PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv
Re: ervius Kitchen 5.1 for CDMA Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervius View Post
hey.....
there is version 6.0 on air.....
(only exe+ \tools folder!)
You're sending these out faster than Microsoft is leaking builds of 6.5! I'll grab it off of XDA later today! Thanks for all your work on this!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansk75 View Post
Darylev, Thank you for your great work.

Anyhow, I have run into few problems with ervius kitchen you uploaded. What I cook using your set up boots up fine but for some reason, it is missing contents in the connection setting. I can't get online with it. Do you know which setting I should look into?
I've seen this happen when using Calc's kitchen as well when I started using 21xxx ROMs. If you flash back to the stock shipped ROM it should reset it. I havn't uploaded a new kitchen lately as I'm trying to track down a couple bugs with notification sounds and CAB installs.

Remember, this is a totally Alpha kitchen and contains multitudes of bugs (and this week sucks because I'm crazy busy with work). I have total confidence that once I get some good quality time to concentrate on troubleshooting, we'll have another stable kitchen platform.

-Daryel
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond / TP2

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
I've seen this happen when using Calc's kitchen as well when I started using 21xxx ROMs. If you flash back to the stock shipped ROM it should reset it. I havn't uploaded a new kitchen lately as I'm trying to track down a couple bugs with notification sounds and CAB installs.

Remember, this is a totally Alpha kitchen and contains multitudes of bugs (and this week sucks because I'm crazy busy with work). I have total confidence that once I get some good quality time to concentrate on troubleshooting, we'll have another stable kitchen platform.

-Daryel
I have flashed with stock rom few times but same thing happened. Anyway, I will look into this myself as well and see if I can isolate the culprit.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Are you saying that voice works, but data does not? Or are you saying that internet sharing isn't working?
voice works but data does not. Went into the setting -> connections -> connections to manually set up data connection but usual menu is not there so I can't set up dialing connection with #777. It is just blank. Never seen this before and was thinking something did not cook in correctly.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Does this kitchen still delete the imageinfo.txt from the modules, like Bepe's original did?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansk75 View Post
voice works but data does not. Went into the setting -> connections -> connections to manually set up data connection but usual menu is not there so I can't set up dialing connection with #777. It is just blank. Never seen this before and was thinking something did not cook in correctly.
Make sure you include a Carrier Package in your build. I left mine out because it contains some packages for AntiTheft and my task settings which I didn't want to force onto anybody else. I don't have any problems with data or voice calling. I'm still trying to find out why WAVs work for notifications but WMAs won't. I think the problem I'm seeing with some CABs not installing (GoogleMaps) is a certificate problem... but I havn't had a chance to work on it this week yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Does this kitchen still delete the imageinfo.txt from the modules, like Bepe's original did?
I'm looking in my OEM folders (OEMDrivers to be exact) and the imageinfo.txt files are all still there.

-Daryel
Old 04-24-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Make sure you include a Carrier Package in your build. I left mine out because it contains some packages for AntiTheft and my task settings which I didn't want to force onto anybody else. I don't have any problems with data or voice calling. I'm still trying to find out why WAVs work for notifications but WMAs won't. I think the problem I'm seeing with some CABs not installing (GoogleMaps) is a certificate problem... but I havn't had a chance to work on it this week yet.

I'm looking in my OEM folders (OEMDrivers to be exact) and the imageinfo.txt files are all still there.

-Daryel
I have included sprint but had that problem.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

-Daryel

Make a ROM, dump it and check, unless ervius change the way bepe's new kitchen builds ROMs, it will delete them, which will make it unreallocatable to any other device. So that means, you can't do anything with those modules on another device, no porting over the SYS, xip, etc, which to me defeats the purpose of having a community like we have because only those with complete modules(SYS for ex) will be able to share it
Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
N00b

ervius is keeping up the good workervius is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Make a ROM, dump it and check, unless ervius change the way bepe's new kitchen builds ROMs, it will delete them, which will make it unreallocatable to any other device. So that means, you can't do anything with those modules on another device, no porting over the SYS, xip, etc, which to me defeats the purpose of having a community like we have because only those with complete modules(SYS for ex) will be able to share it
this is not really true.
all modules can be reused into other devices, only have to recontruct:
imageinfo.bin and add last s00x into modules.
and for xip modules too.
I never tryed to build a "remoduled" rom, but, with this trick, using greloc, or platformrebuilder, adding or deleting some modules, all other modules were reallocked (binary compare from all old s00x and new ones on same modules in 2 differents ROM building (adding or deleting some of them, to have realloc effect on remain modules)), so for me also roms builded with last bepe tools can be reused on all other devices!
bye!

my own webpage and some softwares!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:40 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Here's a copy of my grooveROM 4 base in Evirus' v6.5 visual kitchen. Everything works well.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agd7...OM_Kitchen_zip
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development