PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
OMJ...I remember on an old rom i think it was energy, he changed it so opera thinks the phone is a vouge for mobile banking. attached is a screen shot of the sub menu wallpaper bug
hmm, why would it work for vogue but not diamond? weird

I assume you're still on 1.2? I think I have seen that in the past, but not lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Do the live visual bookmarks on the Internet tab work for anyone?

Even after being set, they don't seem to do anything other than sit there for me, but I was under the impression they were supposed to self-update.

I'm on Manila 2.5 1.3.
I am not sure if pushinternet will work but I do know you need Opera 9.7 for the thumbnails to work.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I am not sure if pushinternet will work but I do know you need Opera 9.7 for the thumbnails to work.
I just installed Opera 9.7 and set it to be my default browser, but still the live links I add on the Internet tab don't seem to do anything. Are there any other settings I should try?

Any chance this will be working in a future build?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ
Quote:
OMJ...I remember on an old rom i think it was energy, he changed it so opera thinks the phone is a vouge for mobile banking. attached is a screen shot of the sub menu wallpaper bug
hmm, why would it work for vogue but not diamond? weird

I assume you're still on 1.2? I think I have seen that in the past, but not lately.
I am using v 1.4...bank of america mobile site doesn't work? Also did you take a look @ the screen shot i posted ? i get that error all the time

Last edited by JQuill; 01-11-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work

I miss the Manilla Locker, but 28014 is much more stable than 28025.

Thanks again OMJ.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

OMJ...

Manila Sub navigation wallpaper bugs...

Figured I'd post good pictures so you can see it clearly.

I'm on your
Sense 2.5 | 6.5.3 | 28014 | v1.4 , both of these pics are from today ( 01/11/2010 ) and happened randomly when I was doing different things. Restarting manila fixes it and it reverts to the normal white background, but it happens often enough where it's annoying to do that every time. Happened at about 11 am and I restarted manila then it happened again at about 2:00.

Great battery life though I can't say enough about it. I was browsing the web (via opera, different apps, and through manila facebook), listening to music, sending e-mails, and sending and receiving calls between 11:30 and 2:00 which is why the battery went down so much between the two screen shots, but that was from HEAVY use, I pretty much used everything on the phone all at once except for the GPS. Good talk time, and standby time is amazing.

It happens in every sub menu like the music browser and contact card pictured above, but also in call history and others.

It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally, it's too random for me to be able to tell you what triggers it so sorry for not being able to provide more detail, but it will be perfect one minute and then look like the next.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-11-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
I miss the Manilla Locker, but 28014 is much more stable than 28025.

Thanks again OMJ.
The 28014 v1.4 update does have Manila Locker. Its in the settings tab under Personalize.

Quote:
OMJ...

Manila Sub navigation wallpaper bugs...

Figured I'd post good pictures so you can see it clearly.

It happens in every sub menu like the music browser and contact card pictured above, but also in call history and others.

It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally, it's too random for me to be able to tell you what triggers it so sorry for not being able to provide more detail, but it will be perfect one minute and then look like that after I back out of a sub menu and go into another one. Restarting manila fixes it and it reverts to the normal white background, but it happens often enough where it's annoying to do that every time.
I've gotten this too.. And like JQuill said, hard to replicate as its very random.

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Last edited by aeropatel; 01-11-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post

I've gotten this too.. And like JQuill said, hard to replicate as its very random.

Also OMJ, the section of the wallpaper that becomes broken changes size in height as well. Sometimes it exposes even more of the manila wallpaper through the white background.

Just a thought...sometimes it looks like it's about the same height as the text input box in manila SMS when you're not typing in it, and it is sitting at the bottom of the screen before you tap on it to start typing.

Took a couple more screen shots so you can see the size comparison...

It's bigger in the above screen shots as opposed to the earlier screens I posted. And it is about the same size as the manila SMS input box (below), could it have something to do with the SMS input window? Because I noticed how when you browse through texts in the manila SMS windows (again, the one featured below) the SMS input window smoothly slides up and down with all the other messages. If it is an SMS input box error, this might account for the change in size of the error because the box can slide up and down? Just a thought...

ALSO: Whenever I hit the "Home" hardware button, a character map pops up that displays random symbols on the screen.

I know I'm picking apart a lot of little things here but everything else seems so perfect. If you took care of a few bugs you could ship all Diamonds with this rom and anyone could use it lol.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-11-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started

Hey aero, is that the stock status bar up top? Mine's just black with the same old battery and connection bars icons and whatnot with 28014 v1.4...
Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Hey aero, is that the stock status bar up top? Mine's just black with the same old battery and connection bars icons and whatnot with 28014 v1.4...
It is a custom status bar...you can find it at XDA-developers.com it's called "g-freak" I believe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Okay so far 1.4 has been stable except for switching from FingerKeyboard back to EzInput, which causes the SIP not to work.

But my question is, which settings do you guys use for battery life? I have push e-mail running through Verizon now and also an IMAP being checked every two hours.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development