PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Question Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

If I have some custom ringtones that I want to install with the ROM, where do I put them and what do I need to do to have them as ringtones?
I just tried dropping them into the Rhodium ringtones folder and they were installed into Windows, but they aren't "visible" when I try to select one.
I remember there used to be some sort of list that was edited pre-flash, but I haven't been able to find it in any of the files where the current ringtones reside.
I think I found it.... inserting the file names in initflashfile.txt.

Last edited by Trident; 06-02-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

i have a problem with this grooverom5 wifi manager, jesus im used to already having my network searched for then enter password and then done. Your wifi manager wants to know the SSID Bla Bla Bla stuff i have no idea to use, you should have made this user friendly man, this stuff is weird bro. How can i connect to my newtwork?????
Old 06-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

and what a stable program to delete internet cache for opera browser and IE6.0 also groove this post and the last one actually have to do with me being on your simplerom my bad but you can still answer since thier your roms, then just move the posts to simplerom please.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

dpiantino is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
If I have some custom ringtones that I want to install with the ROM, where do I put them and what do I need to do to have them as ringtones?
I just tried dropping them into the Rhodium ringtones folder and they were installed into Windows, but they aren't "visible" when I try to select one.
I remember there used to be some sort of list that was edited pre-flash, but I haven't been able to find it in any of the files where the current ringtones reside.
I think I found it.... inserting the file names in initflashfile.txt.
I drop my ringtones in Application Data -> Sounds They show up in the drop down menus
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tprime76 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tprime76

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
i have a problem with this grooverom5 wifi manager, jesus im used to already having my network searched for then enter password and then done. Your wifi manager wants to know the SSID Bla Bla Bla stuff i have no idea to use, you should have made this user friendly man, this stuff is weird bro. How can i connect to my newtwork?????
This is normal networking stuff, relax. The SSID is just the name of your wireless access point. When it used to say something about connecting to <access point name> please enter key, that access point name is your SSID. Chances are, if you set up WEP or WPA on your router (which is what requires you to enter the key), you know your SSID but never referred to it by that name.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

OK. I got almost everything going correctly.
The only niggling little bother is that I can't get the icon to show up in the People panel. I can make it disappear entirely, but I'd rather have it look "right". I have to unselect the ATContacts selection to get BuildOS to complete, but maybe there is just a file to remove or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture19.jpg (114.1 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
OK. I got almost everything going correctly.
The only niggling little bother is that I can't get the icon to show up in the People panel. I can make it disappear entirely, but I'd rather have it look "right". I have to unselect the ATContacts selection to get BuildOS to complete, but maybe there is just a file to remove or something?
The icon links for titanium are pointed to icons in a dll. Since you're using the Titanium 7 project, it has modified dlls, and that icon is not where it is in the stock dll. You would need to look through the modified dll with resource hacker, and find the correct icon path, and then link to in in the rgu. Fun fun.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
thanks a ton for these steps. just installed this black keyboard here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70260 and it works perfect!
I have this one all OEM'd up and built into my personal rom. It looks quite nice, and will be in future builds in place of my custom HD black keyboard.

Thanks to Merdinh for this great keyboard.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

I am trying to place some pic's in the My Documents\My Pictures Dir and the phone wont let me it copys but then when i go to see the file its not there???? any ideas?

and all of the sudden i can not sent a picture msg and more wtf is going on here ??? it work great yesterday after i flashed!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!!?????

Last edited by apaquette0069; 06-02-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

try clicking on "menu" then "show all files"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development