PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

kdmiller is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Thanks again for all the work and the great Roms. I just loaded the 06 release today and noticed a few things right away while setting up so will be going back to the 02 file. Here is what I have found:

1. Battery drains faster than ever (edited reg for battery polling still drains quickly)
2. When opening the kbd it doesn't align to the bottom of the screen, it leaves a gap and opens towards the middle of the screen
3. Signal strength is way down
4. When making calls it always switches to 1x from EVDO

Maybe it is just a bad load but I will be going back to the 02 release.

Thanks in advance for any input
Old 08-07-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorestfump View Post
Are those registry entries for Sprint only - or any carrier? Does anyone know if there is a cab file somewhere with these settings so we can quickly apply them? I too need to tether once and a while and don't want Bell Canada to charge me a fortune on-top of the fortune I already pay them!?

Loving the Aug 6th update BTW!
Yes, the reg edits are for Sprint. I haven't looked at NRGZ's newest, so don't know if they're included.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 PM
N00b

Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Just another quick question..... with regards to internet sharing.... I keep noticing that there are posts with registry edits for "safe" tethering, I previously was using an older Juicy rom and tethered from time to time when on the road for business and there was no other connection avaiable, I have also been able to connect without making these tweaks to my registry. What is the point to the tweaks if I am already able to connect?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For those with battery drain issues, you may want to look at your power options, start>settings>system>power. My screen brightness seemed to be defaulted to full blast while on battery in this rom. Put it down to 1/2 or so and this will help save same juice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmiller View Post
Just another quick question..... with regards to internet sharing.... I keep noticing that there are posts with registry edits for "safe" tethering, I previously was using an older Juicy rom and tethered from time to time when on the road for business and there was no other connection avaiable, I have also been able to connect without making these tweaks to my registry. What is the point to the tweaks if I am already able to connect?
some ROMs include this tweak. I believe energyrom does too, based on my experience yesterday
the tweak basically hides the data and shows it as being from the cell phone, instead of being attached to your computer
Old 08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
some ROMs include this tweak. I believe energyrom does too, based on my experience yesterday
the tweak basically hides the data and shows it as being from the cell phone, instead of being attached to your computer

Called my carrier told them I had to hard reset my phone so I wanted to make sure that the settings were all correct and I would not be accidently charged when I had my phone connected to my laptop to charge and was browsing on my work network....they said there was no way I would be charged as I would have to have it set up on my account with them, have the software installed on my computer and have a user name and password. Guess I will wait to get my next bill and see.....
Old 08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

hc1001 is a n00b

ill give 8/6 a try. flashing my phone right now. im kinda disappointed to hear about the battery drain. it was draining pretty fast with the 8/1 rom.
ill report back with my experience.

Thanks NRG!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

LITTLEMITCHY is keeping up the good workLITTLEMITCHY is keeping up the good work

New rom is great, but does anyone know how to add custom cities to the weather? This rom does not work with HTC Weather Master 2.2 as the previous version did. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmiller View Post
4. When making calls it always switches to 1x from EVDO
Thanks in advance for any input
Its supposed to do that... EVDO is for data... Calls and MMS still use 1x.

On a side note, anyone having problems changing the wallpaper? I click a photo the album shuts down and nothing happen...
Old 08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond with EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

gianmarco is a n00b

So, I'm not sure if this is a specific program or setting, but my phone's screen will turn off when in a call if I'm holding it vertically and come back on when I put it horizontal. This is something that previously didn't happen before flashing this custom ROM (this is the 1st ROM I've ever flashed).

This setting is nice and all but the problem is that it intermittently causes my phone to completely freeze. In other words, with the screen off, as the call ends, I can't get it back on at all and have to soft reset. It happens enough that it really is a pain.

Does anyone know what the setting is for this to turn it off? Or which program it is? Or is there a fix to stop this from happening?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development