PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 10-30 | Blackwood | Manila 2.1 | Titanium | 6.5.1 | 23071

Quote:
Originally Posted by psg190 View Post
I'm LOVING this rom so far. As a noob to 6.5.1, how do you get to the task manager? Thanks for your hard work and I'm looking forward to any and all future releases!
I don't know how others do it, but I just click the start button, and there's "Task Manager" installed there - it looks like a green heartbeat monitor. You could also create a link to it in your Manila Programs tab.

Isn't the 6.5.1 big-button menu addictive? I put it off for the longest time because I hated the look (Ugly buttons/shadows), but this skin looks glossy and it almost feels like you're pressing a big ol' button.

Thanks for trying the ROM!

jakewill
Old 10-31-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

psg190 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the reply jakewill. I just wish there was something as easy as clicking in the corner like in the 6.5 roms.

Maybe something like this?

The only other suggestion that I have is a little more organization to the start menu, but like I said, all-in-all, I'm really liking this rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
I don't know how others do it, but I just click the start button, and there's "Task Manager" installed there - it looks like a green heartbeat monitor. You could also create a link to it in your Manila Programs tab.

Isn't the 6.5.1 big-button menu addictive? I put it off for the longest time because I hated the look (Ugly buttons/shadows), but this skin looks glossy and it almost feels like you're pressing a big ol' button.

Thanks for trying the ROM!

jakewill
Old 10-31-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Diamond

psg190 is becoming a great contributor

Just a few more thoughts.

The camera appears to be a little buggy . . . maybe I just need to soft reset.

Slide2Shutdown is a more esthetically pleasing shut down manager, but you may just prefer your other shutdown manager.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: 11-02 | Blackwood | Manila 2.1 | Titanium | 6.5.1 | 23071

New ROM is up - v1102.

Not much has changed, but here are the main items:
Added S2U2
Removed MyPhone - there is a link on the first post for the latest myphone.
Removed NFL Mobile
Removed skins for Titanium
Removed 4 Column Programs Tab to fix All Programs bug... You can install the cab attached to the first post to correct this.

Hope you like it!

jakewill

UPDATE - Posted new cab on first post for 4 Column Program Tab. Old one had same All Programs bug. Try uninstalling the old and installing the new if you have issues with Blackwood v1102.

Last edited by jakewill; 11-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psg190 View Post
Thanks for the reply jakewill. I just wish there was something as easy as clicking in the corner like in the 6.5 roms.

Maybe something like this?

The only other suggestion that I have is a little more organization to the start menu, but like I said, all-in-all, I'm really liking this rom.

Have you tried... Tapping the right top corner, the taskbar will drop down, tap and hold til the taskbar disappears and the word start disappears from the left corner, release. The old task manager should drop down. Now i know this works on 23081 but its worth trying on the sys you are using.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Good call, Kbussen!
That's what I love about this community, so many helping hands.
jakewill
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
Good call, Kbussen!
That's what I love about this community, so many helping hands.
jakewill
No problem.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

coolgui is a n00b

I'm really liking this ROM... Very clean and fits with the Diamond boot screen and all around looks. Has pretty much all the goodies I want, the only two things I wonder about:

Task management: I saw the post above that said you can pull the quick list up by "long tapping" in the upper right hand corner. It seems to work sometimes, but not very reliably. Is it because this quick task list is not completely compatible with 6.5.1?

Volume: Uses the built in volume control bubble. I've noticed this on other 6.5.1 roms, is it another compatibility issue?

Thanks for sharing this, I think it's going to be the ROM I actually keep and use for a while if I don't have any issues.

*EDIT* Another issue I found... Under "World Clock" you can only had US cities... a bit of an annoyance as I need to check international time zones. Can I modify this preset list without having to change to another ROM?

Last edited by coolgui; 11-02-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgui View Post
I'm really liking this ROM... Very clean and fits with the Diamond boot screen and all around looks. Has pretty much all the goodies I want, the only two things I wonder about:

Task management: I saw the post above that said you can pull the quick list up by "long tapping" in the upper right hand corner. It seems to work sometimes, but not very reliably. Is it because this quick task list is not completely compatible with 6.5.1?

Volume: Uses the built in volume control bubble. I've noticed this on other 6.5.1 roms, is it another compatibility issue?

Thanks for sharing this, I think it's going to be the ROM I actually keep and use for a while if I don't have any issues.

*EDIT* Another issue I found... Under "World Clock" you can only had US cities... a bit of an annoyance as I need to check international time zones. Can I modify this preset list without having to change to another ROM?
Yeah the task manager is a bit tricky. I found after a while of just playing with it, exactly how long the press needs to be. Once again tap once for the taskbar to drop down, press and hold til it disappears and then the word start disappears and then let go. Sometimes with memory hog programs, it will take a second to appear but this also happens on 6.1 and 6.5 sys that actually have the task manager icon.

Unfortunately the bubble volume is the only thing that works on 6.5.1 for now.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

maxxed is keeping up the good workmaxxed is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

doesn't the windows lock + password make s2u2 obsolete?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development