PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! Diamond keeps on HARD RESETTING

Guys I have been struggling with this issue for a very long time. It seems to have started when a lot of the chefs moved to a 12XXX sys. What I find works the best for me but it is a real time concumer is to flash back to stock(I use the shipped Telus). Let customization run, then do a clear storage(1234) and then flash the rom of my choice. Once customization finishes, same thing, do a clear storage(1234). This has worked for me with 95% accuracy. When I skip steps is when I tend to run in to problems. But even then I have still problems. I also find certain builds give me more trouble than other. For instance I am on Mystery 1.X right now but could not get 2.0 to work for the life if me. Hope this helps!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

samnyc is a n00b

Thanks for posting this. I've had to reinstall/reflash the Mighty rom 8 times in 3 days. Its really no fun setting everything just right, then losing it all on the next softreboot/crash.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: mts

rlecocq is a n00b

I have to agree with installing the stock flash then going with the aftermarket stuff. Solved my problem ...and I tried "everyting". I could not solve the freezing ....hard re-setting..failed boots etc. But as a last resort I installed the stock telus shipped rom and Bingo! my problems were solved.

On a side note, I have to say for the hour or so that I had the Telus rom in I did not think it was all that bad!? please dont hate me! LOL I now have the FUFu rom installed and its ok.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

holydhaliwal is a n00b

Actually i had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, averytime i would restart my device it would hard-reset and I also fixed it by going back to the stock telus rom from htc, and then back to one of these custom roms from the boards.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jump4jay is just getting started

I had the hard-resetting issue happen to me twice since installing Mighty's 4.8 last week. So finally yesterday I flashed back to Telus stock, then went ahead and flashed MightyROM 4.8 again and all seems just fine now over the last 24hrs *knock on wood*. It's bizarre how only since this ROM has this issue seems to have arised (for me, anyway).

But as a side observation that may or may not be related, both times when the device was hard-resetting itself after a soft-reset, I had changed the default storage locations of the "My" folders from eg. "/My Documents/My Pictures" to "/Storage Card/My Documents/My Pictures" using Advanced Config in the 'Locations' section. But to clarify, the hard-reset was always sometime after (not immediately) making those changes, as in a few hours after... seemingly randomly. But just before it happens, the program icons (main ones like Contacts, Calender, etc) became some sort of default winlogo icons.

Very weird indeed.

I've learned my lesson and am no longer trying to change defaults like that... just in case.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch

gottx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydhaliwal View Post
Actually i had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, averytime i would restart my device it would hard-reset and I also fixed it by going back to the stock telus rom from htc, and then back to one of these custom roms from the boards.
Same for me a couple of ... flash telus stock, clear storage, flash with custom rom, clear storage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development