PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dicast
Re: [4-7-09] JonRom Version 1.3 Custom WM6.5 21202 Sprint rom with Rhodium Manila 1D

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Do they show up under pocket outlook? Can you delete them or modify them there?
They dont show under pocket outlook. Flash to different rom and flash back to your rom still there. somehow it restore my text messaging and email account but the email doesnt work. I cant delete or modify them either. Did you set the rom to store email in Internal Storage some where?

Ever, One small thing ever think about fixing that start icon? Am I the only one on this but it out of shape, it's not round. The start icon and background is too much like Ingoove, You got me confused for a second thinking that i flash Ingroove's rom instead. Thnks

Last edited by dicast; 04-08-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff
Re: [4-7-09] JonRom Version 1.3 Custom WM6.5 21202 Sprint rom with Rhodium Manila 1D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
They dont show under pocket outlook. Flash to different rom and flash back to your rom still there. somehow it restore my text messaging and email account but the email doesnt work. I cant delete or modify them either. Did you set the rom to store email in Internal Storage some where?

Ever, One small thing ever think about fixing that start icon? Am I the only one on this but it out of shape, it's not round. The start icon and background is too much like Ingoove, You got me confused for a second thinking that i flash Ingroove's rom instead. Thnks
The email and texts are stored in the file cemail.vol on the root folder of internal storage, and also in the Internal Storage\Mail folder. I would suggest deleting these files and folders to fix your phantom email issues. I'll keep the start menu in mind for the next release

edit: I just tested this myself and the only way I was able to delete the cemail.vol file was to change the registry entry to point to a different file. For example, go to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/MAPI/DbPath and change the value to cemail2.vol. This should fix your problem, then you can delete the original cemail.vol

Last edited by evertec; 04-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

is there a way to disable the honeycomb, so that it uses the new TF3D2 Start Menu? Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post

I tried the default windows 6.5 icons for the start menu/close/ok buttons and I actually like it better than the ones I was using even though they aren't as fancy, mainly because they're a lot bigger/easier to press. I'll put an update out tomorrow morning with it, but I can leave the old icons if anyone likes those better.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: telus diamond
Carrier: telus

football3620 is a n00b

Hi , will be flashing soon. Just wondering, how is the battery life under 6.5 or this version..
Old 04-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by football3620 View Post
Hi , will be flashing soon. Just wondering, how is the battery life under 6.5 or this version..
seems to be about the same as 6.1
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

I flashed this ROM last night and something odd happened that I've never experienced before with the Diamond. It started running extremely hot even when idle and the screen off. The next thing I know my batter went from 70% to 9% in like no time at all. It's almost as if some process was access the radio and burned right through the battery. Anyone else experience that?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

also, are you using some odd mix of taskbar icons? It's as if only the sound icon is from the tsowen set of taskbar icons, while everything else is stock. Can you leave them all as default? thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
also, are you using some odd mix of taskbar icons? It's as if only the sound icon is from the tsowen set of taskbar icons, while everything else is stock. Can you leave them all as default? thanks.
Only advice I can give you on the rapid battery decrease is flash to stock, clear storage, and flash back as I have never experienced that problem. As for the sound icon, the reason it's different is because it's packaged in the only working htcvolume.dll I could find. If you find another that works, let me know, but otherwise I'd rather have a working HTC volume control than go completely back to the stock volume control.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks evertec. Hopefully just a fluke with the battery drain and warming.

As for the taskbar icon, I'm curious to know how you figured out that the htcvolume.dll you are using would work. Did you read it somewhere (link)? The reason I ask, is that I'd like to look into it a bit. But I do agree that having the ability to use HTC Volume outweighs the mismatched icons. Good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Only advice I can give you on the rapid battery decrease is flash to stock, clear storage, and flash back as I have never experienced that problem. As for the sound icon, the reason it's different is because it's packaged in the only working htcvolume.dll I could find. If you find another that works, let me know, but otherwise I'd rather have a working HTC volume control than go completely back to the stock volume control.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development