turn speaker on when device is placed face down during call" is not operational for our phones? I tried the feature and it did't work (i'm guessing you need a front facing camera?)

2) Similarly I tried the "quiet ringtone on pickup" feature and I don't think it worked either. (I had my ring set to the loudest and when I picked up the phone it still kept ringing at full volume.) Is the broken ?

3) Conference calling, does it work for our phones? I tried it out, it dialed the first number fine, then when I dialed the second number Im not really sure what happened, but it didn't connect.
no, no & yes

the newer phones (like the TP2) have a sensor for these features....conf (3-way calling) does work. I just tried it. I 1st dialed my landline, then called my VM by highlighting it from call history, once it connected, I pressed the hard send button to join calls
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS

TKG26 is just getting started

new 21 sereis rom is working out great for me.. minor issue is youtube does not work, i can see the current videos and i can search but they wont play... ill download a cab file to fix that..

other then that its been pretty solid...

gmail users: I too use active synce microsoft exchange settings. i dont get duplicate contacts iether
Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
no, no & yes

the newer phones (like the TP2) have a sensor for these features....conf (3-way calling) does work. I just tried it. I 1st dialed my landline, then called my VM by highlighting it from call history, once it connected, I pressed the hard send button to join calls
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I tried it again and 3 party conference call worked. However, i couldn't add more parties. So this conference calling can only support 3 parties (yourself, other and other) unless I am doing something wrong (which could easily be the case! hehe).
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here's a folder containing 9 CDMA Phone Code short cuts.

AKEY
PREV
VOCODER
DATA
PRL
DEBUG
PST
DIAG
RTN

I added it to the system tools folder. Personally I only ever use PST and DEBUG, but having these short cuts makes it a lot easier than remembering and typing in phone codes. Plus it only takes up 245 BYTES! Maybe we could get these cooked into the ROM OMJ?

http://hotfile.com/dl/26784444/1cab1...Codes.rar.html

backup links

http://rapidshare.com/files/34457561...Codes.rar.html
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2hg...hone_Codes.rar
Old 02-02-2010, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cubbieswin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
So I flashed back to the 28014 2.5 ROM and all is good now. I think it was just some transient condition. Thanks again OMJ for the superb rom.

Does anyone else experience some finnikey behaviour from the task switcher (when you press on the small clock in the top right)? My task switcher will often fail to open, it will show an outline and then disappear. Other times it will open without issue.
Ok, so yesterday I went on a short trip relying on GoogleMaps for directions. I didn't see the option to check "Use GPS". GoogleMaps was working but not that great. What is GoogleMaps using when GPS isn't being used? Cell phone tower triangulation? I thought there was something wrong with GoogleMaps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development