PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28005 & 21882 ROM|SYS 11/27/09

Been playing with 28005 with Sense for a few hours now, and I think I might have a new favorite ROM. Unfortunately, I get the youtube error "This video cannot be played", and the youtube fix cabs that I have don't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
JZR
Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Been playing with 28005 with Sense for a few hours now, and I think I might have a new favorite ROM. Unfortunately, I get the youtube error "This video cannot be played", and the youtube fix cabs that I have don't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
JZR
Did you check to see if the fix cabs are actually changing the reg entries? try doing it manually... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=358

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Did you check to see if the fix cabs are actually changing the reg entries? try doing it manually... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=358
Yeah, the entries are correct. I also saw a post that EnableSW should be changed from 0 to 1, but that didn't work either. Thanks, though.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:02 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey da_reeseboy, I cant seem to get that xperia taskmanager to work properly. Is there something im missing? I made sure the htc task manager wasnt selected in the kitchen and when i tap the top right corner it flashes like it wants to drop down but dissappears.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Hey da_reeseboy, I cant seem to get that xperia taskmanager to work properly. Is there something im missing? I made sure the htc task manager wasnt selected in the kitchen and when i tap the top right corner it flashes like it wants to drop down but dissappears.
yep, that is the way it is at the moment for the 28005 builds. it will only open up if you have an app running at the same time you select it.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post

Thanks,
JZR
It is cause by one of the Manila 2.5 WVGA files. I still haven't figure out which one exactly, that is what I am doing right now!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

szubilly is a n00b

Hello da_reeseboy, switched from Juicy 8 to 28005 with Sense UI yesterday. So far so great. It's super smooth and fast. Other than activesync and youtube problems other people metioned, I also noticed that my phone won't ring on phone calls. I can change ringtone and vibration on phone setting, and I can play ringtone under setting, but it just won't ring on incoming calls. Does anyone has any idea?

Did a quick search on this thread but didn't find anyone complained ring problem. I flashed directly from Juicy 8 without flash back to Spring factory ROM, but hope it's not an issue. I will keep playing with this ROM. Hope ring will come back, but any suggestion is truly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 01:39 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by szubilly View Post
Hello da_reeseboy, switched from Juicy 8 to 28005 with Sense UI yesterday. So far so great. It's super smooth and fast. Other than activesync and youtube problems other people metioned, I also noticed that my phone won't ring on phone calls. I can change ringtone and vibration on phone setting, and I can play ringtone under setting, but it just won't ring on incoming calls. Does anyone has any idea?

Did a quick search on this thread but didn't find anyone complained ring problem. I flashed directly from Juicy 8 without flash back to Spring factory ROM, but hope it's not an issue. I will keep playing with this ROM. Hope ring will come back, but any suggestion is truly appreciated. Thanks
I'm also having the ring problem as you describe. Although the phone did ring for one call, I'm not sure why it only rang that one time. I've had to switch ROMs for now, since my phone not ringing is a big problem.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

@szubilly and JZR, I think that might be a bad flash, especially suzbilly I'd really recommend flashing back to stock before flashing anything, I've seen claims that you don't have to, but I've also seen problems sometimes. I flashed DRBs sense roms about 4 times now, and the ringer has always worked, so I'd try reflashing back to stock then reflashing your preferred build.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Reese,

Here's a short list of issues I am running into with your sense ROMs (for consolidation purposes) as well as some others mentioned here (so you don't have to go back thru this whole thread)

1) youtube not working, gives error, according to Mystery its a manila wvga file

2) sunshine animation not working, gives giant white squares instead of sun rays, but actually moves at normal speed (which is good because OMJs is super slow)

3) a couple of people have been not getting any ringers to work or vibrate, however the ringer has been working fine with me (I'm on 21882, it could be a 6.5.1 or 6.5.3 issued.)

4) Windows live does not work on any build, someone claimed Mystery got windows live to work, but I flashed his ROM and his doesn't either, neither does OMJs, no one can seem to get Windows Live to work on any sense 2.5 build.

5) when switching to titanium, I installed Clauncher and it does not work at all, when I try to add an app it gives a mortscript error of "app1 is not associated with any programs..." and no programs can be added, I have had this error on Mystery and OMJs sense 2.5 roms as well (with titanium)

6)xperia taskmanager not working well with 28005, but that seems to just be a build issue and not something you can really fix except use a later sys when it is released.

Once again thanks reeseboy, if anyone sees something I missed as far as issues are concerned lets post it.

These errors seem to be not so much your ROM as everyone's sense 2.5, so if OMJ, Mystery, or anyone cooking sense finds a fix for one of these issues, please post it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development