PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
HTC Messaging Client
Message Enhancement

maybe you have a bad download....I just unzipped the kitchen I uploaded & cooked a 23504 rom from my template, and it ran no problem.

Thx. I'll download again and try creating again. The strange thing is I think I was getting the same errors a while back when I was trying Calk's kitchen.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

New kitchen thread.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97388
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

omj:
I tried 2 other wifi spots today that I normally can get onto with no problem and I still can't get wifi to work, I tried to see if the internet sharing would work but not having a data connection it wouldn't initiate for me

any suggestions that I can try? I didn't have problems on other roms of yours, just the last few updates

thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
First, the bottom line. The 6.5.1/23504 is working almost perfectly for me in every "sense", including Home w/weather animations, People with favorites, Messages with SMS, Mail, Calendar, Internet, Weather with animations, Photos & Videos, Music, Stocks, and Settings. I've turned off the Twitter tab since I Twitter very little; I've actually added that as an Internet favorite. The only minor glitch I've observed is setting the time in an appointment. The "wheels" on the clock leave scrolling smears when moving them, but when stopped appropriately they will set into the appointment correctly. Finally, I'm going to provide details of where I started and what I did to get where I am in the hopes of it helping others.

I was on GadgetRom 1.95a since it was released. I then performed my version of the flashdance that included: a) flashed stock Sprint rom, b) performed a clear storage, c) updated PRL, d)flashed new radio, e) flashed OMJ's 6.5.1/23504, and f) performed another clear storage. I believe a clear storage is (at least?) equivalent to a hard reset. I know this may sound excessive, but it is what I go through to ensure a clean install.

Next I used pimbackup to restore People, Calendar, and Messages followed by setting up my Favorite people manually. I checked the phone by both calling someone and having someone call me. Then I added my city to world clock and selected it as the place to display on the clock. I removed/added cities to the world clock that I didn't/did want. Then I went to weather and similarly removed/added cities I didn't/did want. I updated the forecasts. At this point aninations were working properly on Home & Weather.

Next I set up my Yahoo mail account and downloaded my email. Then, I proceeded to test messaging, by both sending and receiving test SMS's from someone else. I have not tried MMS. I've tested Music, Pictures & Videos from files stored on internal storage. I've tested various settings, for e.g., Personalization, Wireless Controls, Data Services, Locations, etc. I also customized Stocks and updated the results. Finally, given the 6 slots we have for Favorites in Home; I've initially selected Task Manager and File Explorer and tested them.

In conclusion, I'd say OMJ's 23504 rom is working exceptionally well and I am not really seeing much lag at all, if any, using SENSE. Tonight I'll be testing battery usage and will report on that tomorrow. I'll also be delving into more of the START menu programs and reporting on those. If this has helped, please be sure to hit the thanks button.
OK, I just can't walk away from what seems like a brand new phone. Have tested MyPhone, QuickGPS, and GoogleMaps and all work superbly. In fact, never saw GoogleMaps lock in and respond so quickly. As an aside, the radio I flash is V1.12.34F_D.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

anyone else having sms issues?
Looks like some others have had this problem too. I tried both 6.5 and 6.5.1 of the v1.4 and non of them worked. I put 6.5 v1.2 back on and it is working just fine again.
Was it cooked with some kind of carrier thing going on or something? I don't know what I'm talking about, just shooting in the dark. I always flash the stock Alltel rom and do all the reset stuff before flashing a new ROM too but 1.4 is a no go on SMS.

Also, neither the WM client or Manila SMS client are working with 1.4 so I'm not sure if its manila this time. My data connection was also on shady and would not connect on 1.4 with 3 bars of signal. It would connect under 1x, but not EVDO.

Last edited by Plutonium0587; 11-18-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
HTC Messaging Client
Message Enhancement

maybe you have a bad download....I just unzipped the kitchen I uploaded & cooked a 23504 rom from my template, and it ran no problem.
OMJ,

I downloaded twice and extracted twice still having the NBHUtils error during run? I'm in the process of building your saved rom and then deselecting things one at a time and rebuilding to see if i can isolate the problem. Also, any word on the carrier questions i asked earlier in the thread? If you want to post answer in the kitchen thread (thanks btw ) feel free cause I'll be watching it now too.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

so does anyone else have the netcf error I had? i posted a while back but never got a response, i reflashed and the problem persists. whenever i launch an app that requires netcf 3.5 i get an error saying i dont have the proper certificates or something and asks me to try reinstalling the program. for the record, i've done this with lumos v1 rc2 and slide2shutdown, both got the same error after multiple installs and multiple clean flashes, so i don't think it was an anomaly.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sisith is keeping up the good worksisith is keeping up the good work

23504 1.4 sms and everything else ive tested works perfectly...now to just get used to 6.5.1...
Old 11-18-2009, 10:32 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
omj:
I tried 2 other wifi spots today that I normally can get onto with no problem and I still can't get wifi to work, I tried to see if the internet sharing would work but not having a data connection it wouldn't initiate for me

any suggestions that I can try? I didn't have problems on other roms of yours, just the last few updates

thanks
I'm not sure man....I tested earlier @ home, and was able to connect to my router just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 View Post
Looks like some others have had this problem too. I tried both 6.5 and 6.5.1 of the v1.4 and non of them worked. I put 6.5 v1.2 back on and it is working just fine again.
Was it cooked with some kind of carrier thing going on or something? I don't know what I'm talking about, just shooting in the dark. I always flash the stock Alltel rom and do all the reset stuff before flashing a new ROM too but 1.4 is a no go on SMS.

Also, neither the WM client or Manila SMS client are working with 1.4 so I'm not sure if its manila this time. My data connection was also on shady and would not connect on 1.4 with 3 bars of signal. It would connect under 1x, but not EVDO.
this is odd, nothing was changed carrier wise. I'll do some testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

I downloaded twice and extracted twice still having the NBHUtils error during run? I'm in the process of building your saved rom and then deselecting things one at a time and rebuilding to see if i can isolate the problem. Also, any word on the carrier questions i asked earlier in the thread? If you want to post answer in the kitchen thread (thanks btw ) feel free cause I'll be watching it now too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

Anytime I select anything other than Generic Carrier the build hangs when it runs NBHUtils... says "NBHUtils stopped working" any idea? Did you build the Sprint stuff into the Generic Carrier?

I can run a sucessful build with your omj.sense.21870.erv which uses the Generic, but if i change to Sprint Carrier no go.

Thanks Buddy

FYI - I downloaded the kitchen twice and extracted it twice to see if i got a bad d/l or bad extraction just in case with the same results each time.
I added some files to generic just so they'd get dumped into \windows, but no sprint settings.

I just cooked a rom & changed from generic to Sprint.....no errors....dont know what to tell ya man.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor

23504 v1.4 calendar doesn't work. When I press the calndar button it goes to the agenda page the appointmenta flash foe a sec then disappeak. Same on calendar tab plus there are no little triangles indicating appointments

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development